Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit - Which did you choose? [SPOILERS]

(PSN)LeBlingKing

neutral - I let her decide
I find it morally wrong to decide for other people, even if their decisions are wrong in our eyes, its their will. Gotta respect that.

Spoiler

plus she was so happy on that last clip thanking us for letting her come back to her people :)

Let Her Decide

The forced choice on this Quest has faulty logic. We have the Cure, which we made for Alad V, which can be used at any time. We can Cure her and any future Tri-whatsit after they do the Passing.

Logically Ergo and the Tenno should be bankrolling the Mycona to setup a facility to produce/use the Cure themselves. Putting wealth to use for the betterment of the Origin system!? What a concept!?.

I sent her home and let them figure it out for themselves. It's not for me to decide on behalf of them, nor is it my responsibility to tell her otherwise.

As for what happened with that choice:

Spoiler

She decided to be the last Triuna (I think?), the strain would end with her. Her father was proud of her and her decision.

The story seems railroaded into ending this practice, alluding to it being a good thing, which is disappointing. We didn't even know what effect it had on her or her people, if any.

Cure her. As Tenno we are much higher in hierarchy of this Galaxy and it's our duty to show and enforce the good way of living on undeveloped tribes and protect them. Killing children for sake of survival is barbaric and should be forbidden. Besides this was choose which Lotus advice and she knows what's best.

Went for cure but did think maybe that I should've let her decide. However, I figured the 'balanced' thing to do would be boring so hell with it, let's do this and make potentially bad decisions!

On the flip side... I did initially consider sending her back. It's their tradition. Why should we suddenly step on their toes and impose our decisions and supposed higher will upon them? It's sort of how in history we've modernized older civilizations and forced our values which we deemed to be 'better' and more 'sensible', as they were 'backwards' in their ways. We didn't need to do that as it's simply their way of life. In a way you should let them 'evolve' without any interference from us; if they find their way to progress that's nice, if they don't oh well.

In essence it is Star Trek, the Prime Directive.

Edited by Naith

19 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

I sent her home and let them figure it out for themselves. It's not for me to decide on behalf of them, nor is it my responsibility to tell her otherwise.

As for what happened with that choice:

Hide contents

She decided to be the last Triuna (I think?), the strain would end with her. Her father was proud of her and her decision.

The story seems railroaded into ending this practice, alluding to it being a good thing, which is disappointing. We didn't even know what effect it had on her or her people, if any.

That's weird when i let her pick she decided to go home. Personal if i had to pick i would had sent her home anyways, there way may not be exactly good, considering how the rest of the system look's with Grinner and Corpus ripping everything apart for petty gains they have it fairly well. It's something they must change when things get more stable but for now it works.

Edited by Beowulf57

2 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I was going to cure her until I thought about it and realized that the rest of the colony would succumb to  infestation if I cured her, and potentially other children. 

They wouldn't. After sending the girl to cure Lotus send a bunch of spectres to protect the colony from infested. More faith in Lotus! ;)

Let her decide. I figure that's the choice my Tenno would make, she's not happy with outsiders deciding kids fates for them.

'Course that's ignoring the fairly strong argument that "tradition" basically means "conditioned to sacrifice yourself" here, but I figure that's not what would be first on my lil killing machine's mind.

1 hour ago, Arkathor said:

They wouldn't. After sending the girl to cure Lotus send a bunch of spectres to protect the colony from infested. More faith in Lotus! ;)

I'm talking about the spores they were infected with. Lotus seemed set on the idea that they would just become monsters. Also I have looked at clips of the cure choice. Lotus does not send spectres, as the girl does not know what to do after being cured.  

Edited by UrielColtan