Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

Just now, Your_Very_Best_Friend said:

Oh boy please let it be Umbra

Steve recently said on twitter that he wouldn't just "crap out" Umbra, and has always maintained he will be part of a larger cinematic quest. I don't think Umbra Excal is going to be a regular frame release. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Steve recently said on twitter that he wouldn't just "crap out" Umbra, and has always maintained he will be part of a larger cinematic quest. I don't think Umbra Excal is going to be a regular frame release. 

That said, wouldn't it be pretty insane if DE kept an entire quest completely in the shadows until launch?

Actually, given the outrage with the last quest's delays, that would be a smart move.

Hrm, I guess I can really make only three guesses as to what the next Warframe will be, due to the image.

1) A Warframe meant to highlight the Orokin this time around, due to the manuscript. Not sure why they'd do that though if they absolutely despise the Tenno and fear them to a degree, and I'd imagine having a Warframe based on your "perfect" culture would be seen more as an insult than a compliment, so I'd throw that one out the window.

2) A gaseous Warframe, based on smoke, steam or inhalants of some kind (please be Steampunkframe). I'd assume this one would be the most plausible out of the three, as we really don't have a "smoke" Warframe aside from Ash's effects (which I don't really feel count), so this one's up in the air. Though, since we have Saryn, I'd see their themes clashing, so it may also be a no go.

3) A ghost Warframe. Probably the simplest and most expected out of the three suggestions, yet definitely the least likely, as we already have Limbo somewhat fulfilling such a role. We already have a ton of other invisible Warframes, and I can't imagine DE letting us go through walls or possessing enemies anytime soon, so I can't say this one's possible aside from the idea being really cool.

Also, I seriously doubt it's Umbra. I'd imagine they're still trying to keep him on the down low, and since they stated thirty-third, I'm willing to bet they meant a whole different Warframe, as Umbra will most likely just be a reskin, unfortunately.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hoping for a male frame, and before someone says so, it really isn't confirmed yet what gender it will be. Octavia was going to be before Nidus to balance out genders, but then she took so long to make that that fell through, so who knows. 

I would love to see a hacker frame or something. Just something really cool and futuristic after the very organic frame that was Nidus. 

It does say he is coming, so it will probably be male. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

It does say he is coming, so it will probably be male. 

It says so in this thread's title, but I don't see it in the official picture he posted. I would love to be proven wrong. If he took "he is coming" from an official source and someone can show me, I would be very happy indeed. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

It says so in this thread's title, but I don't see it in the official picture he posted. I would love to be proven wrong. If he took "he is coming" from an official source and someone can show me, I would be very happy indeed. 

The tennobet in the picture translates to behold the thirty-third, he is coming. I know for sure because I translated it myself to be sure. 

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hoping for a male frame, and before someone says so, it really isn't confirmed yet what gender it will be. Octavia was going to be before Nidus to balance out genders, but then she took so long to make that that fell through, so who knows. 

I would love to see a hacker frame or something. Just something really cool and futuristic after the very organic frame that was Nidus. 

Wasn't Octavia just that? All tech? 

Just now, aligatorno said:

Wasn't Octavia just that? All tech? 

Yeah, but not really what I was looking for. 

The concept is cool, and I know a lot of people love who she is and how she works but... the whole music frame thing just doesn't really appeal to me much. Plus for RP reasons I just don't really play female frames either, apart from trying them out upon release. ; P

4 minutes ago, maj.death said:

I hope we never get Umbra. I don't want none of that Chinaframe seeping its way into the game and lore. I hope for an entirely new frame. I need moar.

Too late, Steve's got all the details worked already.

Edited by NightmareT12

7 minutes ago, maj.death said:

I hope we never get Umbra. I don't want none of that Chinaframe seeping its way into the game and lore. I hope for an entirely new frame. I need moar.

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

NezhaNewLook.png  WukongNewIcon.png

none of any more

Edited by maj.death

I reckon that this will potentially be the Arbiter's of Hexis quest frame. we've had New Loka (Titania), Perrin Sequence (Nidus) and Cephalon Suda (Octavia) quests, I reckon this frame will be part of a quest that delves deeper into the Arbiters and the "truth" they are seeking. what is this truth? why are they obsessed with the Tenno? how do they hope to make us active members of society and not just glorified mercenaries operating brightly-coloured killing machines? motives of the other Syndicates are clear: Perrin wants Peace through Profit, New Loka wants a restored earth, and Suda wants Knowledge. but do the arbiters want us to prove we can do more than just kill, or are they some kind of Equal rights campaigners for the Tenno? are they perhaps Scholars who want to create a new Orokin Empire, but with the Tenno fully integrated and respected as part of it? this quest would hopefully answer some of these questions.

I imagine the Arbiters would give us some kind of Warrior themed frame, maybe taking inspiration form Ancient Spartans, or Gladiators, or Samurai? a versatile frame that can kill, buff, CC and tank, a jack of all trades? whatever it will be, I'm sure it's exciting!