Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Accessories And where they should go after they expire.

(PSN)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng

How about no. Life isn't about spoon feeding everyone. As others have said, if $50 every 3 months or so is difficult to save, then those people should probably NOT be wasting their money in games anyway. Why should those who have saved, earned, borrowed.. whatever, why should THOSE people be slapped in the face AFTER spending their money on exclusives just because not everyone can? Kinda defeats the whole purpose of exclusive doesnt it? I would be highly irate if baro started bringing things I have paid for with money I earned and kept aside for such things.

8 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

You are missing the point and getting defencive for no reason.

I have a job and I still can't even afford to move out of my parents house without renting with a friend. I'm not loaded by any means. Think a  bit more before you make assumptions about someones position in life.

Its about priorities, dude.

Well at least you have that going for you. an actual source of income. I've been looking for over 4 years and I've still got nothing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Well at least you have that going for you. an actual source of income. I've been looking for over 4 years and I've still got nothing.

Then you should treat job hunting as if it were your full time job until you get one, instead of wasting your time playing video games.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

-Snip-

If you were talking about something that provided a gameplay advantage I'd be agreeing with you, but at the end of the day this is purely cosmetic stuff. My shiny prime armor doesn't help me at all ingame, it just helps me on fashion contests in relays. Warframe - indeed most good F2P games - are games that support themselves off of people buying cosmetics and premium currency. DE has already been abnormally generous by making Baro carry cosmetics at all, but DE giving PA accessories - the premium expensive status symbol accessories that many whales bought specifically for this reason - for free would do nothing but alienate the people who actually pay DE's bills.

It's ninjas play free, not ninjas look fabulous for free. If someone can't afford fifty bucks for PA over a monthslong period, then they simply have to go without. PA offerings are purely cosmetic with all the important parts being farmable ingame.

Like, every time I see someone with a Liset Prime I get a little jealous because I couldn't afford it at the time and it looks great, but this is something I'll just have to live with until it comes back in some future PA pack when I can hopefully afford it. Until then? Welp, tough luck. I'm sure not gonna demand DE hurt their bottom line - the bottom line that gets us a steady stream of new content to keep the game alive - providing exclusive cosmetics for free just because I can't afford said cosmetic at this time.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Thats life. Some optional cosmetics in a ftp game aren't exactly your biggest problem right now, are they?

20 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

I've put about 5 hours everyday looking for a job for the past 4 years. 5 @(*()$ hours EVERY DAY!

Stop playing and go work as a part timer! Or even, do business. You have a brain for a reason. Sort out your priorities mate. Whining for a virtual world bragging rights won't fix your problem. Can't work? Try become a beggar then! 10$ a day would definitely reward you the PRIME ACCESSORIES! They are exclusive for A REASON!

Imagine someone being in your position, but one day he feels the REAL NEED for the prime accessories (that he may die if he don't get it!), start to save money and at the end, when the prime access come, he finally can buy it. Imagine the feeling he has. Imagine his fun and his money well-spent.

AND NOW......imagine someone take that rights away when what he paid is eventually, FREE!!

Sorry sir. Please keep trying.

$50 every 3 months. Put away $5 bucks a week. If that is to expensive for you, then you have bigger issues that you should solve first. 

Also, remember no one owes you a Fin thing, certainly not DE. You have to go out and earn it. Use your brain, that's that lump 3 feet above your azz and figure it out. 

On 5/13/2017 at 4:39 PM, AeroVero said:

Prime access comes for a reason, and the cosmetics that come with it are suppoused to be exclusive to those who spent money to support DE.

Prime unvaulting happens also, and acts as a timed exclusive too. Adding it to baro's inventory would lose its exclusivity

And what is so great about exclusivity? I don't derive pleasure from the fact that other people can't get the things I have. Do you?

On 5/13/2017 at 11:19 AM, TrickshotMcGee said:

They are COSMETICS. Frivolous, unnecessary things that you don't need and don't affect people in any way. 

Cosmetics are literally the ONLY paid-for content in Warframe. That's it. 

That's how it's different. Weapons affect your game, they can help you and make a difference playing. Cosmetics do not. As such, the developers decided to make them the only things we have to pay for, so people aren't at a disadvantage for playing free

They are also a luxury. Something that should not be free.

