Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3.5k polymer for Razorback? Really?

booty_hunter

1 hour ago, booty_hunter said:

3.5k polymer. Didnt you guys state on a devstream that you constantly have new players in mind? this seems to contradict that statement.

It's for ONE Catalyst. Pretty sure NOT running the event won't kill anyone.

For some perspective those same 3.5k polymer will get you 70 large energy pizzas. 

If you are grinding for them it's going to take ~20minutes of survival on Uranus to get about those 3.5k RNG permitting. Conversely the Archwing that everyone seems to be hellbent on complaining about will yield you ~12 ALU Modules which is enough for 3 keys in ~10min. So to balance out those 10min of Archwing you are going to have to slog through about an hours worth of survival.  

I just did this with a nekros, atlas and 2 others and got about 20k poly in 25 minutes, without boosters that's 10k.

On topic

I kinda agree. If you are a new player or you are a beginner you gonna have a hard time grinding this out. I think 1k poly per cypher would be better.

Edited by Insane-Mana

4 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Might kill a relay though.

Just sayin.

If I accidentally found a way that would allow me to get a Relay killed, I'd do it.

Just to see what happens afterwards. Always having predictability in this game gets kinda dull.

Some of us just want to see the world Relay's burn.

Edited by DSpite

3500 poly is rather high for a single key, if it was 10 or even 5 that would be fine but it's for one key... it feels even worse when you consider how bad the rng is for the puncture mods.. the only thing I'm actually going for after 3 runs...  EVERY run I've done has been status/toxin mods.

I wouldn't mind if it was salvage or something instead but polymer bundles are literally the one resource I (and by the comments in clan chat, most of the clan) never have enough of.

At the present minute, primarily due to polymer costs, I'm basically thinking...screw the puncture mods, if I've managed this long without them they can't be that important.

Edited by LSG501

42 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

I hate to RELAY this information to you, but something could be destroyed. 

well DE didn't exactly help matters with the cost of the new ciphers.... which I'm also betting will be a new type of lock in the future to force us back into archwing.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

well DE didn't exactly help matters with the cost of the new ciphers.... which I'm also betting will be a new type of lock in the future to force us back into archwing.

Actually I didn't even notice the cost.  It could be because I use Extractors on Uranus and do a solo farm run every now and then.  I did one AW mission with Itzal and was able to craft 3 back to back.  

I know for a fact that polymer bundles aren't hard to get once you have Uranus unlocked.  If I can solo farm about 6-10k (without boosters) in 20-30 minutes, then it's not something hard to get.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
slight correction

DE is trying to gate the content the same way they do with the Formorians, which require the same amount of different resources. The problem is that Polymer Bundles are more rare, and more valuable, than Nano Spores. They chose the wrong resource.

Polymer Bundles are more valuable to me than puncture mods I'll never use and a mastery fodder weapon. I got the Catalyst, could care less after that. Was really excited for Razorback to return, but once I saw the cost of the cipher I was just disappointed.

Yeah. Farm stuff from archwing, then spend 3500 polymer bundles on a single key, to go and fight a boss that is still not fun, for a chance at one of nearly a dozen things? Now you have people trying everything they can to not get their cipher consumed and it's a complete pain. Other people just aren't doing the event at all.

Feels like they saw some vets with stockpiles of it and decided that was a good price for everyone. Now they're off for the weekend, and even if they weren't I can't imagine they'd change the price.

It simply isn't worth it.

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I know for a fact that polymer bundles aren't hard to get once you have Uranus unlocked.  If I can solo farm about 6-10k (without boosters) in 20-30 minutes, then it's not something hard to get.  

I can spend 20 minutes to get 2, maybe 3 keys if I'm lucky... I do love a grind wall prior to doing something and based on my current experience I would need to do this multiple times because the only mods I've seen drop are toxin/status ones... which I've got loads of already.

Yeah, the chances of getting mods seems rather abysmal.

So far I got

- 7 Gorgon Wraith Stocks

- 6 Gorgon Wraith Barrels

- 2 Gorgon Wraith Receivers

- 2 Gorgon Wraith BPs

- 1 Bore

- 1 Piercing Caliber

So about 10% of my drops are mods.

Edited by Tyrian3k

57 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

Yeah, the chances of getting mods seems rather abysmal.

So far I got

- 7 Gorgon Wraith Stocks

- 7 Gorgon Wraith Stocks

Others only got Mods in 10 runs... I call it RNG

12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

3500 poly is rather high for a single key, if it was 10 or even 5 that would be fine but it's for one key... it feels even worse when you consider how bad the rng is for the puncture mods.. the only thing I'm actually going for after 3 runs...  EVERY run I've done has been status/toxin mods.

I wouldn't mind if it was salvage or something instead but polymer bundles are literally the one resource I (and by the comments in clan chat, most of the clan) never have enough of.

At the present minute, primarily due to polymer costs, I'm basically thinking...screw the puncture mods, if I've managed this long without them they can't be that important.

Most of the time elemental mods are better anyway.

In my case, I like Archwing, and frankly love opportunities to use the damned thing. So what's the problem?

Got the piercing mods from a previous event. And I got the Gorgon Wraith from an event as well. So in my case, I'm being asked to blow tons of resources on saving a relay from a rampaging plot device for no real benefit whatsoever.

So basically my only impetus here is helping my teammates.