Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Kunai Augment A Joke?

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

how about making a suggestion to make the mod better instead of just saying, "THIS SUCKS!"?

Well, the subtext of my post already suggested that they could have given it more maximum ammo instead of increased magazine size. I also said so other places in this thread. But I guess you only read the first post. 

Also, myself and many others gave other suggestions like, over a year ago, when these augments were first teased. DE was told this augment was useless, we gave ideas, and they went with what many thought back then had to just be a placeholder anyways. They didn't listen to any feedback on these. They essentially released them just as they teased ages ago. 

We already gave the feedback. They didn't care. 

19 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well, the subtext of my post already suggested that they could have given it more maximum ammo instead of increased magazine size. I also said so other places in this thread. But I guess you only read the first post. 

Bigger clip increases ammo, or do all those extra shots dont count?

And, yes, i am replying to the OP because this thread was just one page. You should state your case on the OP and not later on.

Also, myself and many others gave other suggestions like, over a year ago, when these augments were first teased. DE was told this augment was useless, we gave ideas, and they went with what many thought back then had to just be a placeholder anyways. They didn't listen to any feedback on these. They essentially released them just as they teased ages ago. 

We already gave the feedback. They didn't care. 

This is true. 

The crowning point for me was when Hydroid's 1st got cast-on-the-run when Reb finally got around to playing him while people, including me, were suggesting this forever. And recently when his 1st lost the ability to be affected by range mods. 

But continue to give ideas and hope they read instead of just posting,"THIS SUCKS!" to make it more visible. 

Well there is the Embolist augment, that has more magzine capacity than you can carry. So yeah, nothing really amazing. Also while on topic of event mod, The only mods worth picking up are Sacrifice and Obex Augment. The Miter augment is situational, So if you like Miter and hate Nullies, go for it, else it's lackluster. So only 3 mods that are even worth discussing.

Tho If there are hidden effects I would love to know.

6 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Every single one of these augments are uninspired or just plain terrible.

I mean come on who the hell uses charge attacks on Silva & Aegis? Who uses charge attack at all?

First they denied us the S&A buff that was supposed to come with the Tubemen update and now they gave us a charge attack augment

The Silva one might actually be good; the Truth effect does gas damage and heals you, and the weapon itself does pure fire damage with a good status chance, so you can make it into a decent gas weapon very easily. I'm experimenting with it and seeing if it might be a good fit for Saryn.

8 hours ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

Call me silly but what if the augment made missed kunais into a spike in the floor so when a greneer walks over it they drop their gun grab their foot while jumping on one leg because he got stabbed in the foot . be a great augment

Yes please. I would buy this so fast.

48 minutes ago, Jabarto said:

The Silva one might actually be good; the Truth effect does gas damage and heals you, and the weapon itself does pure fire damage with a good status chance, so you can make it into a decent gas weapon very easily. I'm experimenting with it and seeing if it might be a good fit for Saryn.

Syndicate proc alone won't be able to save the weapon. By the time you stacked enough damage by blocking and then using a charge attack you could've killed a lot more things with any other melee. The stat is so terrible, the only weapon that is worse than S&A stat-wise is the starting Skana, and it's only better by 10% status chance, in the end the Skana still outdamages it with Crimson Dervish on.

You'd better of going with the Twin Basolk, Secura Lecta or Lacera for a pure status melee. 

I know not every weapon needs to be good but I'm annoyed because S&A was supposed to be buffed a long time ago. It was the only weapon out of the 3 contest winners that's complete crap. Mios is good, and Kronen was good at release before the Boltace came. We didn't get the buff. And then they revealed the augment for the S&A months a year ago, we gave our feedback and then the mod gets released as-is without any change whatsoever.

Edited by TotallyLagging

21 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Syndicate proc alone won't be able to save the weapon. By the time you stacked enough damage by blocking and then using a charge attack you could've killed a lot more things with any other melee. The stat is so terrible, the only weapon that is worse than S&A stat-wise is the starting Skana, and it's only better by 10% status chance, in the end the Skana still outdamages it with Crimson Dervish on.

You'd better of going with the Twin Basolk, Secura Lecta or Lacera for a pure status melee. 

