Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, spacedkadet said:

why not just give everyone who doesnt have them the mastery points? that's all the majority of people want them for anyway. write a script, if the player doesn't have it then just add 3k per missing weapon :D

I like this compromise.

But I'd take it a step further and add braton vandal and lato vandal to each player's profile.

Show it as a maxed weapon on account, but DE wouldn't have to actually hand out the weapon.

11 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Supplementary gifts will eventualy by demanded by the others too. Its just postponing the real problem

The thing is that the weapons are actual game content while cosmetics is bling. If it has no affect on gameplay or progression then asking for it would be and is trivial. And before you beat the dead horse named "very little mastery", it does affect progression no matter how small of a difference it makes.

4 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Get your facts straight coba. both lato and braton completion will move your mastery progress by max 5 points. They are not critical for level progression.

There are people wih mastery 21 and they don't have them.

That´s not the Point for player´s which really love this weapon .. It´s sad that many just care about these little mr-point

ummm.... seeing as how i was here for a VERY long time in order to get these the are my only way of showing such... as much as i wouldn't mind their return i think i would still like something to show off how long i have been around... so yea...

please if you are considering this take these things in mind.
-the vote is going to be very biased because 90% of the community doesn't have them
-these things are the only way people can show how long they have played the game
-if you do give them away consider giving the people who already have them something in return.

for instance i think something fair would be something along the lines of this.
a weapon skin, one for single pistols, one for assault rifles. essentially something that can be used on those weapons that would override the model of the weapon and make it appear as something else, something that can be used on any variant of an assault rifle or single pistol. something that is unique enough to be able to be shown off, and something that allows for players to still have something to show how long they have been playing the game.

also to note, do you think that whatever skins used to override the model could also override the sound of the weapon as well? something that really stands out. like i said i would still like to show how long i have been playing.

please, i don't mind them being released, but i do still want to show how long i have been playing...

Edited by lightdragon64

8 hours ago, -PP-LittleCloud said:

In addition with founders, there'll be an ability to show "Founder" status below their title.

If there was an ability to show that status I would hope it could be disabled with a toggle. I've been abused for using my Excalibur Prime in the past and make a point of never bringing exclusive items (including Founder's sigils) to public matches because of it. It's just not worth the hassle.

Regarding the main topic, I'd like to see the Lato and Braton Vandals return but would prefer for them to come back in a buffed, non-Sortie form. Tying it to in-game hours played or the daily login system is one way of doing it, but they could also be bundled with a Skana Vandal and handed out each year at Christmas time as a counter-point to the Dex anniversary items.

definetly agreed with them being a daily milestone or spent x amount of hours played

as for excalibur prime as much as i want it  upon checking DE's backgrounds i realize how much   founders helped and why   he symbolizes a promise  , hes definetly justified to his exclusivity ,

with that said  Excalibur Umbra When?

Edited by Retepzednem

I got a Lato Vandal for being part of CBT and I didnt even get to actually play the game till U7. Id love to see the braton vandal and lato vandal come back in some form or another. Needless to say, I missed out on the the braton vandal duringt the transition to open beta. I could always use the Mastery points tho(MR22 completionist here)

As a player how enter into the mesa update, start whit excalubur and play till today, one of tings i proud of warframe is they always interact whit the player, i tink should be return, the guys how  have i am prety sure they dont use, have houndres of weapons now, and players like me, how dont enter in the beta becouse dont know about the game, or other reason, can have the chance, but the should return i would like to see the harder alert you have prepare

I think this will be controversial because everyone who hasn't gotten them will want them, and those players probably outnumber the people who already got them. Personally, I'd love to get the weapons, but I've read that they were for people who participated in the beta(s). It doesn't seem too fair, but I would love to have them. I would say, "Buff the originals, or nerf the new ones," but I don't think it'd work that way...

As a console player I know we miss out on a lot of things, we never had a founders pack, we didn't get beta rewards.  If we want something unique we can buy the renown packs.  I really would like them but i get the beta players would get butt hurt.  However if the Devs decide to release them again it should be done as a mile stone log in reward, like 500 days.  Or better yet to players with a couple hundred hours in the game.  They can remain special, and only in the hands of dedicated players that have invested a great deal into the game.

I think rotating out nezha from the sorties every once in a while can't hurt as she's literally worth less than mag in the "oh I accumulated 7 mag sets accidently" days. Sticking to one returned weapon + 1 new weapon in each sortie will keep people interested in playing sorties each round. Also I wouldn't be against some more challenging modes in the sorties, like no warframe abilities or something along those lines. Most of the sorties can be trivialized by a proper setup of frames. I just wish endgame was more stimulating beyond getting the proper setup of frames.

I don't particularly care if lato and braton vandal come back, Maybe you can make them anniversary gifts of 1 year and 2 year after you make your account, It'll also give a reason for old players to come back to new guns. and something to look forward to for newer players, as you wont get all retired weapons(beside founder items) within 2 years anyways, this atleast guarantees you will get these 2 in particular if you keep playing.

Just now, Retepzednem said:

should we even care ? i mean they are vandal and all but we are talking  Braton and a Lato pretty much the most meh weapons ingame .

Once you reach end-endgame, you get weapons because they're fun not so much because you can oneshot in the sorties with them.
I realize this doesn't cater to a giant group of the playerbase but that doesn't mean they don't have to right to want some of the older retired weapons for their collection.

I think that they should stay gone, I do not have either of them but they are from important milestones, if you are going to bring them back I think they need to be for proper signifigant milestones as well, As Polarity said, but maybe one of them at 750 days and the other at 1000.

Also think that doing a poll that anyone can vote in kind of defeats the point, maybe one that targets only the players that have either or both of these weapons would be better...   probably a nightmare to implement, but thats my thoughts.

I know people are torn on keeping the Lato Vandal exclusive but man I want a reason to use a beefed up Lato (if Lato Vandal or variants ever got buffed)

Maybe we should have a Lato Umbra? That's probably just a really silly thing to want though.

53 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Guess DE can't win no matter what.

What about making it a reward for a near impossible mission like the last alert of 299-900 alert? people who could complete that sort of the mission (legit, no power creep) or making it a skill based mission where we have to defeat enemies melee only will receive it as a reward?

We earn it rather than just hand it over to us?

These 2 guns are MR fodder at this point and will always is, giving us something else won't "erase" them :(

For example i still don't have Brakk, even if i get Prisma or Wraith i will still hunt it down, giving me better guns won't erase the older weaker types, we will always want to get our hands on as much MR fodder/ Affinity/ XP as we can to increase our MR. :(

The example you gave have one flaw; Brakk is still obtainable in game. While these Vandals are not and conflicted with ''exclusivity''. So we need to consider that some CB players may not agree with re-introduction of the weapons. Mastery is still a problem, isn't it always been problem with MR? Delaying the issue is an option IMO.

Edited by LogaMC1995

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Killerworld said:

Yea it should, not like anyone spent real money for and on PS4 side you guys and gals re-released the Braton Obsidian Skin.

It shouldn't be on PC anymore, but definitely on other platforms.