The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

So I was on Facebook when I came across a hilarious video which immediately made me think of this.

What about a few Dancing Emotes along side the Bard frame? I think it would be funny to dance battle a Frost or Excalibur. Or simply just dancing to her destructive music. If we are gonna have some fun with the Bard frame. Then let's have some fun with her.

The video I'm referring is this. I'm not sure if the video will pop up but let's see.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=622790534579429&id=100005454641176

As we all know, there's quite a bit of hype speculation surrounding the new music themed warframe code-named Bard.

Who wants to take a stab at some potential abilities for it?

All I know is, if there is not a guitar solo involved, I will be sorely disappoint.

We know they will be deployable, and the sequencer affects skills 1-4. There is discussion on them affecting stats, but IMO that will cause spam of 1 keynote and just what this game needs after simulor mirage is more (insert something 2017 guideline safe).

summons a boombox that she carries over one shoulder knocking enemies to the ground as the beats come out

summons a break dancing clone of herself that follows close by mesmerizing any enemy in LoS to begin dancing

summons a merch booth that when interacted with your team mates will automatically get autographed t-shirts on their frame and will gain a significant buff.

do a sick knee slide and all enemies that witness it instantly become fans and fight for you until none of your other abilities are active. They also get t-shirts

As a lot of you might know, DE is releasing a bard themed warframe soon(TM) featuring a "sequencer" that can play your own music.

The concept is fine. What I don't like is having different "packs" of instrument such as this. 

That doesn't fit Warframe. Not one bit. I'd rather have some instruments such as the classic warframe drums, the voices in Lua room challenges etc etc. You know? Something that fits the game? ..... And what other packs will be available? DJ packs? A Skrillex pack?!

I'm sorry, I really don't like where this is going and how "unserious" this game has become. 

And we better have an option to mute BardFrame music. 

That doesn't fit the warframe music style because of the creativity of the player of course, there will be a lot of instrument including the ones that you are mentioning since they already showed some in the devstream like the drums and the chore voices.

By the other hand if you think it a bit, what kind of music you think that normal people hear in the warframe universe? I don't think that everyone hear taiko drums and stuff like that.

Edited by chofranc

2 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

I just spun through the air and ended with a flip before shooting a rocket launcher and annihilating a crowd of enemies. At what point was this 'serious'?

You're a ninja that annihilates the enemy. This is exactly what warframe is. I don't understand your point.

You're complaining about the game being "unserious," but you're playing as a near invincible robot/cyborg/ninja with powers that would put most comic book superheros to shame.

If you ask me, the latest demo (the tweet you linked) is a bit out of the scope of what Warframe has had "traditionally," but not by that much. The one shown on the Devstream a week or so ago was very "traditionally" Warframe in my opinion. People were annoyed for the same reason when Hydroid came out ("I don't want pirates in my ninja games") and later Limbo ("I don't want a party magician") and the game hasn't suffered that much with their addition. 

1 hour ago, Imaru said:

You're complaining about the game being "unserious," but you're playing as a near invincible robot/cyborg/ninja with powers that would put most comic book superheros to shame.

If you ask me, the latest demo (the tweet you linked) is a bit out of the scope of what Warframe has had "traditionally," but not by that much. The one shown on the Devstream a week or so ago was very "traditionally" Warframe in my opinion. People were annoyed for the same reason when Hydroid came out ("I don't want pirates in my ninja games") and later Limbo ("I don't want a party magician") and the game hasn't suffered that much with their addition. 

Yes, and you have the fact that you can customize your warframe and stuff in a unserious way xD, those bunny ears and the mustaches wasn't so serious either xD. People always complain for nothing.

Edited by chofranc

2 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Ok. Forget the unserious part. Still this doesnt fit warframe. 

And now they've come to the point where they add DJ music in the game. At what point is this enough?

I'm sure that one sample represents the totality of what will be on offer. There's no possible way the taiko drumming or the orokin chanting and so on could be there based upon this clip, right?

Let's see some more of the options available to us first before having a fit about 'seriousness' in a game where Clem, the Prodman autograph poster, Bunny ears at Easter and fake Moustaches for Movember are a thing.

Edited by Zendadaist