Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Telos Boltace:

The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.

• This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
  • The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
  • The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
  • This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

Ehmm... a very very important quality of life question here. Can I still use Telos Boltace as a can opener for easier search of syndicate medalions? Cuzz that's about the only thing I used it for because of how much more bearable daily farms were thanks to that.

Sometimes I wonder if DE even plays their own game. At this point no one is going to use launchers because self damage is @(*()$ terrible. It's why the Javlok flopped when it could have been fun / good.

Oh well, back to using other AoE non self damage weapons, good bye Tonkor you will be missed. DE never learns.

2 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Seriously. I've been in love with Attica since it released, just based on the design, and it's continued to get buffed into a formidable weapon.

I was overjoyed when its Rivens got buffed, but I never expected this. I'm just sad now since I don't have a crit-based Riven.

Muahahahahaha. I do. It adds critical chance, damage, and negative ammo. Which is fine now with the buff to ammo 

Oh god, thank you so much DE <3

So many weapons I've forma'd and potato'd that I can finally get some real use out of, and now I can finally use the Tonkor, Simulor and Boltace again without feeling like I'm using some sort of exploit.

I also love how these aren't straight up nerfs. The new mechanics actually sound very interesting. I like the idea of the detonate on Simulors being more useful, and I'm extremely happy to hear the Tonkor got some grenade physics changes.

If you have invested into a nerfed weapon, when the Update releases there will be an Inbox message generated on Login to give you a single 3 day Affinity Booster and a Forma per owned weapon to reconfigure your weapons as you see fit!

IS THIS A JOKE??

Oh and for those crying bloody murder on the Tonkor. Get a (Secura) Penta. And put one of those babies on it:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tether_Grenades

The description doesn't say it outright, but it also nulls self-damage. Add the Ferrox shackle effect (was doing it months before the Ferrox, but W/E) and the remote detonation inherent to the Penta, and I'm gonna have to ask you why are you still using a Tonkor.

One less slot for customization in comparison, yeah, but for those advantages? More than worth it <3

1 minute ago, Divinehero said:

what nerf? i don't see anything on patch notes? or is that an upcoming one

Just now, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

I'm lost too

from this thread

• The Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.
  • The Tonkor Grenade trajectory line now appears on holding the fire button (Default Left Mouse), and grenade fires on release.
  • The Maximum lifespan of grenade has dropped from 5 to 3 seconds - grenades are quicker to explode
  • Genades bounce lower and explode sooner, making them more likely to explode where they are shot.
  • The Critical Chance has been reduced to 25%.

I simply can´t figure out why everybody seems to be hyping the sh*t out of this....

This is how it looks :nerd:to me (correct if i´m actually wrong):

Miter: utterly unusable --> just not good

Harpak: slightly below average --> (slightly) above average / harpoon of any kind seems like "let´s put some crap on it, maybe they like it this time...":facepalm:

Hind: Err... Stats? did i miss something?

Panthera: utterly unusable --> just not good

Paracyst: don´t care:sleep:

Mutalist Quanta: don´t care:sleep:

Buzlok: rofl don´t care:sleep:

Glaxion: "reduced range" ?!?!?! insert random curse [here]

Ogris: "The direct Impact damage of the projectile has been decreased to 100." I hope this is as wayne as it looks, still... considering that this weapon is the embodiment of disadvantages... nevertheless ... OGRIS FOR LIVE ... and thx...:clap:

Attica: yay REBUILDING now <3 .... :facepalm:

Tonkor: well deserved, maybe 30% crit would have been enough though.

(Synoid) Simulor: wrecked... I guess after i get that compensation i´m gonna sell it...:credits::credits:

Telos Boltace: Take away the cooldown and i may be okay with it. YAY just forma'd it one more(!) time<3:facepalm:

very glad to see some movement in terms of balancing "bad" weapons.

but on that note i do not understand why the actucal problem (enemy scaling) is not touched before this is done?

for the forma get back thing, please all or nothing. because as it stand it suggests you "just tweak" the weapon if you get us one forma. in realitly these changes are very sustantial if going live. they change the playstyle of the weapons or/and make them sometimes not attatrative for players meaning they would have not put catalyst and formas into them at the first place if these sttats would have been there from the beginning...

I love that Ogris change, since it seemed like it should've been the powerhouse, rocket launcher in the explosive launcher category. Good thing I invested in it. Though well this mean that nightwatch napalm well be indirectly buffed by Orgris' new range? Hopefully yes, it would've also been a good investment in farming it.

Speaking about Orgris' new range, and full self damage on tonkor while at it, why not give a universal self damage percentage on launchers instead of full damage? Like how Elytrons warhead ability only inflicts 30% of total damage to the user.

Edit: did some quick math, new Tonkor will still be strong enough to either be on par with new Ogris or slightly edge out in pure damage, but a status Ogris would probably be more reliable than a crit Tonkor or damage Ogris in long runs.

Edited by Wreck_Dum