Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee usage on the rise ?

HAYABU5A

have noticed an increase in Banshee usage recently which is surprising

and not just the soundquake cheese variety but people using her full kit somewhat decently 

now im curious why the sudden influx ? is it players fashionframing the skin? or finally starting to appreciate her as a frame? a wave of skill increase / playstyle change of newer players ? to prefer more glass cannon archetype over the previous handholding easy braindead crutch mode like valkyr, rhino, old ash,excalispam etc  

its intriguing, would love to know if the actual stats reflect this or its just a lucky coincidence (prob lol)

this makes her prime being dumped for valkyr prime (due solely to popularity contest = $) all the more sad and really bad timing, just as she is on the rise among the playerbase consciousness she is denied her place

in any case its refreshing seeing her around a bit more ;)

It almost feels like her upswing in popularity got bolstered because she was skipped in a way.  Or at least that's the vibe I've gotten from the situation.

Folks who like Banshee being irked by the situation, bringing it up often.  Players who may have never realized how genuinely great Banshee can be asking "why care about her?" and in turn hearing of her various advantageous uses.

Of course, there's a very safe chance I'm woefully wrong in this.  But Banshee did get brought up quite a lot more as of late in Region due to this situation.

2 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

It almost feels like her upswing in popularity got bolstered because she was skipped in a way.  Or at least that's the vibe I've gotten from the situation.

Folks who like Banshee being irked by the situation, bringing it up often.  Players who may have never realized how genuinely great Banshee can be asking "why care about her?" and in turn hearing of her various advantageous uses.

Of course, there's a very safe chance I'm woefully wrong in this.  But Banshee did get brought up quite a lot more as of late in Region due to this situation.

i agree.

Probably people were holding off because they thought the prime was coming and didn't want to multi forma a regular,  but now that valkyr p is out,  people come back to banshee because the prime won't be out for another few months. Also, players new to banshee are trying her kit out, most likely from YouTube builds and such,  getting ready for the prime. It makes me laugh when i see another banshee,  because i think they're new and just realizing how powerful she is,  or they're a vet just like me. 

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

57 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

this sounds pretty legit & makes sense

one of the odd effects of something just being talked about (good or bad) it in turn gets attention 

5 minutes ago, OHKOBunny said:

Everyone's using her 4 now because Ash's was gimped. Enjoy it while it lasts, it'll probably be reworked before her prime.

They could completely remove Sound Quake and most legit Banshee player's wouldn't care one bit.

Just like they nerfed Bladestorm and legit Ash players don't care.

Both are scrub tools used for a level range you couldn't possibly fail to begin with.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

They could completely remove Sound Quake and most legit Banshee player's wouldn't care one bit.

Both are scrub tools used for a level range you couldn't possibly fail to begin with.

^ banshee strengths are in her CC. Sonar, amazing, silence huge AoE stun, sonic boom amazing plus the augment makes it stellar.

If they wanted to nerf banshees SQ they wouldnt have rebuffed it to pre dmg 2.0 levels with the augment.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

+1.

As a banshee main, i agree with this. I honestly wouldn't care if they removed it, or increased the drain so it only lasted a handful of seconds. I'm fine either way..

As for seeing more banshee's... I personally haven't seen anything different. I'm still one of the few banshee's who run sorties down this end of the world. Could be she's increased more in other areas though, which is good!

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I play banshee a lot.

I don't really use her #4 much as i have to stay still and it does not help except on interception.

But the #3 silence, that's a killer.

Better than SQ

How does holding every mob on the map in place not help interception?

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Same goes for Ember.  She's actually amazing in the 30-100 range, until armor gets stupid (although that can be said for most frames without a way to remove armor/non 4xCP groups).  Glass cannon she may be, but Accelerant stuns and really weakens nearby enemies, letting you get right in their faces with a powerful primary (how many warframes can one-shot sentients?).  You keep her 4 there as a backup, for when things are a bit much, and you want to kill everything within a few seconds to do something like rez someone (and a few seconds is all you'll get with an accelerant build.  It's for the same short duration emergency use that I keep RQ handy on my Banshee.  I mostly play her using Resonance Sonar).

I completely agree about removing abilities like WoF and Sound Quake, they're only something I use either in solo play (speed clearing, which could easily be replaced by an amprex/ignis), or as a last resort.  Perhaps a compromise would be to reduce the time they can be used for considerably.  WoF could get an increasing power cost too, and RQ's could be increased further (in my build I can cast it for over a minute).

Edited by polarity

36 minutes ago, polarity said:

Same goes for Ember.  She's actually amazing in the 30-100 range, until armor gets stupid (although that can be said for most frames without a way to remove armor/non 4xCP groups).  Glass cannon she may be, but Accelerant stuns and really weakens nearby enemies, letting you get right in their faces with a powerful primary (how many warframes can one-shot sentients?).  You keep her 4 there as a backup, for when things are a bit much, and you want to kill everything within a few seconds to do something like rez someone (and a few seconds is all you'll get with an accelerant build.  It's for the same short duration emergency use that I keep RQ handy on my Banshee.  I mostly play her using Resonance Sonar).

I completely agree about removing abilities like WoF and Sound Quake, they're only something I use either in solo play (speed clearing, which could easily be replaced by an amprex/ignis), or as a last resort.  Perhaps a compromise would be to reduce the time they can be used for considerably.  WoF could get an increasing power cost too, and RQ's could be increased further (in my build I can cast it for over a minute).

