Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Big question for big guys"

Askell91

41 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

No you are not alone, Void is boring, the tileset and the faction. Survival on mercury is more interesting then Void.

If rewards are the only thing you care for then stop talking about endless missions are gone.

b-b-b-but without the ability to acquire prime junk I don't want en masse from endless missions, how else will I acquire ducats for baro items that I also don't want and spam the forums with salt threads about?

On 16/09/2016 at 1:04 PM, Askell91 said:

Yep im here to ASK something from our dear creators. Since void surv/def/int (endless missions) got eleminated from warframe i sincerly have nothing to do and with the release of Doom, Witcher ect ect. I find no motivation to play your game anymore. My daily rutin is to log in for daily rewards and thats it (and im not alone). SO here is the question.

When do maxed players get something to do?

With almost no gear you can run any mission right now and the rest of the endless missions doesen't worth to waste my time on. In my last 3 years i hoarded millions of resources so i refuse to farm those more just to play the game. I don't belive that War Within will have what i "want". (it already got delayed and cut up to multyple parts so i don't realy think something other than the quest got space in that "patch"). 

I "have everything" but when do i get a chance to enjoy my gear what i worked on?

So..When?

Whenever.

Edited by Kinjeto

16 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

When none are left probably. When even the streamer leave the ship you know that something is really wrong.

Warframe isn't heavily streamed anyways but no streamer/youtuber can play just one game forever, viewers and the person get bored. There is a reason why they say "Variety is the spice of life".

But H3adshot still plays Warframe some, I know because he's in discord, I even play Ark with him, Frozenballz and Dimitri who are all old founders who do Warframe YouTube/stream.

1 hour ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

When none are left probably. When even the streamer leave the ship you know that something is really wrong.

Streamer count had ZERO bearing on how the games doing because nobody watches people play warframe and if you're just streaming warframe and you want views you're denser than lead 

Edited by Echoa

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I'm probably going to be ganged up on for saying this, but here goes nothing.

If you play solely for rewards, logic dictates that once the rewards run out, then your entertainment will also stop. The simple solution is to just take a break and wait for more rewards, or to start playing for reasons other than for rewards.

No, that's accurate, but everyone who complains about endless void being "gone" makes it sound like it was some cool kids only hardcore skillz endgame thing that they were so awesome for being able to do endless void with high CC setups while they corner camped to collect rewards. 

They act like they did it for the challenge, but the reality is it was never challenging, and it was only for the reward. If they just came out and said that, then I'd be fine, what I hate is this macho posturing like it was "the only real challenge" in Warframe.

9 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

Seriously? o.O i did not saw them. I will look for them again, wish me luck.

Now, seriously.

Endless missions are just there, but they are dead now, no rewards and nobody are playing them anymore.

If you ever played Wow or some kind of mmo you know peoples play for "progression". Without proper reward its not enjoyable.

5 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

If you ever played Wow or some kind of mmo you know peoples play for "progression". Without proper reward its not enjoyable.

But there is still progression, you still can farm Prime parts, as I mentioned, I actually started farming prime parts that I hadn't before and now have everything. 

No, you can't corner camp for 4 hours off of one key, sorry, you have to go farm relics in between farming void parts.

It wasn't hard before, it isn't hard now, the only difference is you don't have to rely on max CC setups (Though most people do Vauban+EV zone play for Excavation for 4 hours now to farm relics).

Endless is still there, unchanged.   Rewards changed, but, be honest, were they worth anything before either?   Not to me anyway, a pile of useless prime parts that can be gotten faster now than before it its what you are after.   Focusing on the unchanged part, its the hour+ of waiting for it to get interesting levels of enemies that's the issue for me.  

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

people say there's nothing to do... have they tried doing LoR NM to try and get all the Arcanes? I know it's basically venturing into Hell but it's something to do, right?

do it with Random groups and see how long you keep your sanity...

