The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A glitch on console revealed the next Prime Access - SPOILERS

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Corpus are budget rental cheap knock off Orokin kin, so it's not a stretch that they're making cheap knock-off lower quality versions of original Orokin items.

Like say the difference between an actual Rolex and a Fauxlex or a $20 watch you can buy at Target, etc.

11 hours ago, Ninja22678 said:

I find Helios very useful still. I don't want to use a hammer all the time that's also slow and that I have to kill the enemy with to scan it.

In my experience, it only really works in slow stealth runs. Otherwise, everything is dying too fast for it to scan anything. The hammer is faster, and guarantees that it'll scan everything in a room, provided you kill the enemies with it. 

10 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Implying Deconstructor isn't an amazing sentinel weapon (and no, it doesn't count if you use it with the glitch that lets you get it on any sentinel).

Implying that Sentinels weapons are actually powerful enough to make a difference anywhere past Saturn (without forma, that is). Deconstructor may be the most powerful Sentinel weapon, but it's not half as good as pets and limits what mods you can use on your melee weapon if you don't have the patience/endo to make duplicates of all your good mods.

Helmet: 1 Neural, 2 Nitain, 2 Argon, 1k Oxium.

Body: Angst, Misery, Torment, Violence.

System: Pre-Hunhow Stalker, Post-Hunhow Stalker, 6 Kubrow eggs, 4 Helminth cysts.

Edit: And Neutral alignment, just to make it difficult. XD

Edited by AandOE

9 minutes ago, AandOE said:

Helmet: 1 Neural, 2 Nitain, 2 Argon, 1k Oxium.

Body: Angst, Misery, Torment, Violence.

System: Pre-Hunhow Stalker, Post-Hunhow Stalker, 6 Kubrow eggs, 4 Helminth cysts.

Edit: And Neutral alignment, just to make it difficult. XD

*qualifies in all*

Sign me up, bro

5 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Deconstructor may be the most powerful Sentinel weapon, but it's not half as good as pets

You're already incorrect.

It hits at range, can easily reach 70% status with 60/60 mods for blast/elec combo (that CC, though), and cycles between impact, puncture, and slash damage, meaning every third strike has a 70% chance of dealing finisher damage, usually with a headshot since it has a delightful habit of aiming there.

It's far more reliable at damaging than any pet that isn't the Helminth Charger, since most pets don't attack often enough to make much of a difference. Honorable mention to Kavat armor removal, but then you could also just slap on Detect Vulnerability and shoot those spots for a similar effect just as often on just as random of targets.

6 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

In my experience, it only really works in slow stealth runs. Otherwise, everything is dying too fast for it to scan anything. The hammer is faster, and guarantees that it'll scan everything in a room, provided you kill the enemies with it.

I've often had my Helios keep on successfully scanning the ragdolls of enemies who have died, which has been pretty handy. 

Just wish his augment was buffed with frequency and bonus as his default eventually becomes defunct once you're all done.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

every third strike has a 70% chance of dealing finisher damage

Nope. 

Every third strike has a 70% chance to deal either elemental OR Finisher damage. Remember those 2x 60% mods you used to get to 70% status? Yeah, those count. That 70% drops down to about 35% chance to proc slash. Now, also take into consideration that the spread of damage affects what you proc, meaning that because you have more elemental damage, you'll have more elemental procs than IPS procs, which drops your already low hit chance even lower. I'd say final estimate has a ~30%-ish chance (probably less, actually) every third strike to proc slash, and the majority of the time you'll proc elementals or nothing at all. 

30 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Nope.

You didn't... counter anything I said. I said it has a 70% chance of dealing finisher damage. I am so sorry I didn't explain exactly how status works for the uninformed masses, but you basically just said, "no, what you said is wrong because it's only slightly off kilter! Nyeah!"

That 70% drops down to about 35% chance to proc slash.

IPS is preferred over elemental in all cases where the damage is in close proximity. It's not a 50/50 split. Even in this case IPS will be preferred.

low hit chance

You've never even used it, have you? Base range is only 10m, just like Carrier's precept. It's not going to miss that close. Reach or Primed Reach increase its range. It fires fast and can be modded to have whirlwind which will basically make it instantly hit what you're attacking.

Honestly your whole post there was basically, "oh no you didn't mention the physical/elemental split, let me lord my knowledge over you and also prove that I barely have any experience using the weapon."

Edited by Chipputer

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

You didn't... counter anything I said. I said it has a 70% chance of dealing finisher damage. I am so sorry I didn't explain exactly how status works for the uninformed masses, but you basically just said, "no, what you said is wrong because it's only slightly off kilter! Nyeah!"

Or perhaps I was establishing clearly that I disagreed in a single concise word. I mean, that could also be it.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

IPS is preferred over elemental in all cases. It's not a 50/50 split. Even in this case.

Only if the IPS damage is greater than the elemental damage. Proc weighting follows the proportion of damage. 

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You've never even used it, have you? Base range is only 10m, just like Carrier's precept. It's not going to miss that close. Reach or Primed Reach increase its range. It fires fast and can be modded to have whirlwind which will basically make it instantly hit what you're attacking.

I have. This was a typo, actually. I was still talking about proc chance, just like the rest of the paragraph. So that's my bad. 

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Honestly your whole post there was basically, "oh no you didn't mention the physical/elemental split, let me lord my knowledge over you and also prove that I barely have any experience using the weapon."

It was more along the lines of "You're calculating that wrong and making it seem a whole lot better than it actually is". I admit, I had more sarcasm than was necessary, but I'm not incorrect. 

More than that, it's classified as a melee weapon and the only special exception is that it alternates damage types, which means it performs exactly like every other melee. Procs favor the greater source of damage, which means more elemental damage equates to more elemental procs than IPS procs. 

• 3 weeks later...