Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Slots

(XBOX)Paladin Kenobi

While it certainly would be nice to break up the generic "Weapons Slots" category into the different types, I'm not sure why there would be an issue regarding keeping more stuff. You can buy more slots for platinum and I imagine that wouldn't change even if the different weapon types were broken up into separate categories.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

Not a good idea. I like melee a lot, which is why I keep a lot more melee weapons than anything else. It would F*** me if I was limited to a certain number of melee weapons.

thats how i feel about primarys, it should be split up instead of what it is now all weapons share the same slot category, everyone could keep many weapons and such it if prim,melee and sec had there own slots. doesn't make sense to me lol??

1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I just wish there was a search bar in arsenal when selecting them as well as in inventory. I have so many to scroll through at this point.

I'd prefer just being able to favorite weapons to bump them to the top.

Considering I have at least one copy of every weapon in the game (excluding Founder exclusives), it sometimes takes a while to scroll to what I'm looking for (and chances are I'll accidentally pass it up).

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

Why arent there separate weapon slot categories, would make more since if you had 10 slots for each weapon type, 10 for melee, primary and secondaries instead of 1 slot categorie. Anyone else agree? could keep more stuff

I bought more than 100 slots. These are equally usable by melee, primary and secondary weapons. Should I like the change if I couldn't turn my secondary into melee weapon by crafting for the sole reason of melee slots and secondary slots being a different stuff? Nope.

18 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I just wish there was a search bar in arsenal when selecting them as well as in inventory. I have so many to scroll through at this point.

There is a search option in the arsenal.  Up in the top left above the list of weapons there is a search box.

On topic, I'd rather keep it as is so I can sell a weapon from one category to make room for a weapon from another category.  While 10 slots for each of Primary, Secondary and Melee is certainly better than the 6 we start with for all (ridiculously so, to the point where the suggestion of 10 slots per category can barely be taken seriously) by the stage I'm at you'll either buying new slots with each release or selling something to make room anyway.

8 minutes ago, tutzdes said:

I bought more than 100 slots. These are equally usable by melee, primary and secondary weapons. Should I like the change if I couldn't turn my secondary into melee weapon by crafting for the sole reason of melee slots and secondary slots being a different stuff? Nope.

that seems very unnecessary lol 100 slots, if you have that much stuff separate slots would benefit you as well, you wouldnt have to pump so much platinum into the game

1 minute ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

that seems very unnecessary lol 100 slots, if you have that much stuff separate slots would benefit you as well, you wouldnt have to pump so much platinum into the game

Um.. no? because if they are separated they would have to buy slots for specific categories instead of any weapon. Then they would be unable to sell a weapon from one category and get a slot for a weapon from another category, exactly like they said... Not to mention that buying 100 slots would cost exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

It's necessary if you want to keep everything...which I do. It cost the same either way, I don't understand why you want to impose limitations where there is currently none.

One slot that can only be used for melee vs one slot that can be used for every weapon type.

I like the status quo. When you're in arsenal it only shows the weapon type you can equip, so they are 'divided' but when it comes to inventory a slot is a slot as far as weapons are concerned. Making it so that only melee or only primary or only secondary weapons could fill certain slots would inevitably result in having a few blank spots at times in one category and not enough in another when MR foddering.  That would result in needing to buy more slots than necessary.

And really, weapon slots are the cheapest thing to buy in game atm (pretty much) at 6p per slot (2 for 12p).

Not entirely sure how you could keep more stuff if weapon slots were split into categories. unless you mean you get "10 slots each per purchase at the same price" which... honestly, just ask for weapon slots to be cheaper, because that is what you actually want.

I think it's fine the way it is. Perhaps they can add in some of what they did in the market place. hide by weapon classes, and make searches, but other wise really how big are your weaponry arsenals? it's not like it's pages and pages. I don't know about you guys but if I'm not going to use it to build something else, and I'm never going to use it again, it gets sold right after mastered.

Edited by Andaius

To be honest this is a bad idea.

Say you are capped out on weapons, and a new primary comes out. If weapon slots are specific, you can no longer pawn off that old skana to free up space, you have to either sell one of the primaries you like or buy more primary slots. 

Keeping weapon slots generic has literally no disadvantages.

2 minutes ago, Andaius said:

I think it's fine the way it is. Perhaps they can add in some of what they did in the market place. hide by weapon classes, and make searches, but other wise really how big are your weaponry arsenals? it's not like it's pages and pages. I don't know about you guys but if I'm not going to use it to build something else, and I'm never going to use it again, it gets sold right after mastered.

one thing they should add when viewing the market, there should be a page deticated to guns i havent mastered yet, i forget somethimes which guns i have and havent used yet, everyone would like that

Just now, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

one thing they should add when viewing the market, there should be a page deticated to guns i havent mastered yet, i forget somethimes which guns i have and havent used yet, everyone would like that

yes, hide by mastery would be a good one too. not just by owned. good call.

40 minutes ago, Vuli said:

It's necessary if you want to keep everything...which I do. It cost the same either way, I don't understand why you want to impose limitations where there is currently none.

all weapons in one category is a restriction, all guns in one takes up space faster than each having there own. prim, sec and melee start with there own 10 slots

1 hour ago, V45H said:

better inventory organization is all i really want :/

yeah I'd like to be able to organise my inventory how 'I' want it or at the very least have the tabs for each category of weapon and ideally a way to block into 'types' (rifle, shotgun, launcher etc)

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

Just turn 180 degrees, walk 2 feet and you are at the codex, which tells you what you have mastered.

I like having the flexibility of unrestricted slots.

Being forced to buy two more secondary slots for that new sidearm when I have 3 open primary slots is too restrictive and detrimental.  I'd feel like DE was introducing pay wall's just to make a bit more cash.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

all weapons in one category is a restriction, all guns in one takes up space faster than each having there own. prim, sec and melee start with there own 10 slots

We currently start with 6 weapons slots I think? so bumping it up to 30 total is pretty much out of the question right off the bat anyway. What you would have instead is 2 of each slot, and you would have to buy more of them individually, which would just be more of a hastle.

Really, adding a restriction to the categories is what would be a restriction, what we have right now is most certainly not.

Edited by rapt0rman

3 hours ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

Why arent there separate weapon slot categories, would make more since if you had 10 slots for each weapon type, 10 for melee, primary and secondaries instead of 1 slot categorie. Anyone else agree? could keep more stuff

Objection!

30 slots would cost 15x12 plat.

10 primary+10 seconday+10melee would cost 5x12+ 5x12+ 5x12

It's exactly the same amount. Bothing changes.