Hardly PuG friendly, so that is limited to a very small sector of the game base, whereas endless void missions that actually reward something were available to everyone previously.

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

people say there's nothing to do... have they tried doing LoR NM to try and get all the Arcanes? I know it's basically venturing into Hell but it's something to do, right?

do it with Random groups and see how long you keep your sanity...

Don't give me "nightmares" about random sessions of LOR or NMLOR :d

27 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Hardly PuG friendly, so that is limited to a very small sector of the game base, whereas endless void missions that actually reward something were available to everyone previously.

True, but there is some big fun to be had with 4 manning the Raids with clannies. Sometimes we go 6 if people are on.

13 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I believe he is referring to having a good reason for playing them, which is gone.  One of the main reasons to play them was to get a huge supply of primes from the void for going 3 hours or whatever.  There is little incentive to play over 20 minutes now, you aren't saving on void keys (why void endless were ran a long time) and there is little incentive to go beyond 20 minutes because 20 - 40 minutes provides the exact same rewards as 1 - 20 minutes.

There are still players who enjoy going for long periods purely to see if they can but there aren't as many who enjoy doing so purely for the sport of it.

I don't believe there are many who have gone on a WoW raid for 3 hours just for the sake of it.  Its for the chance at the epic loot, pure and simple.  Just an example.

This is greatly amplified by the fact that fissure missions are 99% RUSHRUSHRUSH with little regard to the actual objective.  There is also no reason to continue an "endless" fissure mission, something DE kinda rather promised they would be working on.

Will War within hold something that will change everything?  We'll see.  At the very least it will finally free up DE to work on some other goals the community has been craving.

... but you were not expanding any "effort" in going three hours. There was no challenge. You can't argue against that, because in how the game scales, ie, if you go three hours, then the previous two and half hours were a sleepfest, then twenty minutes of "oh noes, enemies are scaling up a bit now" followed by "had enough, lets quit the mission".

In other words, YOU decided when to leave, the enemy did not really make you leave because it had become challenging, you left because they become "too bullet spongy" to justify the "number of bullets vs time in rewards" formula.

You were not playing Warframe, you were playing Farmville. If you are just addicted to shiny stuff falling down when you peck a button, build a house size skinner box for yourself.

I'm glad that was taken away, because now, just maybe, we might get some proper missions happening, and we can stop playing Dungeon Defenders.

No modes got removed...The reward structure simply got changed.

If anything the challenge went up as the new void structure makes running fairly simple missions with relics more challenging and more rewarding at the same time.

The old reward structure encouraging endless mission runs wasn't ever going to be sustainable without harming the game long-term.

That said, Bored is bored though and folks that are bored should take a break and find something else to do for a while. 

For my part, I see Warframe as a "sometimes" game. I log in do stuff/alerts/etc and go about my business. My game home is FFXIV as I always have stuff to do even if it's just fishin'.

Go outside, find stuff to do— Get Warframe off your mind.

...Soon you'll see you're feeling great, the grinding left behind. (kudos to anyone who gets this)

14 hours ago, Askell91 said:

Yep im here to ASK something from our dear creators. Since void surv/def/int (endless missions) got eleminated from warframe i sincerly have nothing to do and with the release of Doom, Witcher ect ect. I find no motivation to play your game anymore. My daily rutin is to log in for daily rewards and thats it (and im not alone). SO here is the question.

When do maxed players get something to do?

With almost no gear you can run any mission right now and the rest of the endless missions doesen't worth to waste my time on. In my last 3 years i hoarded millions of resources so i refuse to farm those more just to play the game. I don't belive that War Within will have what i "want". (it already got delayed and cut up to multyple parts so i don't realy think something other than the quest got space in that "patch"). 

I "have everything" but when do i get a chance to enjoy my gear what i worked on?

So..When?

