Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about Nidus...

(PSN)commando278

I would agree that his powers put him at an above average power level, but I don't think that he should be nerfed to bring him in line with other Warframes. Remember, we are supposed to be incredibly powerful merchants of death who can kill our enemies just by looking at them (sometimes literally) so I think that he should be left (more or less) alone, and other Warframes (Zephyr comes to mind) should be buffed to be more in line with the current power of players. 

3 minutes ago, Genitive said:

He only shines in endless missions, beyond them he's not that powerful. He's fine as is.

Agreed, in fact, in high level finite missions (sortie assassination comes to mind) he is a terrible choice because it becomes very difficult to get a suitable number of stacks.

He is also too lethal for Trials as he almost needs to kill to become powerful. 

He can't outdamage damage frames, he can't outcc cc frames, he can't outbuff buffing frames, he can't outsupport supporting frames. He is fine as he is. 

Equinox is way above him in terms of team synergy as a jack of all trades.

Edited by aligatorno

I think you would be extremely lucky to get a fair amount of mutation stacks in a normal mission, like exterminate or rescue. Its in the endless missions where he truly shines, as there is a never ending supply of enemies that can feed his stacks, making him more powerful. But even then, playing a defense missions or survival solo will still take a couple round to get up there.

4 minutes ago, Genitive said:

He only shines in endless missions, beyond them he's not that powerful. He's fine as is.

I agree with this. Regular run and extract missions I use other frames. His niche seems to be endless missions. Leave him like he is and lets not start this " nerf please" doom and gloom. Every time we get something that is fun to use and is powerful this is what happens then it gets nerfed to the ground. 

Have you used him yourself yet?

19 minutes ago, (PS4)commando278 said:

His 1 is Rhino stomp And Ice Wave

The only way his 1 is like rhino stomp is that he stomps. There is not stun, its just damage.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)commando278 said:

his 2 is Synoid Octopus

Whats a Synoid Octopus? This ability is good, i agree, but its very risk / reward. If you use it with poor timing, and only get a single enemy in it, you have a long cooldown before you can use again. Plus his 1 takes up alot of energy.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)commando278 said:

His 3 is Trinity's Link

Its realy not. It mitigates a % damage to a single enemy, provided you stay close to that enemy. move to far and it breaks.

From you discription it feels like you havnt played him, however even if you have i would argue that its not that he needs a nerf, but the other older frames need a buff.

He has little weapon synergy (Vauban but worse and you get actively punished for killing with anything but your 1), takes ages to build stacks since the nerf to his 4, can't get kills or stacks in a high damage squad until levels most people leave anyway and has to be constantly using his 1 to really see him shine. CONSTANTLY. As in no killing with anything else. 

Yeah no don't nerf him again pls leave him alone and stick to your AFK World On Fire before taking another hammer to a well designed frame. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)commando278 said:

His 1 is Rhino stomp And Ice Wave, his 2 is Synoid Octopus, His 3 is Trinity's Link. He needs a debuff anyone agree? Cause he's too OP.

Stop trying to make nidus nerf happen, it's not going to happen... except for that one time. Nidus is perfectly fine.

I'm usually first on the nerf it train, but c'mon he only needs a few tweaks. For one, he relies too heavily on his 1 to build stacks. If they did anything else, it'd be giving his other abilities a passive way to build stacks.

The octopus relies on line-of-sight to actually be useful, and on the ground if he intends to build stacks (no matter how fun watching enemies get sucked towards the ceiling is). Otherwise it's a fantastic cc for himself and teammates alike.

His parasite link is a buddy buff and acts as a buffer for what shields would normally fill in for. It's also single target. Nothing wrong with it. 

And his ultimate feels very very passive. I left one around an excavator in an excavation mission and the excavator still got attacked. Yeah it can multiply his damage, restore health faster, and annoy enemies, but on it's own it's pretty weak. To take full advantage of it he needs to stand directly on top of it limiting mobility.

Oh and his undying skill only works with 15 stacks which from what I've seen can easily disappear. I've gotten 100 stacks on endless missions but that took about a half an hour of stomping just to amount that much. Aside from that, going into bleedout drains your stacks to zero, and his energy pool is fairly low meaning he's extremely vulnerable to leech eximus's especially on a high power low efficiency builds that heavily relies on energy returns. I'm still leaning on Zenerik's energy overflow just to keep the stomp train flowing. And vulnerable to any other procs as well since his health bar is basically butt naked.

ps. A little known fact, Tenno are vulnerable to puncture damage. Rips him to shreds with no shields. That one Corpus sortie a few days ago was anti-Nidus, so yeah.

tl;dr: I disagree.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

I disagree on the nerf.

I agree with most. Nidus, his mutations stack does no good unless playing Survival, Defense, Interception.

His 2 does not add to stacks(which is weird). I would like for it add stacks by the amount of enemies it grabs, because the ability is a "hit or miss". His 4 is "meh". The maggots are to slow for them to be effective. His 3 is "lolrlly?". Which leaves us with his 1; Nidus' best attack. Get to a decent hallway, camp, and spam away. It's really all Nidus has.

For normal frames, energy pizza at mission start, go nuts with all abilities.

For Nidus, find at least 5 enemies, spam 1 a few times and throw in 2 for good measure, unlock 3rd ability, find at least 10 more enemies, 1 + 2 again, unlock 4th ability. Use 3 or 4 once and you gotta find more enemies again. All the while managing energy via pizza or orbs as well. Oh, and if you bleed out before getting to 15 stacks, you have to start over because those stacks all go bye-bye.

So what good would mediocre abilities do for Nidus when it takes all this time and effort?

Edited by PsiWarp

3 hours ago, (PS4)commando278 said:

His 1 is Rhino stomp And Ice Wave, his 2 is Synoid Octopus, His 3 is Trinity's Link. He needs a debuff anyone agree? Cause he's too OP.

he is nothing without stacks, and my clan mates complain that they cannot get enough stacks with me around, or any other competent Tenno.