The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Preassure Point worthless?

(PSN)Igna232

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They will give us legendary core or close to equal compensation in amount of cores, in the end it will come out to the same thing. 

This is their usual way of compensating something like this, no reason to think it will change. We will get legendary cores or equivalent fusion value almost certainly. 

i want my 4 or 5 million credits back (probably even more than that) other than them just giving us a pat and saying "hey, sorry not sorry but we have decided to remove damage mods from the game, you are going to get a little bit back on your investment, here have one cookie, we understand it is not a jar full of cookies, but to bad i guess, you will have to get over all that time and effort you spent working very hard to rank these mods" i for one imho do not think we will get that back, which is just does not sit well with me.

I am a little salty, but then again, maybe they will fulfill our wish, just maybe, but do not expect anything good to come out of it, or maybe you can believe something good will come out of it! Who really knows?

I would love to give some advice to people who are thinking about maxing it, it is tempting i know, but if they are going to get rid of these mods, i say wait, unless you have the resources and do not care what happens to your cores and money, go for it, if you are on the fence about the mod, i would wait till they say something about it, official DE advice on what damage 3.0 will be like and what they are going to do about damage mods etc.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

weren't they going to remove all raw base damage mods which was what was discussed in the damage 3.0 concept , weapon damage scales with its rank then ...?

Get this: Sheldon put the Mod in the rotation without the rest of the team knowing, the found out in the Devstream. According to Steve, it wasnt supposed to be in the game.

3 hours ago, Keybopsef said:

How long ago is originally?

I've heard Primed Fury is what Fury originally was before it was nerfed but I've never heard the same thing for Primed pressure point.

Primed Fury is actually still weaker than what old Fury was, but both were changed when stances were introduced. Reach was also a victim of those changes,

3 hours ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

i want my 4 or 5 million credits back (probably even more than that) other than them just giving us a pat and saying "hey, sorry not sorry but we have decided to remove damage mods from the game, you are going to get a little bit back on your investment, here have one cookie, we understand it is not a jar full of cookies, but to bad i guess, you will have to get over all that time and effort you spent working very hard to rank these mods" i for one imho do not think we will get that back, which is just does not sit well with me.

I am a little salty, but then again, maybe they will fulfill our wish, just maybe, but do not expect anything good to come out of it, or maybe you can believe something good will come out of it! Who really knows?

Yeah it's gonna suck adjusting but, if they do really replace maxed r10 mods and legendary mods they remove with cores, then your salt will be shortlived. 

With how many are around the legendary cores won't be valuable for sale-wise that much, but you will be incredibly rich in fusion power. Think of it this way, with the damage rework they intend to build the mandatory damage mods into the weapon. Free mod slot, so you can fit more legendary mods into your weapons. And suddenly you'll have a bevy of legendary cores to level whatever you please. 

Feel like using primed bane mods now that damage 3.0 is around? You'll have all the cores you need to level them instead of stuff like serration that you used to have. It will be worth it in the end, and they'll make sure we get compensated. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

weren't they going to remove all raw base damage mods which was what was discussed in the damage 3.0 concept , weapon damage scales with its rank then ...?

It was only a discussion on a livestream a while ago, started with the multishot issue and continued with the raw damage ones. 

But everyone jumped on the couch like if  it was an active plan already coming in the next hotfix. 

There's clearly still the plan, but it's quite far away at the moment. 

I guess we can try to have some news as soon as TWW storm is gone. 

Edited by siralextraffo

9 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

It was only a discussion on a livestream a while ago, started with the multishot issue and continued with the raw damage ones. 

But everyone jumped on the couch like if  it was an active plan already coming in the next hotfix. 

There's clearly still the plan, but it's quite far away at the moment. 

I guess we can try to have some news as soon as TWW storm is gone. 

yea i guess, just wish those raw damage would begone so id have another mod slot xD

Remember the time when pressure point was 21% damage boost then they realised that is bull krap then they buffed to 120% at max.

BTW the primed mods are bandaid powercreep mods and some other mods like the fury was way better before they decided to nerf it then added later the primed version which gives 5% less than the normal before the nerf. So there is no logic here and often they doesn't know what they are doing.

The only reason why the primed mods exist is their credit and core sink nature if you bored out and cannot do anything else you can rank up these stuffs. Really not know why they are make things like this.

Edited by Sziklamester

Worthless? No.
Cost-inefficient? Hell yes.

As most here said, if you can spare the cores to max it and you can spare the forma to fit in your build, it's more than worth it. After all, it's 45% more damage than the standard Pressure Point. What I could also agree with though is that this mod is more of a mod for Veterans, since I can imagine only veterans having the credits, fusion cores and forma's to spare to make this mod worth it.

4 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yea i guess, just wish those raw damage would begone so id have another mod slot xD

Yea and considering multishot ones might eat up ammo you could end up with more than one slot.. 

We have to wait and see, as they can't just remove those mods without looking at damage itself and enemy scaling. 

Its worth--for me at least is just something new to play with. Its worth to the devs is that it is something new for their players to play with and hopefully spend more time on to increase the odds you'll spend some money. Not everyone has forma lined up and if a new mod comes around to make it so you need to add forma to your weapon and those who are impatient decide to buy said forma, it's all good business for them in the end. 

On August 12, 2016 at 5:10 PM, (PS4)Igna232 said:

I just bought Primed Preassure Point from Baro. And I feel I've been scammed. Rank 5 Preassure point is the same as Rank 7 PRIMED Preassure Point. And I don't have to say it costs 8 times more... Ranking primed mods is too expensive and I don't know if it's worth it...

WTH DE...

It's an exponential increase in time and effort and resources for a positive linear return.

That final increase in damage weighted against point cost/forma seems insufficient...

...until you consider damage multipliers of any kind.

They make the long road worth it.  Trust the curve...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

21 minutes ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

That could've been a joke

Sheldon has been known to do stuff like that, so it is anyone's guess...

Also, if it is a waste or not depends on your resources/playstyle...

To be honest I will probably max it when I get enough resources, because it already bugs me enough to have to looked at an unmaxed Life Strike....

On 8/13/2016 at 9:10 AM, (PS4)Igna232 said:

-snip-

It's not cost efficient, but if you have the massive core backlog, then it's worth it to level it to max. I have it maxed just cause it's nice to have extra dmg, but if you don't have the cores, then don't do it. If you do have the cores, then go for it. Extra, flat dmg is always worth it.