Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not have a 1st person mode ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Like others have pointed out, the speed and action of how the game is would be purely nauseating to look at, let alone be visually useful (that is, you won't have any idea what is going on). The best example I can give for this is first-person GTA V. It sounds nice and really cool at first, but the practicality falls horribly as soon as crashing, rolling, falling, driving or any rapid movement in general comes in question.

The second issue is that the proportions in this game often rely on illusion; you consciously or unconsciously belittle many, many things that would be massively out of proportion in first-person as the camera is like 10 feet in the air. It's not about about being lazy or wrong, though--it's mainly about how the camera 'physically' interacts with the 3D world your artists draw. IIRC, DE has used this as the primary reason as to why they won't ever support first-person mode.

Though, it will feel extremely flappy-zephyr cool if they had that as a one-time thing as an event during holloween events, and had some sort of mimicry of Alien Isolation on Corpus Ship, forcing solo, only a lato and whatnot, but I digress.

Edited by Frawg

I can't find it and I'm tired of looking, so I'll just paraphrase.

What works for one game doesn't necessarily have any business being implemented in another. Putting Devil May Cry's dodge mechanics in Call of Duty, or putting Call of Duty's ammunition mechanic into Devil May Cry, for example. The devs are well within their right to pick and choose what goes into their game, and that includes putting their foot down on concepts which they feel just can't be made to work, which in the case of an FP camera, the devs have in fact done. To continue clamoring and complaining at this point is not only pointless, but juvenile.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Like .... why not ? 

If you don't like it don't use it . It would revive the game for me 

That is such weak validation. You could apply the same argument to literally anything. Why not add a dating sim to Warframe? If you don't like it, don't use it. Why not add an evil pony faction? If you don't like it, don't fight them.

To answer your question, there's a lot more design that goes into making a good fps game than just a camera angle. This game was built from the ground up with 3rd person in mind, and any attempt to add in a 1st person view after that will come across as a cheap, lazy addition.

I don't want useless, half-hearted features adding more muddiness to the game. Warframe would benefit from defining its own identity and cultivating it, rather than trying to lazily imitate a host of different identities to appeal on the basest, most unfulfilling level.

Edited by AM-Bunny

5 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Why not add a dating sim to Warframe?

Well, Tenno may not be 18 yet so there's a good reason for that one.

Don't want the rest of the world thinking we're a bunch of weirdos... haha... damn.

@OP as fun as it may be, it doesn't have a place I feel in Warframe. I quite enjoy it when the camera glitches and puts me in 1st person, but that's because it's different, not necessarily because it's good.

First Person mode would require far too much, people would demand proper ADS which simply wouldn't work for many weapons. Limited targeting with abilities (since over the shoulder view allows you to target enemies you can't actually see). Lack of situational awareness due to the lower Fov and the fact that obstacles are bigger from said viewpoint and so on.

I think i would get a bit nauseous after awhile and out of place and like someone said earlier it would kill of any reason to customize your warframe and i can go on a full list of why warframe should not be in first person but that would take too much time you would be surprised how many bugs this would potentially result. Being realistic no matter how hard DE tries working on a first person camera on a game like warframe there are health issues that are needed to be considered like motion sickness 

and DE already said they are not doing it and here's a message to people that might make threads like this in the future or ever have a thought of warframe in first person take what i say and many other peoples opinions in this thread into consideration i'm getting really tired of seeing these types of threads i bet many people are as well 

there's no point discussing about this any further...... 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

PhazonVomit.gif

It wasn't designed around it. Yeah movement of perspective wouldn't need to be 1:1 but parkour would be far more awkward and just plopping it in isn't good enough. DE would need to edit weapons that block vision, not held conveniently for the perspective. Which is a lot of them.

They would have a obligation of cleaning all that up to support the view if they made it a option. "Just don't use it if you don't like it" and not editing everything isn't going to cut it if its made available officially. They cant even get current FPV right with all possible cosmetics. In scanning mode I have shoulder glows mucking up the screen all the time.

Edited by Firetempest

Instead of implementing 1st person view, I'd prefer if DE allowed making your warframe transparent/ invisible in a similar manner to Mirage's Hall of Mirrors. It's annoying having your warframe visually obstruct your crosshair during bullet jump maneuvers, especially in the Conclave.

2 minutes ago, Olav152 said:

I want fpp in archwing. Because in tpp manuvers aren't precise(example: aiming onto open space, ending trying to move entire ship.)

FPV in archwing actually makes sense, at least in aim mode. 3ed person actually makes the space mode feel more encumbered, with current animations anyway. Melee warping would likely make it intolerable though.

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The devs don't want first person. The game is not designed to be played in first person. It would be a waste of time.

That's why.

Damn, you pop in here and just ruthlessly crush the poor guys dreams into dust. :(

But yeah, the reason = it's a 3rd person shooter, thus it's in 3rd person. Mixing the two would be a big mess of work and most likely end up terrible anyways. Haven't seen many games that swap between'em that aren't purely offline.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Guess no one here liked Mirrors Edge....

If I recall Mirror's Edge wasn't even full parkour mechanics it was a half assed jumping platformer with you dodging random crap with poorly set up quick time moves.

I feel like making this game first person would require so much tweaking, I can only imagine the bugs that would arise from it due to the amount of camera motion. But I will say it isn't some impossible task, it would most likely require quick change to 3rd person camera during fliping/ other complicated stunts that simply wouldn't be good in 1st person. And since its one of those things that not everyone really cares about would mean you might need to pay $ to even have that as a potential update.

19 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Instead of implementing 1st person view, I'd prefer if DE allowed making your warframe transparent/ invisible in a similar manner to Mirage's Hall of Mirrors. It's annoying having your warframe visually obstruct your crosshair during bullet jump maneuvers, especially in the Conclave.

Now that is a smart suggestion that I would agree to!