Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which frame do I use for War Within?

Cyanidekiller24

Question

So I am stuck on which frame to use. I have tried all of mine and I have narrowed it down to, Ember, Excaliber, Ash, and Frost. Which one should I use. I have a pretty good World of Fire build, a very good radial blind build, a really good blade storm or lethal teleport build, and just all around crowd control frost (either ice wave impedance or chilling globe). Which frame should I use and which build should I use. Also Veykor Hek, Sancti Tigris, or Soma Prime? and Orthos prime, nikana prime, or galatine prime? Also sonicor or staticor? Help me there are decisions! 

First things first: ALL HAIL THE CORGI COMMANDER!

With that out of the way, here's my advice:

Don't fall into the trap of only ever using one frame!

Get in the habit of picking the best frame for the job, instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. For example, Frost is great for Defense missions, but you wouldn't want him for a Spy. Ember is great for low-level trash clearing, but doesn't do so well against tougher targets.

Picking the right frame for the mission and enemy type is essential to success the higher up you go.

uh. whatever you like the most.

surely there's a Warframe that you use a crapload of the time because you just really love everything about that Warframe.
use that one. since that would be your favorite Warframe, and that would be the ideal choice to use for War Within.

repeat the same process for Weapons and Companion.

35 minutes ago, Demogarose said:

Don't fall into the trap of only ever using one frame!

Get in the habit of picking the best frame for the job, instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. For example, Frost is great for Defense missions, but you wouldn't want him for a Spy. Ember is great for low-level trash clearing, but doesn't do so well against tougher targets.

Picking the right frame for the mission and enemy type is essential to success the higher up you go.

I actually disagree with this. In this case, nobody knows what to plan for, so a logical choice would be to pick something hes most comfortable with.

Playing a single frame for a few months in all missions is actually a good thing. Planning for a mission is one thing, but things change in missions very quickly. Having the experience to handle anything with any frame is what is essential to higher level play, not so much what frame you picked.

What he shouldnt do is focus on single abilities. The majority of abilities on frames are really really good, and nobody uses them. This is what causes players or teams to fail when something unexpected happens and they mash 4 because they dont know what to do.

Ember for example is actually really good at high level like trials or even sorties. Her augment on WOF is great for slowing the enemies incoming attacks. Fireball is free damage. Accelerant has a radial stun effect and scales really well with with a properly built weapon. Fire blast stacks, has guaranteed proc causing panic, pushes enemies away, and great for choke points.

See, ember is one of the old school frames where there is no magic damage reduction button. Players are so used to iron skin, bubbles, hysteria, and rift walking,  they never learned how to dodge. So great frames like ember get pushed into the garbage bin because players dont know what to do. But thats a topic for another day.

Edited by Faulcun

The general concensus for the moment is

Use what you want, doll it up if you want, because no sort of increase in challenge has exactly been revealed (probably to avoid somebody preemptively nullifying said challenge increase with a strategy change, for example stalker may be able to dispel warframe abilities but that doesn't stop the full heal from a trin ult so on the extremely rare case I go into mission actually trying to trigger stalker encounters I bring my trin since it effectively means stalker would have to one shot me to even have a chance of winning.)

Whatever one you want.

Although, like Zhoy, I like Banshee a very great deal, Trinity Prime will most likely be getting the nod for TWW. TrinP is one of the better 'frames to confront unknown situations and I just like the way she looks. Skirts >> lyre helmets.

Use your favorites. Ultimately, only you can tell you what to use since the idea is to have a setup you enjoy using that represents you. It's not going to be gut-bustingly difficult because they want you to see it to the end. In my case, it's going to be a slight modification of what I took to the Second Dream: Rhino Prime (Palatine), Boar Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Zenistar. All my favorites, regardless of which are best in slot. The only concession I'm making is using Helios instead of my magical space cat Ash, because I want to get the heads up on new codex entries. I'm a sucker for filling that thing out.