Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underappreciated weapons you use.

Night4ce

Been playing Warframe for 3 years and I own all the weapons. (2000+ hours and MR23) But I find myself looking back at older weapons and wonder, are there any I should give a second look? I myself have a playstyle  and use the Opticore, Akbronco Prime and the Galatine Prime. I favor hard hitting weapons. Now with 40 catalysts I'm open to what other weapons you guys find fun and good. None of the meta weaponry. I want your underappreciated weapons and builds. The most recommended *that I haven't already forma's up* I'll go back and give it some love. Be sure to include your build on it too. I own all the mods so go all out.

"Show me what you got!" -A Cromulon.

Edited by Night4ce

11 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

hmmm.... like my 6 forma mk-1 braton or 8 forma prisma tetra? :D

Here are my favorites:

Spoiler

drpt5K7.jpg

Spoiler

MkUL0Wf.jpg

I'm still working on prisma gorgon #2, obviously. It'll eventually have 7 formas. Duplicates are to allow for different polarities, so that one can use Primed Cryo rounds and the other one can use Stormbringer instead.

Is Atomos meta? I never see anyone with it but to me, it strikes me as a solid secondary that will easily kill anything below level 80 and is fantastic at clearing out a room in seconds. Its a shame its bigger brother Amprex cant live up to the legend of my Atomos.

2 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

I used the Kohm too. Built it for high stat chance and fire rate. Melted everything in front fast.

Yeah it was my first shotgun... it decimated Level 100 gunner faster then my vaykor hek, gotta remake it accidentally sold my 2 formed one.

Not sure if underappreciated or overshadowed is a better description.    I don't see them often, and as a bow, there are far more popular choices.  When they removed the Latron Wraith's silent shooting,  it was a waste of space for me.   That was my go to silent rifle.  So I looked around and rediscovered the Zhuge.   A bow, that fires like a rifle with a 20 round magazine, good crit, high status and silent.   So many jobs with one weapon.   Really like it.

Next would be the Sancti Castanas.   Niche and a trick weapon for me, but I like it just for that.   Drop a Zenistar disc, put a decoy in the middle, pop a few disarms with loki and put some Castanas into the circle.   Let the crowd gather, when its enough that the Zenistar cannot do the job, click, boom.   Repeat.

Last would be the Ninkondi.   Wukong, maxed out timer (cancels the short range), good enough crit, great status.   Bruce Lee.  Seen some when new, but not seen much anymore.

A dual Ninkondi would bring tears of happiness. 

13 minutes ago, zattez said:

Is Atomos meta? I never see anyone with it but to me, it strikes me as a solid secondary that will easily kill anything below level 80 and is fantastic at clearing out a room in seconds. Its a shame its bigger brother Amprex cant live up to the legend of my Atomos.

Please tell me you use +range and punchthrough :3

And yes, I tested both against a level 50 Corpus Capture target.
Amprex had 194% crit chance, due to a Riven.
And both took it down in around a clip, no chaining.

Which means 100 ammo for the Amprex, at near perfect redcrit, and 60 for the Atomos with Primed Heated Charge. :|

Edit: Oh, the riven was also a Corpus Bane.
Poor Amprex.

Edited by Chroia

I still use my Atmos. It is a great weapon. Even shooting a dead body with still jump to live targets. Range mod is a must.

2 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Please tell me you use +range and punchthrough :3

And yes, I tested both against a level 50 Corpus Capture target.
Amprex had 194% crit chance, due to a Riven.
And both took it down in around a clip, no chaining.

Which means 100 ammo for the Amprex, at near perfect redcrit, and 60 for the Atomos with Primed Heated Charge. :|

You can get a riven mod that pushes amprex to 200%+ crit chance. Its a beast of a weapon. Give it blast and it'll also knock down enemies left and right. Give it gas and the DoT gets ridiculous.

Whenever i play fissure and it procs corruption on amprex, i just hear “UNLIMITED... POWWWERRRRR!!” go through my head.