I know not every weapon needs to be good but I'm annoyed because S&A was supposed to be buffed a long time ago. It was the only weapon out of the 3 contest winners that's complete crap. Mios is good, and Kronen was good at release before the Boltace came. We didn't get the buff. And then they revealed the augment for the S&A months a year ago, we gave our feedback and then the mod gets released as-is without any change whatsoever.

I might be wrong, But iirc blocking increased crit and status chance?

The silva augment, is ok, But, I rarely use melee for melee, I tend to use my Redeemer most of the time (yes ik the Sarpa is better, But I don't like how it feels and looks), And if I really need to use  an actual melee I use broken war+crimson dervish or Atterax+primed reach+maiming strike.

Thing is if I use melee I use block alot, But I only use charged on redeemer, So, while my playstyle would be able to use the augment, But using charged attack is really inconvenient on any other wep than Redeemer.

1 hour ago, SharkPot said:

I might be wrong, But iirc blocking increased crit and status chance?

the the thing by the time you build that to a good percentage use you could have already killed it with any other melee weapon.

Suggestion. Why Not make the Kunai Augument act as...

By Throwing Kunai at floor it will create a small Zone for certain duration. When enemies walk upon the Zone, multiple enemies close to it will be stunned for the certain duration and be open for finishers. Also throwing it directly at enemy it will double the stun duration and make the enemy open for finisher but it affects only at that enemy.

21 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

All augments are extremely boring for weapons. IMO they should be permanent upgrades to our weapons that we can turn on and off, not mods that actually reduce weapon effectiveness if equipped.

As much as I know this kind of thinking would probably create more weapon balance problems down the line, I wholeheartedly agree.

in my personal opinion, which is worth less then wet tissue paper in the real world, I'd love if that is how Warframe had been from the start, where they had added some quirky things to all the weapons, as I'd regularly take them for a spin now and then, but right now, when the choice is mostly X DPS or Y DPS, I just settle on my "low recoil, fun effects" when ever I can find it.

All augments should be made in a way to create alternative builds for the weapon, not just band aid something or to be useless.

I think that the mitter augment is a nice example. It is extremely niche but allows you to build your mitter to fight Corpus, so the augment will be extremely specific but allows a different take on the weapon.

The kunai augment increases the magazine size on a weapon that has 0,8s reload time! It would be better if it created a effect when you reload for instance, like blind or blast proc.

This way the augment would be exploring the fast reload time and create the possibility to mod it in another way. 

On 4/5/2017 at 9:30 PM, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

Call me silly but what if the augment made missed kunais into a spike in the floor so when a greneer walks over it they drop their gun grab their foot while jumping on one leg because he got stabbed in the foot . be a great augment

why did this made me laught... oh Kung pow movie scene

On 5/5/2017 at 3:25 AM, TheGuyverOne said:

To be fair, there wasn't much feedback given after the devstream that they spoke about that in, so they didn't really have much to go on. We, as a community, should probably be a little more proactive in terms of feedback like that.

I think we can be reactive as long as the feedback is constructive.  I'd personally like to see something like a ricochet effect. The projectile could bounce off the initial target to up to four more targets but lose its damage by 15% percent with each ricochet.  

2 hours ago, Ryouhi said:

Honestly, all of the Syndicate mods of this Event are boring or seem ineffective, though the kunai ones surely takes the cake

There is one positive to all of this. Us console players now know we can skip the mods in advance.

The thought of grinding for all of them was making me not want the event at all. Haha

On 5.5.2017 at 6:30 PM, DSpite said:

As much as I know this kind of thinking would probably create more weapon balance problems down the line, I wholeheartedly agree.

in my personal opinion, which is worth less then wet tissue paper in the real world, I'd love if that is how Warframe had been from the start, where they had added some quirky things to all the weapons, as I'd regularly take them for a spin now and then, but right now, when the choice is mostly X DPS or Y DPS, I just settle on my "low recoil, fun effects" when ever I can find it.

None of the current augments are game breaking and if the mods were to be changed into upgrades, it would be easy to take it into account when implementing future augments.

33 minutes ago, ashrah said:

magazine size is big dps improvment..less reload more dmg

It has a very fast reload already. I think under a second. 

But yeah, seems like 80% of the augments are kinda lacking/boring for the syndicates. Hopefully we'll get some changes to them as a whole sometime.