Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit Feedback

Cattlefish

It can be interesting in concept but if you pile it into an event, people are just going to grind their brains out on it, and they;re going to hate it. On top of that, being a new game mode, it's going to be riddled with issues that will take a while to fix, a wait during which people will still be grinding that mission.

Release the new game modes, iron out the kinks (or at least the big ones), and THEN put an event onto it. I'm certain the result will be far better.

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It can be interesting in concept but if you pile it into an event, people are just going to grind their brains out on it, and they;re going to hate it. On top of that, being a new game mode, it's going to be riddled with issues that will take a while to fix, a wait during which people will still be grinding that mission.

Release the new game modes, iron out the kinks (or at least the big ones), and THEN put an event onto it. I'm certain the result will be far better.

Switch Teleported from Feedback]General to Feedback]Missions & Levels.

I see your point, but I disagree with you.

An Event will definitly get the people to play it, probably alot, and thus it is ( in theory ) the best way to get feedback.

Nevertheless I think the gamemode wasn´t ready in the sligthest to see the light. DE should have worked on diversion way more before releasing it.

Edited by Kuestenjung

I mean with this mode at least I wouldn't play it anyway. Who seriously thought it was a good idea to take the worst parts of survival, excavation and rescue and put them together then multiply the bad? I agree with the general idea though, I'd rather the game mode come first for some bug testing so the event is more overall enjoyable. 

3 hours ago, Eldritchkitty said:

I mean with this mode at least I wouldn't play it anyway. Who seriously thought it was a good idea to take the worst parts of survival, excavation and rescue and put them together then multiply the bad? I agree with the general idea though, I'd rather the game mode come first for some bug testing so the event is more overall enjoyable. 

Done with the Index, people hated that. They played it to death in the preview then hated being forced to do it again for the Glast Gambit.

I don't have any issues with the game mode.

10 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

I see your point, but I disagree with you.

An Event will definitly get the people to play it, probably alot, and thus it is ( in theory ) the best way to get feedback.

People will also play a new game mode a lot simply because it's a new game mode.

I know how absolutely annoying this mission is now! 

Spent 30 mins reading about the mission and everything I read was negative.
I thought "What could be so bad?" so me and my friend went about doing the missions and after a few hours of the tedious missions, his quest was completed and he received "Nidus Blueprint".

Buuuut the Icing on the cake was, my quest line hadn't progressed one bit... So not only were the missions the most tedious bs I've ever come across but I'm forced to do it again if I want that BP. 

[For Testing Purposes] 

Frames running the quest: Rhino Prime and Equinox. 

[Other issues] 
Quest line could have been to do with the infected a little more. (IT WAS BORING) 
All types of enemies (Float around, Phase through walls, Stutter back and forth and other weird movements) occasionally.
Talking sequence at the start can't be skipped. (Just let us throw credits away without listening to them speak)

When DE made this game, it was their soul, their baby, their culmination of their failed experiment years ago that never got to rise to it's potential. That idea changed, and when they spend hours working and writing and thinking and trying to make it as air tight as possible while knowing it's all in vain, they want you experience it. This game wasn't designed to be blasted through in a few hours. It doesn't suffer the problem that Destiny or The Division did, where in 30 hours of gameplay you're in the end game. It's meant to be experienced, and they don't want to give you the new shinies for nothing. While I agree with your sentiment of it being boring, the story is there for a reason, not as an option, and I understand why it isn't skippable.

As to any glitches, I didn't experience any. It could have to do with your latency, and your lack of progress could be because he was farther in the quest than you.

I also fail to believe everything you read was negative. If you decided to only read negative reviews of the quest, then maybe, but that's on you.

It was late and I was annoyed so "everything I read being negative" was more of an exaggerated comment but even so the Wiki is filled with a lot of negativity (5 pages of mainly negative comments with a handful of middle ground people and a pinch of positive people). 

As for progress we both spoke to Glast at the relay at the same time, both accepted the mission, both made it primary quest line and both went in together. 

Latency could of been a factor. 