Well I'm almost at MR20. So not quite maxed but I've played a lot of PVE. I've also been playing warframe for 2 years now. What I do is I've switched over to PVP. It is painful to play at first but after awhile you will get the hang of it. And now I'm actually quite good at oonclave. Also through PVP I've actually found more people to play the game with and just hang out in a party chat (via xbox). So even though a lot of people don't like the pvp aspect of the game and that's a fair opinion. I would actually recommend it. You might be pleasantly surprised and you might also find out that your pretty good at it. And if you don't like straight up conclave you can try lunaro.

Also if everything else has bored you start a clan. As a warlord for a sizeable clan I can tell you just taking care of clan business and running events and helping with recruitment gives you a lot of stuff to do and one again also helps you meet new people.

Or you can do what I also did which is for awhile I basically stopped playing warframe and started playing Halo 5 and Overwatch heavily and then came back to Warframe to give me a breather.

Hope you find something to do whatever that may be.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Askell91 said:

We don't have "proper loot tables". MMO's have THOUSANDS of items and mats and coins and stuff that unless you look up in a database you will never figure out how to use.

We have some guns and some robots. Most of those you can build after a week, with only "Primes" being called "loot".

You will NEVER get "proper" MMO rewards, because this is not an MMO. People that ONLY play this game for loot should go and play a proper loot game.

14 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I believe he is referring to having a good reason for playing them, which is gone.  One of the main reasons to play them was to get a huge supply of primes from the void for going 3 hours or whatever.  There is little incentive to play over 20 minutes now, you aren't saving on void keys (why void endless were ran a long time) and there is little incentive to go beyond 20 minutes because 20 - 40 minutes provides the exact same rewards as 1 - 20 minutes.

This is all such BS (I'm not trying to be antagonistic to you Xekrin).  There was never any incentive to go beyond 20 minutes in a survival aside from wanting to. 

Saving keys?  Hog wash.  I always ran 20 or 40 minute survivals as that's what my groups prefer and I literally had 100's of keys in my inventory. 

Same rewards at every rotation C?  Same now and same then.

It just amazes me that people need to be fed a "reason" to play some mission and just aren't happy doing it because they simply want to.

14 hours ago, Gelkor said:

Am I the only veteran who did not enjoy endless void or consider it endgame? "Sit on my butt for 80 minutes until things start to get interesting." Has never been appealing to me. Ever.

+1 from me on this.

3 hours ago, DSpite said:

but you were not expanding any "effort" in going three hours. There was no challenge. You can't argue against that,

Eh I can argue against anything, its basic human nature to do so.  I can expend a great deal of effort whenever I did survivals because I never went Meta as most did.  Regardless though, this was answered on today's devstream so your rant doesn't mean a thing now.

I sincerely hope you didn't cut yourself too much on all your angst.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Well I'm almost at MR20. So not quite maxed but I've played a lot of PVE. I've also been playing warframe for 2 years now. What I do is I've switched over to PVP. It is painful to play at first but after awhile you will get the hang of it. And now I'm actually quite good at oonclave. Also through PVP I've actually found more people to play the game with and just hang out in a party chat (via xbox). So even though a lot of people don't like the pvp aspect of the game and that's a fair opinion. I would actually recommend it. You might be pleasantly surprised and you might also find out that your pretty good at it. And if you don't like straight up conclave you can try lunaro.

Also if everything else has bored you start a clan. As a warlord for a sizeable clan I can tell you just taking care of clan business and running events and helping with recruitment gives you a lot of stuff to do and one again also helps you meet new people.

Or you can do what I also did which is for awhile I basically stopped playing warframe and started playing Halo 5 and Overwatch heavily and then came back to Warframe to give me a breather.

Hope you find something to do whatever that may be.

Cheers.

Have all pvp skins xD maybe except the lato. Ty for the tip.

19 hours ago, pauli133 said:

Void survival, defense, and interceptions were not eliminated from the game in any way, shape, or form. They're right there. If you want to play them, go play them.

Whoaa really ?!?!! Oh my god, problem solved then ! You should contact anyone who doesnt see point in grinding them after void changes and tell them that.