Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mediocre weapons that work wonders with enough dedication

Cyborg-Rox

RyaqeMq.png

Yes, the Karak Wraith. Yes, all Primed Bane mods. Yes, 7 Polarities. Why? Because it's the absolute best looking rifle in the entire game (in my opinion), along with having excellent utility. I just absolutely adore this rifle! When I heard about its introduction in the event, and the fact that it had double magazine size over the normal Karak, I literally screamed at the top of my lungs!

When I got it, I was a bit bothered that it wasn't all that great though, and that it couldn't be coloured, but as time went on, with new tools and enough dedication (A LOT of it) I managed to change all of that! Now this baby is using the Karak Conclave skin, and mashes out a crazy 23569 burst DPS, something that's right up there with the Boltor Prime and Soma. Maybe even exceeding them with that nice status chance? 

Have any of you gone this crazy with dedication to turn a weapon you love into the absolute best it can be? (And by weapons you love, I'm not talking about OP stats. I'm talking about appearance, general 'feel', and fun factor. If you can't relate to this, you might be too deep into the meta)

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

simulcrum tests are a good way to test effectiveness of that build~, i still prefer my proc heavy builds over builds like this

running the 4 dual stat mods are still better than that for a weapon like the karak wraith if memory serves right but that is because they can peel away armor on higher level targets with the trade off of no ammo economy but since you didn't prioritize status or fire rate really your corrosive will proc MUCH LESS OFTEN LOWERING your total damage out put in some instances.

the primed cryo rounds seems more or less here for our pure elemental weapons/viral damage builds but your build is silly but i would never be caught using that in the void at all

8 minutes ago, Govictory said:

simulcrum tests are a good way to test effectiveness of that build~, i still prefer my proc heavy builds over builds like this

running the 4 dual stat mods are still better than that for a weapon like the karak wraith if memory serves right but that is because they can peel away armor on higher level targets with the trade off of no ammo economy but since you didn't prioritize status or fire rate really your corrosive will proc MUCH LESS OFTEN LOWERING your total damage out put in some instances.

the primed cryo rounds seems more or less here for our pure elemental weapons/viral damage builds but your build is silly but i would never be caught using that in the void at all

Well I'm not really going endgame with it. Level 50 tops, probably, which is far more than I could have gone with it before I got my hands on all those Primed mods. Also, I don't really ever go to the Void anymore.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

1 minute ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

braton prime, 6-8 forma in it is probably the best auto rifle in the game, yet i never see anyone use it.

soma prime with a crit build is the best automatic rifle in the game, yet no one uses it because tonkor and tonkor and tigris prime exist

Braton P, Boltor P, Soma P, Hey Vaykor, Hek, Sobek, Ignis, Marelock Vaykor, Atomos, Dread, Muta Cernos, Tigris P, Tigris Sancti, AkBolto Telos....Cheezus Crust T__T

None of these weapons have less than 6 formas at home, half of them have 7. And i love them all.

But i must admit your Karak Wraith build made me wet :P. I only tried the vanilla in early game, it was quite fun, and i never put my hands on the Wraith. One day...

Edited by Stonehenge

15 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Latron Prime. Because even though it's a status-based weapon that can only really rack up maybe 2 statuses a second, and even though it's a slow-firing marksman rifle in a fast-paced horde-shooter, it sounds bloody amazing to fire.

This. The SOUND.

The Hek family and the Braton are haunting my dreams. So damn sexy.

Edited by Stonehenge