Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream 82: Endless Relic missions feedback

Katze127

1 minute ago, tbeest said:

Do you remember when they mentioned Eximus units would drop relics?

Apparently dark sectors and "endless" are meant to drop them in droves too but I'm guessing that just happens for the people who aren't slapped with bad rng constantly for over a thousand hours. lol It's just unrewarding and boring. I used to grind for pieces to -give- away to "noobs" once I had ducats for whatever I needed myself. I can't do that anymore unless I join a bumrush pub squad that goes start --> end.. over and over, no braining repetitive gameplay for bronze rewards. 7 runs.. for 100 duckies. The new life of a solo player nowadays. Relic every 5 waves? Yeh, I know where they can stick that.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

It was a factor in the change, sure.  But there's little doubt DE grew tired of the prime part gravy train.

The old key system was bad business for keeping players in the hamster wheel.

(Capture, Extermination, etc) One key, four rewards?  Not good.

(Survive, Defense, etc) One key, potentially endless rewards?  Even worse.

No, my friend.  The reward structure was the main reason the void system changed.

Well if thats the case, then so be it.

Moving forward, what's the point of endless missions? Where's the incentive?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

That's pretty much the main reason it was changed to the relic system in the first place.

Players were earning prime parts without sacrificing anything other than their time.

And a key, and having to minmax their builds so they could survive the multiplicative difficulty raising, and.........

One relic per reward is the new way of doing things.  And if you watch videos of people who do 5 and 6 hours of sewer camping, or that exploit the game to solo interception for a hundred waves to walk out of a mission with completely silly amounts of prime parts for the cost of a single key, it's obvious why DE changed this. It's no more difficult than it used to be to get the specific prime things you need (probably easier) even if you include the increased need to get keys, and frankly it's more interesting because you aren't playing the same maps with the same faction every single time.  What got harder is collecting huge mountains of junk to sell for ducats, and as ever.... if people start having actual complaints about the cost of items in ducats, and not just "I'm not as stinking rich as I used to be!",  then DE will change the cost of items to make it more fair.

Just now, (PS4)puritan643 said:

I dont see why the current void cant have a combination of prime drops, relics, and forma for mission rewards.

Maybe even make traces a rare resource that can drop. 

This would be reasonable and give the void back its purpose (though I preferred when it wasnt pub - that was an unexpected and unwanted shock the first time)

Only thing I honestly don't care about and don't want to see as drops are traces, because far as I can see through their use they do bugger all. I'd rather have my dodgy keys than some fake indication of my "increased chances" that never happen. lol

2 minutes ago, Momaw said:

And if you watch videos of people who do 5 and 6 hours of sewer camping, or that exploit the game to solo interception for a hundred waves to walk out of a mission with completely silly amounts of prime parts for the cost of a single key, it's obvious why DE changed this.

This.

You don't need to get 50 parts from one Relic. There are numerous ways to acquire them and the only thing we need is the ability to transform relics we don't want or need into relics we do want or need and everything'll be peachy. I don't know why people are expecting 1 relic to give multiple rewards, but the problem isn't DE's solutions. It's your expectations.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Oh god forbid you have to move around and kill enemies.

I want actually that, kill dudes, not picking up things around, i want to be worried about the increasing enemy level and not about picking 10 thingies for so many times

The trick of endless void was to multiply the rewards in exchange of increasing risk to lose it all, this new system is not that and will not have the same effect at all, if you want to revitalize what endless void was you must multiply the rewards per relic even if at a lower ratio than the previous system

On the devstream they showcased how we will be able to do endless missions and instead of leaving we can put in another relic and go for longer.

So unlike how it was previously where you got more rewards per key the longer you stayed. Now the only thing we get for staying longer is the luxury of not having to extract and start again.

... What?

Whats the point to it? We still get the same amount of rewards per relic regardless of how much time we stay in the mission. Or if this is about the challenge then the 4t void survival missions still exist. Is it all just so we don't have to extract and start a new mission?

Edited by DesuTronic