The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Braton Vandal has every right to be brought back:

1) It was free

2) It wasn't properly advertised

Many starting players didn't even know it was a thing even if they were there.

I would have them be milestone rewards, and give the original owners a special skin that they can brag about.

i would love if they would come back, perhaps as a part of an event or baro inventory, just not anything to simply hand the out like its nothing.

i wouldent want them to be in sorties unless you can make it stop giving the same reward multiple times in the same season.

also, since you mentioned the founder items, im not sure its been long enough, maybe in another year or 2 it could be discussed, but that is very much depands on how meny founders are still active, and how will they feel about it as time pass. (or you can make excal umbra and weapons a copy of the prime veriant wich offer no additional affinity to whoever own the founder items, so founders still stand out in game)

13 hours ago, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

I do like this idea.

Although, I think it'd be best to bring it back with different emblem placement. That way it's still the Braton Vandal, but you could still identify the beta and the newer variant.

Braton Vandal: Looks like a great weapon, sure gimme.

Lato Vandal: Dookie, don't care

Excalibur Prime: Obviously I'd love it but that would spit in the faces of those that earned it. Kinda curious to see if they'd care about the Lato Prime though.

What I REALLY want: Latron Wraith! Why did you put Dera up a second time instead of this?

Edited by Vulture051

I am a founder  (excal only) and I missed the lato and braton vandal, because i didn't understand the came with a slot and potato.

But i also regret not blowing my last $150 to get lato and skana prime

12 minutes ago, Vulture051 said:

Braton Vandal: Looks like a great weapon, sure gimme.

Lato Vandal: Dookie, don't care

Excalibur Prime: Obviously I'd love it but that would spit in the faces of those that earned it. Kinda curious to see if they'd care about the Lato Prime though.

What I REALLY want: Latron Wraith! Why did you put Dera up a second time instead of this?

Oh they made it clear founders stuff is still a no. And lato was like $250 and is a little bit more exclusive then excal, And i wouldn't exactly describe it as earned, imo

Braton Vandal honestly, should make a return due to it's circumstances and it was up for everyone to grab in the market, though it really wasn't announced that well that it was there.

But the Lato Vandal was rewarded to CBT players and it should remain as such.

5 hours ago, Yaerion said:

*talks as a random member of this community, and founder*

Please stop with the "Founder was promised to stay exclusive" "DE is bound by contract/law" argument. We were also said that the access to the Design Council was exclusive (and in fact to me that IS/was the most valuable part of the Founder Pack, that's why I bought it in the first place), and we lost that

All accessories for Prime Accesses were called "Exclusive", and now they aren't anymore.

And there wasn't a revolution because these exclusivities were ended. Because... this is fine.

I don't see why the Founder pack or Vandal exclusive or any exclusive is a "forever no" for DE (the FAQ says "No active plan", not "Never. Ever. Again. Whatever. Happens. Until. The. End. Of. Times."). The word "exclusivity" (meaning "forever exclusive") has already been broken -multiple times- for Warframe, and since a long time. And I'm fine with it. Most of the Community is fine with it. I think it's positive for the Community to move forward and let go the unnecessary avarice.

The only thing "problematic" that DE has to face, is the MEANING of exclusive content. The players who got those items firsthand should have a way to display this "meaning" as fashion. Fashion causes no gap in the Codex, Mastery, gameplay, game as a whole, but is ideal to display messages. Like "Yeah, I'm a CBT".

And those players with formerly "exclusive" content do not even have to be salty about it: they would gain during the process: cosmetic accessories/features, usable on the whole family of the same item, the liberty to display proudly their feat on other weapons than the exclusive one that they barely use, and the satisfaction to make other people happy and to make the game complete again, finally.

I also think that the poll is useless, since the result is obvious, but Rebecca was clear about their intention here: discuss. The poll results won't mean that DE will obey to the majority on that matter. They just give us the opportunity to discuss the nub of matter, consequences, possibilities, feelings, etc. And that's what we're doing. So, please don't feel threatened by what is said on this thread (or my replies). None here wants the CBT to be thrown away in complete disrespect (or any other "exclusive content owner" group). :)

From the Void, with love.

This. So much this!

Although I do agree with something that has been stated several times in this thread: the poll should be made among CBT people, if it's technically possible.

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Excal Prime = real Money // CB Weapon OB Weapon = ... been there.. just had Access to the cb

Doesn't matter. Both Excal and First Vandals are unique items. They might be not top weapons, but they're signs of you have been in game from the very start. None other games I know of spit to its old player faces and offer CBT items to some newfаgz. Returning of FIrst Vandals will abandon their uniquness and they'll become just MR fodder. And DE might re-release Excal Prime Access in future. Why not? And everybody will vote "yes" ofc.

Edited by demminik

Biggest reason I'd want the Braton Vandal to come back here is because its the only sniper rifle with P type damage, making it highly effective against grineer. Every other one pretty much does Impact, except for that one charging corpus on that does lighting. 

EDIT

Wait.. I mean sniperton. Thats the weapon I want or at least a new sniper that does P type damage instead of I type. 

Edited by MacabreHaze