[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Weapon Balance Pass.

Pyus    2,009
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results.

I just got out of an Orokin Neo Fissue, where as Mag, I was using the Miter. I remembered about that Weapon Augment idea about giving the Miter a chance to pop nullifer shields. 

Were these weapon augment mod ideas shelved?

Also, I am pretty sure the Synoid Simulor and the vanilla one do not have the same explosion range of a combination event. That is one of the first things I noticed when Synoid Simulor was released, and partly what made it so useful.  

Edited by Pyus
  • Upvote 42

Xekrin    9,272
1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Like the Miter, the Panthera is a killer idea with lackluster execution. We've made the following changes:

Please consider also making it switch modes using alt-fire as well.  Please read

• Upvote 52

-Shikari-    490
Posted (edited)

This. This is what we all wanted. Thank you so much for starting to look at this! 
And that Tonkor change, perfect. thank you.

Edited by EnterTheShikari
  • Upvote 42

theclinton    7,295

Changes seem cool to me tbh 

The Boltace changes could be very fun and interesting

• Upvote 33

wffls1    116

I have rivens for like half of the buffed weapons and was tempted to sell them but I'm so excited to use them now. Thanks, DE!

• Upvote 22

Hemmo67    4,521
6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Tonkor now deals self-damage like all other launchers.

YEEES

• Upvote 37

Owlski    43

Glad to see these changes.
Will definitely have to go back and revisit these weapons!

• Upvote 3

Stormdragon    3,940
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Telos Boltace:

The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.

• This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
  • The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
  • The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
  • This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

Curious about telos boltace changes, probably I'll get to like it now. About the tonkor... LET IT FALL!!! It's had been too long since rocket jump became obsolete, so the weapon has finally been sent to where it belongs as expected >:D

7 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Please consider also making it switch modes using alt-fire as well.  Please read

That can only make weapons like euphona prime way too slow. I wouldn't mind such change as long as there's also a way to keep things as they are. 

Edited by -Stormdragon
  • Upvote 13

Punchedface    591
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Toppus Kekkus

Edit:

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Telos Boltace:

The only melee entry on the list is the Telos Boltace.

• This weapon is receiving a bit more of a mechanic change rather than a purely numerical change.
  • The Slide attack will create a vortex that staggers and draws enemies toward you.
  • The following Slide attack (after a vortex) will radial blast and ragdoll enemies away from you.
  • This 'back and forth' will be on a cooldown.

As long as it still helps clean up randomly scattered junk crates, I see no problem with this

Edited by Punchedface
Added
  • Upvote 27

Posted (edited)

:heart::heart::heart:

Legitimately love all these changes. Even the rebalances to the broken weapons.

Sadly this says just how poorly done Rivens were done. Seeing how they were meant to buff older weapons like this already. Though I guess Better Rivens are waiting on Damage 3.0 before they can work as intended.

Edited by corporatePaladin
  • Upvote 18

these changes are actually good and well thought out nice to see these guns get some better stats, now my ogris will be even better.

• Upvote 7