Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 11

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

That "couldn't ypdate account information" after every single mission is unnerving to say the least.

Ah yes, that probably means you got nothing from the mission. Yep, the most dreaded bug in Warframe history is BACK BABY! (well, it's the most dreaded for me at least)

Just now, PhoeniixFiire said:

Ah yes, that probably means you got nothing from the mission. Yep, the most dreaded bug in Warframe history is BACK BABY! (well, it's the most dreaded for me at least)

No, I do get my rewards, because it tries to update again and succeeds.

Still, something that shouldn't happen.

32 minutes ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Very nice hotfix. Looks like lots of bugs have been fixed. I know that invasion escape pod bug was getting pretty annoying the other day. I should have only had to do the mission 3 times, but ended up doing it like 7 or 8 times because the pod kept getting stuck.

Oh, btw, I noticed that at some point DE snuck in separate key bindings for Lunaro. They're all the way at the bottom of the key bindings screen, but they're there and the work! I now have "Use" mapped to "E" again! It was so annoying having to remap it just to dash, and having dash mapped to "E" without any way to change it was just horrendous. I can now play Lunaro properly now and I'm happy :)

One thing I would like to mention though. I was playing a couple archwing missions the other day and I'm really not liking the new flight model. It could work with some tweaks, but as it is, it's ridiculously hard to control. There's no good way to stop anymore as pressing "S" causing the archwing to move forward and start to make a turn. It's like in many third person games where you press the opposite direction and instead of your character turning in place and then moving that direction, they instead move in a semi-circle until they are finally facing that direction. This wouldn't be so bad except that the new momentum causes you to then start drifting in weird directions. Basically, your only option for stopping is to just stop accelerating and hope that you come to a stop in the right place. This because very troublesome when it comes time to extract as the extraction area is so small, it's very difficult to actually stop in the right area. Also, the momentum itself is pretty annoying, especially when moving through tight places. I felt like a pinball with the old flight model, constantly bouncing off things, but at least I got through. Now I feel like a bowling ball. I still constantly run into things, but now it's incredibly difficult and slow to correct and move on. As I said to my squad, this new "six degrees of freedom" doesn't really feel like freedom, and it doesn't, it feels slow, unresponsive, unwieldy, and clunky. Oh, and I didn't even mention shooting in the new system...it's bad, I mean REALLY bad. Why are my bullets shooting out of the barrel at a 90 degree angle? It doesn't make sense, and they seem to not always shoot in the direction I'm pointing either. I personally liked the jetpack style movement of the original system where we actually had the ability to strafe around while still pointing in one direction. The new system is just too difficult to control. And no, it's not that I'm "just not used to it", it's just clunky and doesn't work for the type of levels archwing has. This movement system was not designed for use it tight environments or fast paced combat. I like where you guys were going with it, but I think we need strafing back. I don't think it would be difficult to do either. Just make it so if we point forward (W) we use the "six degrees of freedom" model, but if we press left (A), right (D), and especially back (S) then we can strafe around. Even if you just allowed strafing when we are aiming (RMB), that would be a step in the right direction, though that wouldn't fix how terrible it looks when we shoot when flying around (seriously, did you guys test that? My gun is almost never pointing in the direction the bullets are going). Please have another look at this. Archwing really needs some help as it's not a very popular mode. It's fun when it works, but it needs some love.

It's a long post, but I agree with all of it.

3 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

No, I do get my rewards, because it tries to update again and succeeds.

Still, something that shouldn't happen.

Oh hey, well that's new! It never used to actually retry before, so maybe they actually fixed that dumb bug in a way, though it would be nice just to not see that error at all.

16 minutes ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Oh yeah, I was having that issue as well. Quite frustrating. I had to Ctl+Alt+Del instead, and even then it was really fighting me. I've had this issue with MANY games in the past, but for Warframe it's pretty much always worked, so it's more startling when all of a sudden it stops working.

I had my entire PC crash while alt-tabbing out of full screen mode a good while back (before Specters of the Rail). I switched to borderless window mode, and haven't looked back. It does take your current resolution for the game resolution, so you'll have to be using the resolution you want, but it works perfectly fine for me, and no weird fullscreen bugs from Warframe as a result. I'd recommend doing that for anyone having alt-tab issues.

2 minutes ago, Geraaltix said:

I had my entire PC crash while alt-tabbing out of full screen mode a good while back (before Specters of the Rail). I switched to borderless window mode, and haven't looked back. It does take your current resolution for the game resolution, so you'll have to be using the resolution you want, but it works perfectly fine for me, and no weird fullscreen bugs from Warframe as a result. I'd recommend doing that for anyone having alt-tab issues.

I would normally do that, but I have a g-sync monitor and end up losing the functionality if not in fullscreen. NVidia has a mode for windowed games, but it doesn't work nearly as well as fullscreen g-sync.

21 minutes ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

Oh yeah, I was having that issue as well. Quite frustrating. I had to Ctl+Alt+Del instead, and even then it was really fighting me. I've had this issue with MANY games in the past, but for Warframe it's pretty much always worked, so it's more startling when all of a sudden it stops working.

That is a W10 problem.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Burston has received a visual rework

Can we revert that and instead alter the Burston *prime* appearance?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed strange flickering of UI elements that could occur on AMD or Intel GPUs

I'm on an NVidia card and I've been getting this.

1 hour ago, Raniu said:

• JV trial crashing the host when they enter the golem for the first nerve:

when outside too best sequence of hotfix

• When leave the dojo the squad menu,foundry,market are unavaileble and force a logout....

6 minutes ago, Erebvs said:

That is a W10 problem.

No, it's not, because many games DO alt+tab just fine. Warframe worked fine a few updates ago, and a number of other games I've been playing alt+tab just fine. It's entirely possible for alt+tabbing to work correctly in W10, and W10 is VERY popular and has been out for a year now, so there's really no excuse for a game that's updated as much as Warframe to not alt+tab correctly in W10.

1 hour ago, Fabpsi said:

Here, have a cat as reward :3

Reveal hidden contents

AmazingGrayAtlanticridleyturtle-size_res

Is the cat just giong to sit there or does he plan to feed them to the void fissure already!?

Speaking of fissures, will the issue of fissure enemies running away from the area be addressed any time soon?

you haven't fix Sonicor's first magazine capacity, every time entering a mission and change to secondary weapon (Sonicor) then it's shots are only 15 instead mine were modded to be 21 in the magazine.

Check it out though, I'm confused .-.

3 minutes ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

No, it's not, because many games DO alt+tab just fine. Warframe worked fine a few updates ago, and a number of other games I've been playing alt+tab just fine. It's entirely possible for alt+tabbing to work correctly in W10, and W10 is VERY popular and has been out for a year now, so there's really no excuse for a game that's updated as much as Warframe to not alt+tab correctly in W10.

W8 still having bugs, don't surprise me w10 too. Lol. But, you're right. Other apps work fine.

11 minutes ago, Erebvs said:

W8 still having bugs, don't surprise me w10 too. Lol. But, you're right. Other apps work fine.

I'm just saying that blaming it on W10 when it's been out for a year and is one of the most used OS's now just doesn't make sense. DE and all other developers developing for PC should be testing their stuff on W10 and if they're not, it's their problem, not Microsoft's.