Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE make Auction house

GspotPRO

15 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

This only seems to me to be from someone trying to sell's perspective.

Buyers have to spend as much time in auction house as trade chat, don't they? Maybe more time.

?

Auction house is an afk system.  Set it and forget it.

Buyers and sellers would only have to give a minimum amount of time, much less than with the system we have now.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Trade chat should replace you playing, that is a feature. If you have trouble trading, no offense, but get better at it. Just because you want plat handed to you doesn't mean you should get it handed to you.

100% ^

There is certainly a learning curve to trade, and also different ways to do it without spending hours. It still will take time and patience.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

?

Auction house is an afk system.  Set it and forget it.

Buyers and sellers would only have to give a minimum amount of time, much less than with the system we have now.

I'm not sure I understand the system you are proposing.

How do you see people buying afk?

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Not buying, selling, that is what he meant. The seller would list his offer, when someone is interested in that item, he searches the database , purchases it and that's it. Therefore set and forget and minimum interaction. 

Edited by aligatorno

25 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I'm not proposing a system.  I didn't suggest buying afk as a possibility.  I was referring to the auction house system in general.  In an auction house everything is advertised 24/7, which means less work for sellers who (right now) spam trade chat with their wares to earn plat.  In an auction house buyers wouldn't need to search for sellers who might be selling what they're looking for, everything they want would be a couple or few clicks away.

Suggesting any system where players could spend less time in trade chat is a bad thing in DE's eyes.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

WF Market already is better than any system DE can impliment.

As for aution houses being an AFK system, they don't have to be, that's just nonsense. Systems can be designed in any way you want. In this example of system design we already have a working model. Basically what people want is simply a way to search listed trades and the system for actual completing trades can be anything like ebay or not, doesn't matter, it click a button and you win (mabye DE says 10p please because space UPS aint free for any trade that auto completes) or drive out 100miles and drop the cash on pickup (ie having to arrange with the seller a time to collect it and make the trade in person, which probably sounds familiar as that's exactly how WF market works)

Edited by Ghogiel

On 5/10/2017 at 10:00 PM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

In most MMORPG (like TERA/ WoW/ most PWE' game), there's a auction house where it act like a middle man, collecting commission per sales. For example Perfect World, you set a price for an item you want to sell and it's bidding period, if some potential buyer is looking for that item and determine your price is reasonable, he/she can buy it of the auction house, by bidding (highest bid win) or straight buy out (instant buy). The amount is held in auction house, in case you win.

At the end of the period for bidding-part, if you'r is the highest, your amount bid for that item will be transferred to the seller, and the item you bid on, transfer to you.

If you lose in the bid, the amount is refunded back to you, and the item goes to the winning bidder.

All this can even happen when you'r AFK/ offline or even playing the game (not staring at chat, or spamming Selling XXXXX item).

The search window in PW, can be arranged by price (highest to lowest, lowest to highest). So the lowest price is highly likely to be bought first.

For WF' auction house, changes need to be made... of course...

Edited by low1991