Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lasting Sting: Do you use it ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I use the primary weapon version on my sentinel with blast damage for that extra CC, but I've never particularly tested it on my slash bleed status melees, do your damage ticks stay the same while the duration is doubled, or are they halved so that the total damage you would be dealing stays the same? If it's the latter then I probably wouldn't bother, myself.

NVM, just read the wiki and it doesn't even affect blast anyways...

Edited by rapt0rman

I've never used it myself, but I can see how a melee weapon could be built for status procs.  You could, for example, build a Lecta for corrosive and blast. Imagine sweeping through a room knocking everything down and reducing their armor.

... I'll be right back. I need to go forma something.

10 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

I've never used it myself, but I can see how a melee weapon could be built for status procs.  You could, for example, build a Lecta for corrosive and blast. Imagine sweeping through a room knocking everything down and reducing their armor.

... I'll be right back. I need to go forma something.

Corrosive is permanent, and blast is unaffected : /

Neither have a duration to be extended.

Edited by rapt0rman

Just now, Syvarin said:

Way to ruin my dreams. I'm surprised that information wasn't listed in the "Status Duration" section of the Wiki article on Status Effects.

puncture, slash, cold, heat, toxin, the toxin DoT from gas, magnetic, radiation, and viral are all affected.

There's also no real explanation to how it actually affects DoTs, for instance slash deals 245% base damage over 6 seconds, if you double the duration are you now dealing 245% over 12 seconds, effectively halving the damage you deal per tick? If so...i'll pass.

Well ok, just tested continuous misery on my dread in the sim, with and without, the slash damage ticks stay the same while the duration is doubled, so it does actually double your total damage dealt, Which is cool I guess. certainly wouldn't complain if I got it as an extra stat on a riven... But I don't really ever fight lvl 140 enemies that will survive slash ticks for more than 6 seconds anyways, on dread or on my slash melees, So I would probably never have it as a dedicated mod slot by itself.

But on a melee riven (someday)... hell yeah.

Edited by rapt0rman

There is simply no point at all in using it. Most enemies you face will die much sooner than the time it takes for the base status duration to expire.

In the rare case you are facing enemies that don't die that soon (sorties), it's not slash or toxin ticks that will significantly reduce their health enough for you kill them before they kill you anyway. You either keep bashing/cutting them (and you better do it fast) or you die. The extended status duration will do nothing for you.

Yes, it's a permanent mod on my Zenistar.  This mod was made for the Zenistar's disc. Occasional use on other weapons that have a specific purpose and lower damage.   Be it extended Blast Proc keeping a powerful enemy down, longer slash procs to let damage continue.  If others don't use it, it probably doesn't fit with them. For me, love it, and a useful mod for me with status weapons. 

Read where some saying blast doesn't extend, guess ill have to check again but seems they stay down longer to me when hit.   Other procs still fine.

Edited by _Vortus_
added