Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could give chroma a real passive what would it be ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

1) Elemental damage is increased by 20% for him and increases by 5% when more allies are around him! 

2) Have the ability to absorb the element dealt to him and turn it into his energy (he deals the damage element he absorbs)!

3) Enemies dying by his powers will release a AoE healing wave that restore 5% of health of anything (not enemies) within the AoE!

Gets 10% damage boost of the equipped element on all weapons. Is separate from elemental combos. (I.E. player has corrosive and ice equipped on a weapon. Chroma has fire equipped giving the weapon corrosive, ice and fire instead of corrosive and blast. Or chroma has toxin equipped giving him corrosive, ice and toxin)

How is his passive not a passive? It's not like you can or ever will be able to switch elements in mission ((cause that'd be OP)) His passive is good because it gives him 3 unique cool elements and changing abilities based on them ((Aside from Toxin, maybe if weapon swap speed wasn't an issue in the game Chroma's toxic EW wouldn't feel like such a bandaid)) And what's with this recent hate for Spectral Scream from everyone? Can someone explain that to me? It makes you immune to staggers and knockdowns, and with the augment you shoot AoE elemental fireballs. Sure it cuts your speed, but so does Assimilate, the augment that ruined Nyx. With a fully running Vex Armor and Elemental Ward there is no issue anyway.

The only true thing you could do here is have him take reduced (Not nullified, but significant) elemental damage from whatever type of element he currently is.

Other than that, his passive works by itself, different color, different damage type. Not to mention elemental ward gives him a special buff based on his type.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

Whatever he equips as his elemental stat breathes out a cone of fire from your primary whenever you fire.

Ranged weapons get a fireball (bows snipers), close range weapons get a spreading fireball (shotguns), mediums get like a copious flamethrower spraynpray (assault rifles and machines guns), launchers just get 100% more explosion.

balance stats whatever

4 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

How is his passive not a passive?

Every frame's passive is centered around the frame; Chroma is centered around his "passive". His ability to change elemental output has been a feature solely meant for his abilities and how he plays since the beginning. When giving every frame a passive, DE completely brushed off Chroma and excused a frame exclusive feature as a passive (yes, Equinox has the same, but her's only matters at the very beginning of a mission).

Edited by LazerSkink

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

When giving every frame a passive, DE completely brushed off Chroma

False. At the time of Chroma's release, his element-changing passive was revolutionary in Warframe. No other frame to date (or since, really) has had the ability to swap to different elements and reconfigure what his powers do.

I think the trouble players are having with Chroma's passive is that it only gives player agency outside of the mission. It can only really take effect in the boring time between missions and a player's direct actions in-mission don't affect his passive (although affecting his passive outside of missions should probably affect how players use Chroma in missions). That, and most passives (especially some of the flashier ones released in U18) are conditionals ("if this/ then this"), and Chroma's sort of isn't. Some players have this expectation on what a passive ability should and shouldn't be, and Chroma's passive isn't meeting that expectation.

Personally, I think it's fine. Not all passives are created equal, and that's okay. The important thing is that a frame works holistically as a unit, and I believe Chroma does it pretty well. I don't play much Chroma (though that may change now that I have access to his augments), but I really like being able to bring those different elements into different missions and allow Chroma to do a host of different things. And if we were to give him a "real passive", how would we still have this one? Would he have two?