The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime

jxtichi012

I was under the impression they had their own localization team and that it was their responsibility to tweak the game for the chinese market? There was a video back when showing some of the team if i recall so why are they blaming DE for their screw up? I dont much care about the founders item getting released as much as having a company not able to own up to their mistake and using it to justify breaking what appears to have been an agreement to not release the founders stuff. If youre gonna release it in star armor PW thats w.e, not like itll ever make its way here, but dont justify it with a BS reason.

Can't say I'm surprised though,  PW had been and will continue to be a garbage company and one of the few to give P2W arena champ Nexon a run for its money. 

Edited by Echoa

I honestly don't care if they sell lato prime in chinese version, and it honestly seems like a rather silly to be upset about.

We got their founder stuff as normal prime stuff, Yet I don't recall anyone saying no here. nor do I recall DE stepping in and changing it, it just seems hypocritical of us.

While I understand the frustration, If you look at it from the China frame founder's perspective, it certainly is much worse there.

Just give them the lato prime so the issue is resolved without having the situation escalate where china frame has to make another exclusive and make sure it doesn't come on the global build if they can do that.

On the topic of Chinaframe breaking a promise with DE, that is definitely a scummy thing to do.

On 28/10/2016 at 4:29 PM, Zachles said:

Is this for real? Can you show me the link? PW is the most *ss backwards, money grabbing company on the planet, so I'm not even surprised if this is actually true.

Also, regardless of whether or not it has any effect on us in our version of the game, they shouldn't be selling exclusive limited time items anywhere or to anyone. And this isn't just from me being a Grandmaster about the Lato Prime. Those people must be p*ssed off.

I'm also not surprised to be honest. Coming from someone who's played a couple of their other games, they literally are one of the worst MMO companies out there. Hence the outcry over a year ago when DE brought up that they were looking to deal with them. (And people were worried they'd be bought out/converted to them etc. Myself included.)

Then again, the majority of Asian MMO companies have very questionable (and outright greedy) practices.

Here's to hoping we see Primed Streamline in Baro Ki'Teers ducat store soon.

Edited by Numerikuu

10 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

I'm also not surprised to be honest. Coming from someone who's played a couple of their other games, they literally are one of the worst MMO companies out there. Hence the outcry over a year ago when DE brought up that they were looking to deal with them. (And people were worried they'd be bought out/converted to them etc. Myself included.)

Then again, the majority of Asian MMO companies have very questionable (and outright greedy) practices.

Here's to hoping we see Primed Streamline in Baro Ki'Teers ducat store soon.

baros 50th is coming up next week. im betting we will see something really good like P streamline or better.

5 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Guys, the reward is changed to Reaper Prime, so the Founder issue is resolved.

But AFAIK Reaper Prime came with Frost Prime, which is another exclusives(cash only) for Chinaframe. Looks like they adding more trouble.

Ehh, Reaper Prime wasnt slated to be exclusive in the chineese build right?

6 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Guys, the reward is changed to Reaper Prime, so the Founder issue is resolved.

But AFAIK Reaper Prime came with Frost Prime, which is another exclusives(cash only) for Chinaframe. Looks like they adding more trouble.

If Frost Prime was being sold as a Prime Access, then no, it's not adding more trouble. Prime Access items do not have the same level of exclusivity as the founder's items.

This thread should get locked, since the issue has been resolved. No point to letting it stay open.

Edited by EmptyDevil

On ‎28‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 10:01 PM, FierceRadiance said:

Okay.  Snark-free portion:

You're confusing what YOU WANT with "justice" and "fairness". They aren't the same thing, legally or ethically or any other way.  You're simply looking for a justification to get something you want and can't have.  You not getting your way is NOT "unfair".

It's not unjust that you aren't going to get what Founders had access to.  Founders supported the game four years ago, when it wasn't a smashing success, when almost nobody was aware the game even existed, weren't helping DE build and test and tear down and rebuild the basic structure of the game, and weren't putting any money into the game.  You didn't do any of that. No snark intended, it's just a fact that you would prefer to not look at.  But those facts didn't entitle them to the gear, they just had the opportunity to purchase a stake in a new IP, and decided to make a bet on Digital Extremes.  There are Founder items that I didn't pony up to buy, don't and can't have just like you, and I'm not complaining.

Snarky portion:

You're being selfish and greedy. You want what the other kid on the playground has, for no better reason than he has it and you don't.  You're whining, and you make yourself look small when you do it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you should be "entitled" to purchase Founder gear.  It was available during a particular window in time, and that window has now closed. It won't be re-opened.  Founders were just in the right place during the right time, and took advantage of an opportunity that you didn't. Stop trying to make this about "justice" and "fairness".

You're not the first one to confuse "I want" and "I should have", and I daresay you won't be the last.  Do a search of the forums and you'll find lots of similar posts about this topic, and they all ended the same.  The answer is no.  Move on.