It does sadden me that we can't better understand these Mycologists Myconians and exactly how this Triuna thing works. As far as I can infer, it's probably just that Neewa has a Helminth Cyst and that's used to further culture other bizarre Infested technology. On the other hand, it does fit in well with the Perrin Sequence's Corpus roots and all the profit that you will be dealing with throughout the Index challenges.

• 1 month later...

Ok i'm seriously pissed.

Forget the fact that you have to keep running the index like 6 times in this quest, why tf does there have to be a 10 point victory margin? I have literally done that round 8 times and every single time i literally lose in the last 5 seconds. On the latest try i went right to the last round, and on the last 3 (LAST THREE FKING SECONDS), i was up by exactly 10 points and they managed to tie, and i lost the match.

I have been playing WF for 3 years on and off, this single mission is the first time i have legitimately been mad at this game. You can only imagine getting so damn close to completing the mission and then nah fk it you lose cause haha 10 point victory margin.

This is terrible design and I don't even know why this exists.

Sorry for the rambling but i am just absolutely disgusted by this questline.

7 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Nah the ending sucked on that one too.

You mean, the ending that gave the cephalons actual character and displayed their main motives?
As well as being the ending that revealed some more of the lore behind cephalons, and how they are all interconnected?

The fact that you have to win by a limited score shows that they know this mode is badly designed and would just be a faceroll-fest if they just asked you to win with whatever margin.

So they did the same thing as every game studio nowadays. Added a criteria to artificially increase the "difficulty".

If you're having trouble with Glast Gambit and the 10 point lead, the key is to get 10 points ahead and then stop fighting. The bots don't kill eachother very well, you can just lurk somewhere and do maintenance on your score.  The player killing loads of guys is where big point totals come from, left to their own devices the bots will only get 1 or 2 points at a time.

2 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

You mean, the ending that gave the cephalons actual character and displayed their main motives?
As well as being the ending that revealed some more of the lore behind cephalons, and how they are all interconnected?

I judge quests by how enjoyable the gameplay is. Lore in Warframe is average at its best anyway, when compared to all the games out there. The quest failed to make me actually want to save Suda. The only motivation I had during the quest was the free riven I got since I already had Octavia purchased at that point. I also think that the Cephalons being connected wasn't even a surprise in the slightest. The Cephalon weave is like the internet for us IRL, with the exception of the Cephalons existing within it. If you bring it down to grass roots level, Cephalons are AI search engines lmao.

58 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I judge quests by how enjoyable the gameplay is. Lore in Warframe is average at its best anyway, when compared to all the games out there. The quest failed to make me actually want to save Suda. The only motivation I had during the quest was the free riven I got since I already had Octavia purchased at that point. I also think that the Cephalons being connected wasn't even a surprise in the slightest. The Cephalon weave is like the internet for us IRL, with the exception of the Cephalons existing within it. If you bring it down to grass roots level, Cephalons are AI search engines lmao.

I enjoyed the gameplay i it more then almost any other quest in the game >.>

It made me want to save Suda just to spite Simaris, Also, did you think at any point before the quest that the cephalons were connected in any way? I just thought of them as digital entities with their individual obsessions. Yes, once you learn of it, its not really a surprise, but before you wouldn't think of it.

They also would be fully sentient beings within the internet >.> Not just AI search engines...

18 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

Also, did you think at any point before the quest that the cephalons were connected in any way?

How would they be able to communicate with each other? It's not like they can just walk up to each other and be like ''Sup m8!''

Also in the Jordas Precept quest Jordas was fully aware that there are multiple corrupted Cephalons like him, suggesting that they're all connected.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

How would they be able to communicate with each other? It's not like they can just walk up to each other and be like ''Sup m8!''

Also in the Jordas Precept quest Jordas was fully aware that there are multiple corrupted Cephalons like him, suggesting that they're all connected.

Corrupt cephalons doesn't suggest that they are connected at all, just that they are able to be corrupted, or have been corrupted by the infested individually.

They would be able to communicate with each other like anyone else> > Radio and transmissions over a normal frequency, like how The Lotus communicates with us, or just normal Ordis. Just because they can communicate with each other before, doesn't mean they are connected