The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove the Infested Cyst

acehalk

So, Im reading this thread and honestly it's the funniest thing. Some not all of you are crying over FASHION FRAME! Pls someone correct me in the case im wrong  but fashion has zerp influence on gameplay. Its not buffing or hindering your stats it's cosmetic...get a grip. The plague is a mechanic....a bridge to something else. We can now have our own (obviously unfinished) infested pet who is wicked strong with no forma needed. 

Don't misunderstand me DE  definitely should have given us a heads up about it no question. At the very least a heads up on the last dev stream. But we have a beast of a wf now... One more thing, if you read the redtext from latest hotfix it actually goes out of the way to say they have prepared some type of solutions to be deployed fri post stream.

19 minutes ago, d4rkSector said:

Seriously, major reason I play warframe is because of the visual aspect. You guys are kind of messing up for me with this giant growing cyst on my neck that then finishes with a freaking hair. I already built the thing I don't want to keep getting it on the brand new frame with the skin I just paid actual money for on tennogen. Maybe you guys are laughing but seriously from what I can tell this kind of upsetting people. Can you just create a fix a way to opt out. I will probably be taking a break and hope this is not an issue when I come back. Thanks for reading.

You must hate it when Nidus sprays you with Parasitic Link

Here's a constructive idea. Let's have a reusable cure blueprint from the labs. Research would require 12500 orokin cells, building the cure in the foundry would require 7500 orokin ciphers.

...Or you could buy it from the market for 340p.

Wadda ya say? ;)

Just now, Sithis32 said:

So, Im reading this thread and honestly it's the funniest thing. Some not all of you are crying over FASHION FRAME! Pls someone correct me in the case im wrong  but fashion has zerp influence on gameplay. Its not buffing or hindering your stats it's cosmetic...get a grip. The plague is a mechanic....a bridge to something else. We can now have our own (obviously unfinished) infested pet who is wicked strong with no forma needed. 

Don't misunderstand me DE  definitely should have given us a heads up about it no question. At the very least a heads up on the last dev stream. But we have a beast of a wf now... One more thing, if you read the redtext from latest hotfix it actually goes out of the way to say they have prepared some type of solutions to be deployed fri post stream.

"Fashion frame" is how this game makes money and the only thing most players have left.  The gamplay becomes mostly a joke after building Rhino.  Most of what players are working toward and/or spending their real money on is making their characters look how they want them to.  It being a mechanic doesn't make it an interesting or well thought out one.  An illness might have been interesting if it had some gameplay element.  As of now it is purely cosmetic so completely roleplay.  Roleplaying having herpes shockingly isn't something most players are very interested in doing.

I got the Helminth charger, fair enough... then i got infected again by playing with a Nidus and another cyst is growing on my Excalibur... Can it only be removed with a 1% (or dunno if it's chanced) drop chance Kubrow egg or am i missing something ?

It's really ugly to see this purple thing on my warframe neck all the time, and i would gladly just get rid of it or even "hide" it if possible (best if it can just be ripped off and stored like a resource).

Can we have an option to hide it or something so i don't have it ruining the look of my warframes anymore ?

1 minute ago, PatternistSlave said:

"Fashion frame" is how this game makes money and the only thing most players have left.  The gamplay becomes mostly a joke after building Rhino.  Most of what players are working toward and/or spending their real money on is making their characters look how they want them to.  It being a mechanic doesn't make it an interesting or well thought out one.  An illness might have been interesting if it had some gameplay element.  As of now it is purely cosmetic so completely roleplay.  Roleplaying having herpes shockingly isn't something most players are very interested in doing.

Im not disregarding that point and Ive done the same on occasion. I admit it's definitely an eyesore but ppl are crying over it like it's some earth shattering event. Ppl are rage quitting over a cosmetic thing! The word ludicrous doesn't begin to cover it especially knowing a fix is coming

I just want a total cure and full immunity. My nidus is infected with this but my other frames still not luckily but I want them to keep safe range from the infection. I don't want to all of my 36 frames drain and make 36 helminth charger when I don't want any pet.

