Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Hotfix 19.3.2 + 19.3.2.1

[DE]Drew

3 minutes ago, Ninimo said:

Did anyone notice, that the Cycuta Prime seal thingy isnt glowing anymore? 

CycutaPrime.png

Or is it just me? Did I do anything wrong? The energy colour is turquoise... not black, if you wanted to ask. :(

happen to a few sigils like Stalker Sigil

5 minutes ago, TheTundraTerror said:

The excuse it "because it's several random mods with random stats" which is bunk because 1) I can have hundreds of thousands of every mod at each rank and 2) the random stats "issue" is one that shouldn't exist because stats should not be random!

to be fair there is alot more data stored in a riven mod where other mods can be taken from a liset so de is not wrong when they say the cap is because of storage reasons cause remember its storeing the infermation of mutiable riven mods over thouands of players thats alot of information. however DE should have know this when putting riven mods into the game so while its a problem for them its a problem they chose to have over say buffing old weapons.

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

For those of you who have reached the max Riven Capacity, you can now increase your Riven Capacity by purchasing additional Slots. Visit the market to get a bundle of three slots for 60 Platinum. The maximum capacity is still capped at 60 Riven Slots total for technical reasons. 

Guys, let us buy more config slots.

You keep adding mods on top of mods but you still limit us on the number of builds you can have at the same time.

22 minutes ago, TheMagicalSharpie said:

1.Riven slots costing as much as they do isn't unreasonable.   Even at the least amount of plat you can buy, that's only about 4-ish dollars.  Or pennies if you're buying 2-4000 plat.   Considering that each riven mod takes a spot on the server and the load that kind of thing can bring to the table, it's not unreasonable to have the 'technical difficulties" handled by charging for extended service, phone companies do this with data, why can't DE do this with rivens that put a load on their server?

It's not much for people living in civilized countries - For me 10 $ is more than half of my daily wage. I have bought plat in past but each time I was litteraly saving for weeks to buy it. And I have bought it 3 times so far in bigger or smaller quanntities. Also everything takes spot on server, They shouldn't have implemented it with random variable values. If DE is turning into phone company mentaly then dark times are upon us.

22 minutes ago, TheMagicalSharpie said:

3. You have 15 slots to start off with.  Compared to 1 or 2 for your warframes and weapons, that's at the very least 15 weapons that you can riven. Who here can honestly say they have more than 15 weapons that they want to spend the time to minmax and make endgame viable?   Which comes back around to an important point.

I have got 20 minmaxed primaries, 10 secondaries and 9 melees. From those 20 only 1 is because of riven mods. And yes I use them every now and then depending on what I am running.

Edited by Ramrr

Let me start by not debating the fact that database size (table columns) is an issue, especially for the consoles (source: play FF14 too, with the lovely cross platform community and they, both Square Enix and Sony, are quite open about this anyway).

But them being so limited, it feels like a punch in the 'warframe is one of the best examples of how to do free to play right' face to make them so highly monetized. For many people it already feels like p2w since even with the riven patches there are still obvious winning weapons and losing weapons when it comes to these mods, thus seeing riven mods fetching well over the 1k plat price. As an avid collector, I planned on taking the long route to getting the mods I wanted and the 15 limit while annoying (how many would you have to leave open for possible future weapons, which are the weapons you want to invest more forma and time in, etc) was manageable.. 

With the word about riven mods for secondaries, I too was hoping to get 15 slots for those mods besides the current set, non grouped. But now it certainly feels like this new max of 60 (who knows for how long that will be) will be for the entire set, ever. Primary, secondary, melee?, archwing primary & melee? Sentinel & companion? Warframes? Who knows.. the limit of 15 certainly does not feel as nearly enough now when I think I tend to use maybe 4-7 weapons per type a lot.. And what about newer people, who might get mods for weapons they can't even have yet or don't have the MR yet. They might want to use them later, but may have to sell them and hope for RNGeebus to give it when they are ready for it", because 15 slots certainly does not leave a lot of room to work towards some weapons (the wall on some is pretty high). They might rather (and should rather) spend any plat on warframe and weapon and sentinel and companion slots, rather then riven mod slots.. but how much of a kick in the teeth would it feel like after they finally got that awesome riven mod they can't use..

It really feels like it would have been better to give us 15 slots per type, if limited to primary/secondary/melee and have the option to buy 15 more in the current set up, thereby not almost requiring people to get more slots, but making it a choice for veterans and people that support you lot!

I propose to let us buy the Rivens we want for 200p each (revealed but with random stats and comes with free slot) from the Market. This doesn't go against the F2P principle as you still can farm them and get the ones you desire for free, before your hair turns grey from old age and falls out.

15 minutes ago, TheMagicalSharpie said:

The fact that the mod is randomized and requires a unique entry in the database instead of the cookie cutter mods that we all have.

Okay it makes sense now. But then it would make it a mechanic that's simply not scalable....why would anyone implement something like this? 

I find it rather perplexing

1 minute ago, Ramrr said:

It's not much for people living in civilized countries - For me 10 $ is more than half of my daily wage. I have bought plat in past but each time I was litteraly saving for weeks to buy it. And I have bought it 3 times so far in bigger or smaller quanntities. Also everything takes spot on server, They shouldn't have implemented it with random variable values. If DE is turning into phone company mentaly then dark times are upon us.

I have got 20 minmaxed primaries, 10 secondaries and 9 melee's. From those 20 only 1 is because of riven mods. And yes I use them every now and then depending on what I am running.

That is not the fault of DE.  They sell their products based on the economy of the country they are based in, that your country's economy doesn't allow for a reasonable exchange rate can't be helped, DE can't accommodate for everyone, that would be unreasonable.

And like I said right below that you don't have to buy it, you can make hundreds of it in an hour in trade, especially when, by the time you get to the point where Rivens are even necessary, you likely have a number of mods or prime parts to sell for plat.  You can use warframe.market to get the lowest price on all of what you want to sell and those mods and prime parts generally go very fast.   Just like any F2P game a bit of grinding is expected, if you want to progress faster they give you that option but expect money for it, that is business, specifically the F2P model that allows this game to even exist.  I doubt this game could exist in it's current form if people had to pay monthly fees for it.  You and others like you probably wouldn't even play it as it would be unreasonably expensive.

See above for how to get plat^  39 rivens.   480 plat to get the extra 24 slots.   It would be something to work towards.  You didn't minmax those 39 weapons in a few weeks or likely even in a few months. 

Wait, I remember you guys saying that first the Riven limit was to 'enforce creativity' and then it was due 'server limits', now all of a sudden is 'haha jk, give us your money'

So if I want to use that forgotten, underpowered weapon that got powercreeped and you guys refuse to give a small buff, but I already have 15 rivens for other forgotten and underpowered weapons that you guys refuse to buff, I'll have to pay money for it?

HAH, nope. Everytime I think of putting money on this game, something like this happens. Thankfully, someone is paying for me to play by purchasing a loading screen for $60. The $7.99 I ever spent on this game will never increase another cent.

((60-15) / 3) * 60 = 900 plat to reach maximum riven capacity of 60 mods.

Eh... I guess its sort of fair? Considering that it will probably take forever to get 60 mods unless you are buying them like insane trading maniac,

Edited by Artek94