Just for clarification:

I dont care about Umbra Prime and i dont want that they give us Lato Prime. (i said basically : so grab THEIR founder gear if they grab our)
The chinese seem to get Lato Prime .. they are selling global founder items..
So dont tell me, that it would not be fair if we get Umbra Prime then..

They have our stuff .. we would have their stuff.

Taking away exclusivity without offering something in exchange is the real greed and selfishness.

If you dont care, then you dont care.. doesnt mean that other people feel the same..

Lato Prime was their first bad move.. i expect more ..

so be prepared for excal prime and skana prime.. i just try to be honest: the chinese just dont care (very often)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

5 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Just for clarification:

I dont care about Umbra Prime and i dont want that they give us Lato Prime. (i said basically : so grab THEIR founder gear if they grab our)
The chinese seem to get Lato Prime .. they are selling global founder items..
So dont tell me, that it would not be fair if we get Umbra Prime then..

They have our stuff .. we would have their stuff.

Taking away exclusivity without offering something in exchange is the real greed and selfishness.

If you dont care, then you dont care.. doesnt mean that other people feel the same..

Lato Prime was their first bad move.. i expect more ..

so be prepared for excal prime and skana prime.. i just try to be honest: the chinese just dont care (very often)

Uhh, they changed lato prime to reaper prime. Thread can die now.

details from stararmor player blacklotusss translated by WF_BCAW

"Why is the Chinese version of the game so bad. After last night's update, we received Spectres of the Rails, along with Starchart 2.0. DE gave the files for the update to Changyou, which Changyou then used to update directly. However, the Nikana Prime and the Spira Prime, which were initially only available through founder's package, is now farmable. This is the equivalent of the Lato P and the Skana P being farmable in the N.A. version of Warframe. And Changyou is saying that DE is facing some kind of internal crisis and don't have the time to respond to the situation, while claiming that they (Chanyou) cannot change the situation."

"And that's not all. Up until the void rework (presumably they just got?), we didn't have interception or sabotage as game modes. And void keys acquired through excavation would disappear. Various prime parts would randomly disappear as well. In addition, we did not have the Tethra's Doom event, but our relays are still destroyed."

"The Chinese version is FUBAR. The Nikana P becoming farmable have raised a S#&$storm, the forums are in chaos. So I came here in hope of getting the attention of DE and see if they can do anything about it."

well here we go I have showed up and spent the time reading all the pages of post. Simply put I am one very ticked off GM-Founder with this Chinese crap that has been pulled over our heads.

I have read the statement from Rebecca a number of times now:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

I am still a bit concerned with how it is stated as "requests" though it is also stated as "explicit forbidden releases" we know how the Chinese government really gives two .... about what the rest of the world abides by in laws & regulations. I mean they copyright infringe on basically everything ever that exists so why would it have been any different for a game. 

On the flipside of this; that exclusive content should NEVER EVER have been given to them in the game code for access to potentially infringe as they are so famous for doing. 

As a GM-Founder I want to see full disclosure released regarding this breach as it is also a breach of contract with all of us in the global build. We have ever right to know the full issue as well as the full legal response to the issue at hand. The responsibility falls on both sides of this mess.

10 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

well here we go I have showed up and spent the time reading all the pages of post. Simply put I am one very ticked off GM-Founder with this Chinese crap that has been pulled over our heads.

I have read the statement from Rebecca a number of times now:

I am still a bit concerned with how it is stated as "requests" though it is also stated as "explicit forbidden releases" we know how the Chinese government really gives two .... about what the rest of the world abides by in laws & regulations. I mean they copyright infringe on basically everything ever that exists so why would it have been any different for a game. 

On the flipside of this; that exclusive content should NEVER EVER have been given to them in the game code for access to potentially infringe as they are so famous for doing. 

As a GM-Founder I want to see full disclosure released regarding this breach as it is also a breach of contract with all of us in the global build. We have ever right to know the full issue as well as the full legal response to the issue at hand. The responsibility falls on both sides of this mess.

You actually don't.

With it being changed to the Reaper Prime in the offer, I'm curious what will happen with people who purchased the pack already, are their Lato Primes being retroactively removed, or is this meaning that there are still some Lato Primes floating around? Wondering about that.

1 minute ago, Domesticon said:

With it being changed to the Reaper Prime in the offer, I'm curious what will happen with people who purchased the pack already, are their Lato Primes being retroactively removed, or is this meaning that there are still some Lato Primes floating around? Wondering about that.

Im hoping they are removed.

On 10/29/2016 at 3:56 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Mainly the Nikana Prime and Spira Prime is farmable in their build currently.

lols. Those were supposed to be 'founder' exclusive items for the Chinese players. That's kinda like if DE accidentally (literally accidentally) made excal prime, lato prime and skana prime farmable and then fixed it as quickly as possible.

You're going to end up with a pissed off founder group and random peeps running around with what's supposed to be 'founder' exclusive items.