I use a Fireball Frenzy + Flash Acelerant build that gives everyone in the group +458% Total damage output. If you head-shot with her buffs / debuffs up it actually hits harder than Sonar while using less Power Strength. It's super strong but since she can't buff herself; Sonar still wins. That and the overlap bug.

All these "OP" things players talk about are often only so by perspective in the level ranges they play.

I never found Bladestorm to be OP, Sound Quake is nothing but a hindrance outside Interception which is a PvP map. I dunno what they were thinking with that, it's been exploited since day one and Mirage + Simulor just randomly dies past lvl 80, has no team synergy at all and SImulor drops off like a rock once enemies survive a few pulses.

All these things are considered OP in a level range where enemies die in a light breeze anyways. I don't get it.

Banshee is one of the most fun frames to play with. Because it forces the player to think and be mobile. In order to master banshee, you have to know exactly what is the distance of your silence so you can approach enemies knowing when they will be stunned and sometimes get out of range and come back. Kill fast with sonar spread all over the enemies, and if you face a tough situation, cast 1st to gain some time.

You can cheese using the ultimate, cast sonar with resonance a few times and go into 4th. It kills sortie level enemies easily.

8 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I use a Fireball Frenzy + Flash Acelerant build that gives everyone in the group +458% Total damage output. If you head-shot with her buffs / debuffs up it actually hits harder than Sonar while using less Power Strength. It's super strong but since she can't buff herself; Sonar still wins. That and the overlap bug.

All these "OP" things players talk about are often only so by perspective in the level ranges they play.

I never found Bladestorm to be OP, Sound Quake is nothing but a hindrance outside Interception which is a PvP map. I dunno what they were thinking with that, it's been exploited since day one and Mirage + Simulor just randomly dies past lvl 80, has no team synergy at all and SImulor drops off like a rock once enemies survive a few pulses.

All these things are considered OP in a level range where enemies die in a light breeze anyways. I don't get it.

How do you figure that when Sonar has base +500% damage increase and stacks with headshot damage as well as accelerant? Doesn't that build require more power strength to catch up to the base strength of Sonar? Along with costing more energy due to using more abilities?

Also, IIRC, doesn't Fireball Frenzy combine with base elements on the player's skills and weapons? Like, if they have a gun that does Gas/Cold, and you buff them up, instead of doing Gas/Cold/Fire, they just deal Gas/Blast? I remember having that issue when I tried to make a support Ember build.

36 minutes ago, IneffableCupidity said:

How do you figure that when Sonar has base +500% damage increase and stacks with headshot damage as well as accelerant? Doesn't that build require more power strength to catch up to the base strength of Sonar? Along with costing more energy due to using more abilities?

Also, IIRC, doesn't Fireball Frenzy combine with base elements on the player's skills and weapons? Like, if they have a gun that does Gas/Cold, and you buff them up, instead of doing Gas/Cold/Fire, they just deal Gas/Blast? I remember having that issue when I tried to make a support Ember build.

A high Power Strength Sonar often doesn't leave enemies alive long enough to have many resonance weak points spread over them. Sonar stacks with head-shots but is the Sonar mark on their head? That's the trick. With Ember you just shoot weak points as usual. Sonar is also susceptible to Nullifiers while Ember is only reduced in effectiveness.

Her buff combines with any single element left on the weapon but you shouldn't have anything but Viral or Toxic on those weapons in majority of cases where you'd want Ember as a buff frame. For C. Flesh or Infested Viral is the best choice and Heat does bonus damage anyways. The only time it would be counter productive is if you're fighting lvl 200+ armored enemies.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

A high Power Strength Sonar often doesn't leave enemies alive long enough to have many resonance weak points spread over them. Sonar stacks with head-shots but is the Sonar mark on their head? That's the trick. With Ember you just shoot weak points as usual. Sonar is also susceptible to Nullifiers while Ember is only reduced in effectiveness.

Her buff combines with any single element left on the weapon but you shouldn't have anything but Viral or Toxic on those weapons in majority of cases where you'd want Ember as a buff frame. For C. Flesh or Infested Viral is the best choice and Heat does bonus damage anyways. The only time it would be counter productive is if you're fighting lvl 200+ armored enemies.

I run Resonance, so after about four kills, like, every enemy is completely covered in weak points. In any case, I know that Banshee is more heavily countered by Nullies--It's mostly why I still run support Mirage, Rhino, etc--All the strongest effects are enemy specific as opposed to Warframe specific, which makes them more prone to removal by Nullies, which is your tradeoff.

In any case, I was just curious about how you were calculating higher damage for less power strength, when you needed a bunch of it to catch up to a Banshee with no mods for it at all. On a side note, talking about your Ember build vs. Banshee. Banshee can give around 2000% damage boost, completely strip armor off of enemies, and also amplify finisher damage by about 650%, at the cost of having an energy chugging build that's somewhat more wonky about CC, where Ember can amp up damage to a large degree, while also still having very reliable, and consistant CC. They'd probably synergize really well, especially with all the armor being torn off of enemies... and result in billion damage redheads.

18 minutes ago, IneffableCupidity said:

where Ember can amp up damage to a large degree,

i see what you did there.

also yea banshee has some of the most team synergy in the game. not a single frame she doesnt get along with.