The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think this Panthera Riven has some novelty value, what do you guys think?

Patzer

Had to screenshot this mod and read through the following from DE. 

couldn't stop laughing ?

《Firstly, we should all understand our goal and why this goal existed in the first place:

We want to give players something unique to them that can speak to their wider Arsenal. We want to give new life to the Arsenal in a non-static way.

Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style. We’re all familiar with blazing through missions to the Extraction Point, but this system gives players new challenges that require them to test the creative limits of their Arsenal in their quest to Unveil their new Mods. 》

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Had to screenshot this mod and read through the following from DE. 

couldn't stop laughing ?

《Firstly, we should all understand our goal and why this goal existed in the first place:

We want to give players something unique to them that can speak to their wider Arsenal. We want to give new life to the Arsenal in a non-static way.

Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style. We’re all familiar with blazing through missions to the Extraction Point, but this system gives players new challenges that require them to test the creative limits of their Arsenal in their quest to Unveil their new Mods. 》

THAT is the biggest joke of them all. DE, if you're going to respond this way to something that is irredeemable please just don't respond at all. It would be best that way.

35 minutes ago, ligonare said:

Not bad. A mod that kills the effects of serration.

That's balance.

I hope what you said is sarcasm but if not my response is below.

Not even close to balance.  The Panthera, even with serration, is a terrible weapon.  DE states that the Riven system is meant to encourage the use of older or non-meta weapons.  This mod does the exact opposite of that.

2 hours ago, djternan said:

I hope what you said is sarcasm but if not my response is below.

Not even close to balance.  The Panthera, even with serration, is a terrible weapon.  DE states that the Riven system is meant to encourage the use of older or non-meta weapons.  This mod does the exact opposite of that.

To be honest, I think the Panthera is a terrible weapon because for reasons other than its stats.

But yes, you are right about everything else!

24 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

how the heck does this game even survive with this kind of design LOOOOOOL

Usually DE delivers in the long run and "veterans" tend remember that. Sometimes the run is long though. Very, very long.