Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Kunai Augment A Joke?

Am I missing something? +200% magazine capacity, that's it? The Kunai, with a reload time of .8s, did not need a bigger magazine for more sustained dps. That is not a good buff on a weapon that already has super fast reload. It doesn't do anything to increase its true uptime either, because this isn't an increase to overall ammo, just magazine capacity. Why did the devs think of this one stat to fixate on when trying to buff the Kunai with an augment, it just doesn't make sense to me... am I missing something? 

I know it has the Blight effect, but whatever the augment itself does beyond the syndicate effect should make sense for the weapon. I don't get why this was the choice made. 

Just now, VinDanger said:

even scott said it was boring on the devstream WAY BACK when they introduced these mods

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was meant as a placeholder at that time. It seems they haven't been able to invent another "peculiar" effect to go on par with the other augments of this cycle. They could have at least asked the community for ideas.

5 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

All augments are extremely boring for weapons. IMO they should be permanent upgrades to our weapons that we can turn on and off, not mods that actually reduce weapon effectiveness if equipped.

Thats a great idea mate :^)

22 minutes ago, Forcereborn said:

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was meant as a placeholder at that time. It seems they haven't been able to invent another "peculiar" effect to go on par with the other augments of this cycle. They could have at least asked the community for ideas.

To be fair, there wasn't much feedback given after the devstream that they spoke about that in, so they didn't really have much to go on. We, as a community, should probably be a little more proactive in terms of feedback like that.

3 minutes ago, MrMitchel said:

Not to mention the red veil already had a +200% magazine mod for the Embolist : /

We also have an entire armor set themed around the gun, and still no buff to the reserve ammo.

Too bad, guess I won't bother getting it.

On the other hand, if DE plans to change it into something interesting, I would like to suggest making missed Kunais draw enemies (like Ivara's noise arrow). Would be great distraction.

8 minutes ago, residente said:

Are you serious?
The team's lack of imagination is somehow fault of the community?

NO, we as a community shouldn't have beee a little more proactive, they just should have made a mod actually useful. Its not that hard to slap a +100% damage or +200% ammo maximum and call it a day. No, instead they went with the placeholder stat. Magazine capacity for a weapon with 0.8 reload speed.

I didn't say that it was our fault, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't put words in my mouth. You also fail to realize telling me we shouldn't be more proactive is basically telling me we should be more proactive because they used the placeholder stat, rather than going off of the feedback we DIDN'T give them.

Just because something they discuss on a devstream isn't final, doesn't mean we should hesitate to say something about it.

Edited by TheGuyverOne

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Does it work on despair?please tell me it works on despair :inlove:

it's a kunai augment, not just a throwing knives augment. it can only be equipped on kunai, the same way (for example) Valkyr's Eternal War augment can't be equipped on Ash. 

2 minutes ago, SharadzKharzhodi said:

it's a kunai augment, not just a throwing knives augment. it can only be equipped on kunai, the same way (for example) Valkyr's Eternal War augment can't be equipped on Ash. 

I thought despair was a variant of the kunai , so it would be like equipping supra augment on the vandal supra. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I thought despair was a variant of the kunai , so it would be like equipping supra augment on the vandal supra. 

Not necessarily. They're the Stalker's own customized weapons, which seem to be based on the Anku, Paris and Kunai, but unlike Vandals or Wraiths, which are just essentially spray-painted with a bit more love put into building them, the Stalker's weapons are more like Primes, where they go off of a completely different set of materials, parts, blueprints and way of crafting done long ago.

To put it in simpler terms, Vandals and Wraiths are considered variants because they are just the base gun with a few modifications and upgrades, while the Stalker's gear and Primes are obviously two completely different pieces of equipment.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Not necessarily. They're the Stalker's own customized weapons, which seem to be based on the Anku, Paris and Kunai, but unlike Vandals or Wraiths, which are just essentially spray-painted with a bit more love put into building them, the Stalker's weapons are more like Primes, where they go off of a completely different set of materials, parts, blueprints and way of crafting done long ago.

To put it in simpler terms, Vandals and Wraiths are considered variants because they are just the base gun with a few modifications and upgrades, while the Stalker's gear and Primes are obviously two completely different pieces of equipment.

Damn Damn Damn. Welp f that augment 

Every single one of these augments are uninspired or just plain terrible.

I mean come on who the hell uses charge attacks on Silva & Aegis? Who uses charge attack at all?

First they denied us the S&A buff that was supposed to come with the Tubemen update and now they gave us a charge attack augment

1 minute ago, TotallyLagging said:

Every single one of these augments are uninspired or just plain terrible.

I mean come on who the hell uses charge attacks on Silva & Aegis? Who uses charge attack at all?

First they denied us the S&A buff that was supposed to come with the Tubemen update and now they gave us a charge attack augment

The worst part is they leaked them a long time ago to get feedback, and the community proposed tons of ideas to improve all of these augments. 

However, contrary to all of our ideas, if I recall correctly, most of them have been changed none at all since they were leaked almost a year ago, or have only very slightly been modified. 

They pretty much didn't take any feedback into account. Even max ammo would have been better for the Kunai, as it doesn't need the benefit of bigger magazine with its fast reload speed. 

2 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

They're all bad. The lanka mod for example. A gas lanka already does AOE damage, no one is going to replace a riven/multishot/element/cc+cD to drop an electric trap after shooting a flying enemy.

Well, that Miter augment might not be too bad for Hieracon runs. 90% chance to completely destroy Nulli bubbles in addition to the Blast damage from the Justice effect? Might not be too bad. Certainly situational.

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Am I missing something? +200% magazine capacity, that's it? The Kunai, with a reload time of .8s, did not need a bigger magazine for more sustained dps. That is not a good buff on a weapon that already has super fast reload. It doesn't do anything to increase its true uptime either, because this isn't an increase to overall ammo, just magazine capacity. Why did the devs think of this one stat to fixate on when trying to buff the Kunai with an augment, it just doesn't make sense to me... am I missing something? 

I know it has the Blight effect, but whatever the augment itself does beyond the syndicate effect should make sense for the weapon. I don't get why this was the choice made. 

how about making a suggestion to make the mod better instead of just saying, "THIS SUCKS!"?