Edited by Sziklamester

10 minutes ago, Sithis32 said:

Im not disregarding that point and Ive done the same on occasion. I admit it's definitely an eyesore but ppl are crying over it like it's some earth shattering event. Ppl are rage quitting over a cosmetic thing! The word ludicrous doesn't begin to cover it especially knowing a fix is coming

I don't think it's just this event that's making people ragequit.

Between all the crap that DE has pulled, I think the state that Helminth is in is just the straw that breaks the camel's back. The Kuva Fortress is an empty tileset, complete waste of resources. The Riven system was completely broken when released and is still a very awkward system that people generally don't like. The infested salvage mission had horrid Nidus drop rates when released. The Hema's clan research requirements are off the charts and a massive middle-finger to players.

And now we have Helminth. After the onslaught of rushed out content that hit live way before it should have, Helminth comes in and straight up slam-dunks the ball to the deepest layers of Tartarus. The entire mechanic is utterly unfinished, as evidenced by the fact that Helminth doesn't actually do anything except make the exact same comments over and over and over. The cyst grows in, spreads way too easily, becomes a massive eye-sore on millions of warframes, and then after seven days, we drain it to make the Helminth Charger.

And it's a F%#$ing placeholder. It's the charger's model stitched onto a Kubrow skeleton and animations and just shipped out for players to get disappointed at.

And then we find out that there's NO way to remove the cyst, that it's going to be an eyesore until DE decides to get around to fixing it.

Just like they will get around to fixing Sortie loot. Or Archwing. Or Focus. Or Operator mode. Or the Kuva Fortress. Or the Riven system.

But you know what? All those things can be forgiven. Because they don't interfere with the core game too much. They're like dead weight hanging off what is otherwise a good game. Helminth, however? That stabs inwards. That's actually interfering with the main game.

It should never have been released in the state it is now. Nidus should've been postponed until it was ready for release. They should've put the bard in first so they could get more time to actually make something of Helminth. Something more than an eyesore.

It's not just a fashion frame crash. It's DE keeling over with what is undoubtedly the worst content string ever added to warframe.

I'm curious about the final stage. How much do you want to bet the impulsive players will complain that they can't get whatever the final stage has because they cured themselves? And thus the cycle will be complete.

(Honestly, word about a cure is coming. We don't need another thread about it. Maybe a mod should mega thread it.)

Edited by CrazyCortex

5 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

I don't think it's just this event that's making people ragequit.

Between all the crap that DE has pulled, I think the state that Helminth is in is just the straw that breaks the camel's back. The Kuva Fortress is an empty tileset, complete waste of resources. The Riven system was completely broken when released and is still a very awkward system that people generally don't like. The infested salvage mission had horrid Nidus drop rates when released. The Hema's clan research requirements are off the charts and a massive middle-finger to players.

And now we have Helminth. After the onslaught of rushed out content that hit live way before it should have, Helminth comes in and straight up slam-dunks the ball to the deepest layers of Tartarus. The entire mechanic is utterly unfinished, as evidenced by the fact that Helminth doesn't actually do anything except make the exact same comments over and over and over. The cyst grows in, spreads way too easily, becomes a massive eye-sore on millions of warframes, and then after seven days, we drain it to make the Helminth Charger.

And it's a F%#$ing placeholder. It's the charger's model stitched onto a Kubrow skeleton and animations and just shipped out for players to get disappointed at.

And then we find out that there's NO way to remove the cyst, that it's going to be an eyesore until DE decides to get around to fixing it.

Just like they will get around to fixing Sortie loot. Or Archwing. Or Focus. Or Operator mode. Or the Kuva Fortress. Or the Riven system.

But you know what? All those things can be forgiven. Because they don't interfere with the core game too much. They're like dead weight hanging off what is otherwise a good game. Helminth, however? That stabs inwards. That's actually interfering with the main game.

It should never have been released in the state it is now. Nidus should've been postponed until it was ready for release. They should've put the bard in first so they could get more time to actually make something of Helminth. Something more than an eyesore.

It's not just a fashion frame crash. It's DE keeling over with what is undoubtedly the worst content string ever added to warframe.

I actually agree with many of your points. DE needs to learn from it's previous f ups and not rush.  I don't condone many calls they made in 2016. Someone needs to redo the pr scheduling or maybe just send reb instead of the core programming staff.