The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst way to fail a mission?

mosaickle

49 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Don't go there please, i did that mission solo, i did not even know that there will be a juggernaut, and killed him alone in less than 5 min

That mission was so **** easy

What can I say : Congratulation, maybe?

It was still a failure on my part due to my underestimation of the council, I never did expect they'd just unleash hell at wave 0 so I left too early and got us all killed.
Yes, the mission was awfully easy, and I still managed to fail it since I was being too cocky. That's what this thread is about so with all due respect, I AM going to go there.

I blame RNG on mine... a few days ago i was leveling my stuff on Sedna Kappa, so i only had a dagger with coverth lethality but also unranked with loki and an unranked primary and secondary. As soon as i spawn and break the crates around me, lotus tells me to abort mission because the grustrag 3... i failed because they outpowered me... i tried it again yeah? Same loadout whatever. Arbiters of Hex come at me and kills me... whatever... i check my loadout, didnr change anything but potato my dagger cus i had forgotten to do so. And join my mission again and boom... freaking stalker... so i failed the same mission three times, unranked weapons and squishy frame trying to level up my stuff for MR lol. Havent played Kappa since... makes me think, Kappa was trolling me. Get it? Kappa? No? Okay. ):

Starting pub fissure mobile defense.

Finally load into mission

Start killing enemies failing to realize that someone both rushed the terminal and that the terminal is almost dead.

10 seconds later terminal dies

Mission failed.

Edited by Madway7

11 hours ago, Fliktor06 said:

Worst way to fail a mission...

Go solo with Ogris or any weapon capable of self-damage and accidently shoot too close to yourself too many times...  It puzzles me why weapons like Tigris Prime can do 100x more damage and you won't have to worry about doing self-damage.  Even the Synoid can't do self-damage and it's an aoe weapon.

Tigris doesn't do self-damage because it's not an explosive weapon.

Simulor doesn't do self-damage because of its limited projectile range.

I once played a survival mission, and I realized that my life support was at 3%, so I quickly run to a nearest personal life support module.

And from nowhere, a wild scavenger drone appears.... JUST as I was about to use it.

Of course, I died soon after.

I remember when me and a few friends on a T3/T4 Defense failed at around wave 19 because were were bored and standing around some corrupted dude stuck up in a tree thinking he was the only one alive, we were not aware of that one laser MOA that spawned, waltzed up to our pod and shredded the thing in 10 seconds, because "muh OP Lazor beams"

We wern't even mad. xD Although to this day, I will never look at a MOA the same way again, they're cheeky beeki bastards, I tell you.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

While this isn't a failed mission, it is a failed riven.

I was in Akkad trying to complete the challenge where you have to keep the pod from taking damage, so I used Ember. Last wave, hyping up the riven, the lights start flickering. In my mind I'm thinking,"Stalker, why me? Why now?" I keep him away from the pod, but my range isn't big enough to keep a charger from touching it. I fail and Stalker kills me. 

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

Sortie spy missions, not lua, but regular spy mission.

Then fail because people have yet to lean to do them and think sorties is a good place to practice.

This triggers me more than it should, but ffs if you are new to the game and unsure about a certain tile set just say so, and stand still and wait for help.

Doing defense missions for animo beacons,  ambulas spawns, gets killed and when you try to hack it... you glitch and hacking screen doesnt pop up...you die...  and when revived are stuck in hacking animation as you watch your friends die 1 by 1 while youre stuck in a corner.  Ambulas comes back online attacking defense target... and nearly destroys it. 

solo sortie mission success got pistol riven mod, network not responding on reward screen > back to login screen > login back sortie mission was not completed reward gone and after repeat got zenuric lens. bummer

Playing mobile defense mission and the objective is bugged or fall under the map - instant fail.

Playing with randoms and those dying just in that one min when you went to the toilet and the objective destroyed.

Playing a random mission and your character fall under the map or in a loop scene and you cannot /unstuck.

Playing survival mission with peoples and lost your all revive and suddenly when your oxigene gone some high level mob stuns and knock down you until you die just near the extraction point.

(experimented) when you trying to do a rank up and various bugs stopping you to achieve it. Noone lost the hacking objective? Then I can tell you I did it 2 times because the hacking console bugged and not let me hack it.

Playing on any mission but you need to go to the toilet and you already got good mods and stuffs.

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

While this isn't a failed mission, it is a failed riven.

I was in Akkad trying to complete the challenge where you have to keep the pod from taking damage, so I used Ember. Last wave, hyping up the riven, the lights start flickering. In my mind I'm thinking,"Stalker, why me? Why now?" I keep him away from the pod, but my range isn't big enough to keep a charger from touching it. I fail and Stalker kills me. 

Ouch

On 2017. 05. 01. at 0:39 AM, Xekrin said:

I read the title and immediately started wracking my brain trying to come up with a story to tell.  Read this and nope, nothing tops this.  That is the worst way to fail a mission indeed.

I feel for you though, I'm fairly certain I've done the same once or twice.  Or at least done so in a squad and died and had to be rezzed.

Sortie defense mission last wave, grineer with increase armor.

10 enemies left when limbo goes afk makes the operator vulnerable to gunfire while the team got moved down by ice eximus bombard and the leftover heavy gunners.

Woohoo. Had my own super salty sortie fail last night.

The defence. Wave 10. Nearly finished. No idea what happened. The defense target went down. Everyone rushes to revive them. Everyone goes down. Fail. Shocking.

To add insult to injury I was Trinity :blush::blush::blush:

The silver lining was at least I could post something in this thread in the morning :)

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo