Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 92: Council Challenge

Okay, first of all, the challenge isn't even what was voted on.

Votes were

-Eximus Stronghold

-Prod Crewman

-Shockwave MOA

-Oxium Osprey

-The Sergeant

What we got is the most cancerous things in the entire Corpus faction: A complete spam of Nullifiers and Sapping Ospreys, which is nothing but a generic high level corpus mission.

Why let the council vote if you make it completely different anyway?

This is so far off from what was voted on that I'm wondering if I should make it a bug report.

So i just tried this new challlange and i gotta ask...

THE HELL IS THIS MADNESS?!

We are getting swarmed by eximus nullfiers and eximus sapping offspreys along with moas all at lv 80 while we try to defend a pod. In the first minute our team has died out thanks to the offspray minefield all around the place.

Seriously for what weapons and frames were this one designed?

Unless i get an ogris riven with 300% multishot and 200% damage i have no idea what could effectively mow down these guys before they reach the pod and turn the area into a minefield.

Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

My recommendation, after seeing what the alert is, would be to bring:

1. Ignis to clean up all the sapping osprey mines
  2. Miter with the new augment to pop all the bubbles
  3. Frost to cut down on one shot deaths from nullifier sniper fire

Rest of team loadout according to personal taste.

4 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

A complete spam of Nullifiers and Sapping Ospreys, which is nothing but a generic high level corpus mission.

Oh... wonderful.

My favorite parts of my favorite faction (not!) >.<

Think I'll probably skip this one this time then since the reward's not really an incentive, normally I'd do it anyhow for fun but these do not equal fun.

And if this really is the case, I expect the salt levels to rise once more across the forums.

Funny calling these "Design Council Challenges" but they're actually DE designed regardless of said feedback. =p

Enemies will be based on the top 2 voted units from each category. 

Your fault for not reading...
and yes I voted for the nullifiers and sappers.
It is after all, a challenge...

Edited by Oranji

I mean, yeah, the 10 waves were fun.

But the final boss (that usually arrives when the 10th wave was beaten) was really easy. Disappointingly easy. I mean, the last time it was an OP Juggernaut. I had nightmares for days. So this time I expected something as difficult as the last time's boss. What happens this time? The Sergeant appears and gets insta-killed, didn't even have a chance to turn invisible.

But maybe it's because the Sergeant is kinda broken (doesn't even deserve being called a boss, he's more like a special unit, nothing more) anyway. So yeah.

I am disappointed by it because its one of those alerts that mid range players wont be able to take part in because we do not have the top of the line weapons to take on level 80-100+ enemies.

Me and my friends do not have the damage output for that kind of level.

8 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

I am disappointed by it because its one of those alerts that mid range players wont be able to take part in because we do not have the top of the line weapons to take on level 80-100+ enemies.

Me and my friends do not have the damage output for that kind of level.

It has a high difficulty for baby tenno and casual players, that's why it is like that.

Edited by -VV-mago_de_muerte

4 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

I mean, yeah, the 10 waves were fun.

But the final boss (that usually arrives when the 10th wave was beaten) was really easy. Disappointingly easy. I mean, the last time it was an OP Juggernaut. I had nightmares for days. So this time I expected something as difficult as the last time's boss. What happens this time? The Sergeant appears and gets insta-killed, didn't even have a chance to turn invisible.

But maybe it's because the Sergeant is kinda broken (doesn't even deserve being called a boss, he's more like a special unit, nothing more) anyway. So yeah.

What was your load out? What frames?

11 minutes ago, Momaw said:

My recommendation, after seeing what the alert is, would be to bring:

1. Ignis to clean up all the sapping osprey mines
  2. Miter with the new augment to pop all the bubbles
  3. Frost to cut down on one shot deaths from nullifier sniper fire

Rest of team loadout according to personal taste.

2. Console does not have that yet

59 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So the 3 nitain alert = lol 

25 level 90 nullys and ospreys on the screen at once on the first wave? Nah, I'm good. You can keep the nitain. It is challenging tho but alas I would rather play the Dark Souls series if I wanted to fail over and over and over. Thanks tho. 

So use a tank frame like Inaros and bubble dive =D