Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

I don't think saying you will buy the frame proves a point. Would have been best to leave that out.

From the looks of things, they plan to do the same thing they did with saryn and ash, fix the minor stuff, but never POLISH everything, so it feels like an actual good thing, like the newer frames are getting.

These reworks are half..... yeah, and same goes with snipers and other things. Either do it right in the first place, or expect to have to redo it again in the future, or abandon it all together.

It's kinda obvious at this point that they simply don't like that frame, and if creator doesn't like something, he wont lift a finger to make it awesome, he will simply abandon it, just like DE did, leaving oberon useless as he always was.

Edited by Shining_Darkness

1 hour ago, Shining_Darkness said:

It's kinda obvious at this point that they simply don't like that frame, and if creator doesn't like something, he wont lift a finger to make it awesome, he will simply abandon it, just like DE did, leaving oberon useless as he always was.

Man, I really hate how I can't bring myself to argue this point. It really does look that way. DE seems to be trying to put the bare-bone minimal effort in regarding Oberon.

If they dislike him, which does seem to be the case, then us as a community bugging and irritating them until they fix him becomes even more important.

Hopefully we can get one last push to smooth out his rough spots.

Edited by KX297

13 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

The weird thing is I've noticed Oberon is a great boss killer. HG/Renewal for armor and chip damage, and Smite. I can generally burn through kela's phases with two or three smites each. Wondering how sortie kela will work out with him. I know sortie Raptor was 'three smites each and they go boom.'

Yep I realise Smite is actually good for some Corpus Boss fight, because of the damage type of Smite is 50% impact+ 50% radiation, but I doubt it'll work against Grineer with their high armor scaling.

32 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

DE will do him a final justice when they find out nobody actually buy Oberon Prime Access lol

I doubt it. 

There are those who have purchased every prime access and will continue to do so. 

DE will sell prime access regardless of the frame. Will they possibly sell less? Maybe.

But it will sell, that much can be said. 

Though, if they wanted to sell more, I can agree that polishing him over would aid in their profits. 

10 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Definitely works against Kela. Worked pretty OK against Sortie reygor.

It's how I killed the Level 120 Juggernaut in the last Council Design Mission.

No gun? No problem. 

Just spam the shizzles out of Smite.

On 5/11/2017 at 0:35 PM, Leonix13 said:

At this point I've given up on Oberon... He was my most used frame, but its clear their vision for him is less than focused or in line with my idea of what he should be.

after 2 weeks and no major improvement. Sure that they have abandoned him

On 5/10/2017 at 10:18 PM, MirageKnight said:

As a number of people have said here, Oberon is certainly better than he was before, but he still feels rather unfinished. More to the point, it feels like they just slapped together some changes as quickly as possible before the current Prime Access ends and they have to reveal Oberon Prime. I certainly appreciate the fact that Smite and HG scale better than before and that HG covers a better area...but Lotus almighty...the forced interactions between abilities to get buffs and debuffs you used to get with casting just ONE ability by itself is just annoying, tedious, and energy consuming. Yeah that buff to Oberon's energy pool to counter that is nice, but it's only a band aid solution and doesn't resolve the problem that Oberon is far more of an energy hog than he ever used to be. He used to be able to do long range heals and bleedout extensions...help anyone nearly anywhere; now he has to either keep pace with everyone else running around or everyone has to huddle fairly close to him for heals and bleedout extension. At this point, the bleedout extension is a bit of a moot point seeing as how short the range of Renewal is now, you can still fairly easily get to a player and revive them in time WITHOUT the need for said bleedout extension even if they were within range of Renewal. On Renewal's ability to heal Shadow's and other minions...it's a nice touch but God's teeth it's a drain on energy.

All us Oberon fans are asking for and would like to see is for you devs to put as much thought and polish into Oberon's kit as you more than likely have done with his upcoming Primed model.

I cant stand the "gotta hug my group and cast and recast and hope they are near me" BS with his buffs.  I also hate how I gotta make sure my 2 is up before I put on 3 or lol no armor buff, and just omfg, its clunky, and as you said, time and energy consuming......plus, plain annoying as S#&$.

His #3 needs to be the armor buff and the Tenno Affinity range needs to be used for his buffs.  In the middle of these battles in WF, there is no time to go "hey, stop for a few seconds, while I cast my buffs on you"....but the time I get that out, and get near each other and get the spells up, lol....

As much as I hate nerfing the reworked Oberon, I found some interesting features...

I casted (Hallowed Ground) + (Renewal) = (Iron Renewal), this remained on for quite a long while. After about 20 minutes, somebody was incapacitated. I know my Renewal extends the timer by 99.4% and I saw the number 60.

"Huh, 60 seconds? Not bad..."

20170512151629_1_by_g_haze-db8zy6w.jpg

But then it stayed at 60, and I had a better look.

60:36...

60:35...

60:34...

That 60 was in minutes. Dat boi was bleeding out in an hour. I asked my friend to kill himself, still 60.

20170512145706_1_by_g_haze-db8zy7b.jpg

I don't want to nerf mah boi Groot Oberon, but I don't think this bug is fine with the game. It's not game breaking, but it does have troll potential. I only hope he gets justly compensated when it does get fixed.

Here is my build:

Sustainable DPS + Healer

20170513061825_1_by_g_haze-db8zy7k.jpg

Bonus Bug:

20170513065149_1_by_g_haze-db9017e.jpg

Edited by G-Haze

It used to prevent bleedout at 100% but after a few 5-10 seconds it would initiate the bleedout again to where it was left off.
I was interested in the potential of this ability when I saw the description on Old Oberon, but now that I see your example with the new one, I can only see it has a complete mess of an ability.

That doesn't seem intentional.  Devs probably overlooked it.

How would this have troll potential?   You mean players would not bother to revive someone because they will assume that they have plenty of time to do it, so they will simply procrastinate on reviving people and continue playing?

4 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

That doesn't seem intentional.  Devs probably overlooked it.

How would this have troll potential?   You mean players would not bother to revive someone because they will assume that they have plenty of time to do it, so they will simply procrastinate on reviving people and continue playing?

You know that Troll don't accidently troll, as soon as someone die they'll just pop it up and let it run for the next 2-5 minutes until someone decide that it's enough. The player will be stuck on the ground doing nothing until someone decides to do something.

Don't forget that the mission aren't always joined with 4 players, you could very much find yourself alone with a Oberon teammates and be stuck for the next hour doing nothing for dying by accident. ( This could potentially trigger the Afk system and prevent YOU from getting your due rewards simply because the oberon waited beside extraction for 2 minutes )

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

He means if someone dies you can stop them reviving themselves (precursor, by casting this with the augment on) as the timer effectively bars them from doing anything other than Aborting. Or Alt+F4, pick your poison.

Combine this with how sketchy Sacrifice is to activate, and the fact that people often ignore players downed. Certainly in the Pub lobby runs I get put into, this kind of behaviour is only one step away.

This was an existing bug which only occurred with 200% or more duration. (You can still do it on console.) The thing that stopped it was Renewal's duration being short, so the ideal was to get exactly 200% duration, so you could essentially have a temporary stop to the timer. Infinite duration makes it more of an apparent thing.