^ This. This is one of the main reasons I actually play WF at all, and commit to it (up to and including spending my own hard earned cash on the game itself, for things like Prime Accessory packs when they happen). I've played other FtP games, that weren't really--you want decent gear? Pay up. You want to look remotely presentable? Pay up. You want to be able to survive past a handful of levels? Pay up. You want to get to the upper levels? Pay up. WF doesn't do that. WF gives you all this great content (beautiful content at that) for free, updates for free, etc. This cosmetic stuff...it's just fluff. Sure, it looks great, and it is great. But it truly does nothing for game play. It's just FashionFrame fodder. DE isn't a non-profit, but they've made a great product with optional money investment. This is their primary money investment route. Respect that.

I, personally, wouldn't mind if they made the accessory packs permanently available for purchase. But that's a different topic entirely.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:45 AM, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

And what of those unfortunate enough to not be able to afford it? Such as Students who are too young to get jobs, Family's who have to spend all their earnings on food, bills and electricity and Others who cannot find a job no matter how hard they try? Warframe needs to focus on the players too poor to afford these high priced exclusives.

Boo hoo.

I buy prime access but cannot afford the cosmetic packs... But do not want those who can to lose the exclusivity of those items. They should NEVER enter baro kiteers inventory.

If u cant afford those items...then purchase sum from the ingame market, including tennogen... That will have to suffice.

If u dont have irl money to buy platinum...grind for goodies and sell for platinum.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

I dont even own all the normal accessories yet let alone primed stuff. How about baro starting on prisma illiac accessories etc before even thinking of primed accessories. And i agree with everyone else, they should remain exclusive. They dont give mr, they dont have any extra functionality. They're cosmetics for a reason and like all cosmetics in the shop and particularly these, they should be for only the people that pay for them. 

Be glad DE have been nice enough to allow plat trading too otherwise you and everyone else would have to spend irl $$ to look pretty for everything, not just primed accessories

LOL.

The day this happens I cut all my support and I swear to god I go to court.

People that spend money in this game, like me, are the reason why it's kept free to play.

You don't bite the hand that feeds, even dogs know that.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

On 2017-5-13 at 0:00 PM, Heckzu said:

Wow, this is a whole new level of self-entitlement, asking for exclusive, paid, items to be free.

And what of those unfortunate enough to not be able to afford a private jet? Or a million dollar home? Or cocaine and hookers?

If you can't afford a luxury, that's too bad. 

The best /thread you'll ever see lol.

:claps: to you sir.

On 5/13/2017 at 11:03 AM, TrickshotMcGee said:

Doesn't matter. If it's free in ANY capacity, it isn't fair. Someone was required to pay to get it, so there should be no time when that's free. 

You seem to want to be all about fairness, but this isn't any kind of fair to those who worked to get the Prime Access the legitimate way. The way it's been for literally years. 

This. Discussion about releasing items (That have no functional use and are purely cosmetic) for free acquisition in any respect is a huge disservice to the people who spent their money to purchase them in the first place.

Please understand this. The people you are trying to cast to the side in this endeavor are the very people helping to pay to keep the servers running so the people who cannot afford a cosmetic/luxury shiny can play the game for free. 

Edited by Chamaeleo

Pity that most of those cosmetics have 0 value after the prime access, their development is paid off, so reselling them again for the equivalent price of a AAA game becomes obscene.

Put this into perspective: it's not that cosmetics are expensive per se, but that are obscenely expensive if compared to other products - see for instance how well the prime unvaulting last year during the steam sales went... people were livid at the prices of the rereleased material and the lack of the bundles they wanted.

for instance proposing them again at a discounted price or for a big lump of platinum would instead enable DE to capitalize again and again on existing assets without being decryed as "greeedy", saving both their interests (and livelihood( and customers satisfaction.

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

for instance proposing them again at a discounted price or for a big lump of platinum would instead enable DE to capitalize again and again on existing assets without being decryed as "greeedy", saving both their interests (and livelihood( and customers satisfaction.

Not quite.

Since platinum is tradeable, that would make the accessories obtainable for players who may not have outright spent for them.

Discounts to the accessories would do a disservice to the people who paid for them originally. 

No disservice if you have had that accessory and showed it off for 2 full years mate stop being elitist, reused assets cost nothing to De so they shouldn't be a free ticket to a full course meal a second and third time.

Also remeber that platinum comes from somewere, even if a player obtains it from trading, it means he/she was playing /populating the damn game for a decent amount of hours in order to do so, giving a population to enjoy to the "whales" willing to do charity to DE.

Note also that i'm referring to prime unvaultings NOT prime accesses - 1st time someting is proposed to the market you pay full price and those willing to cough the money get it, years lather you can't pretend the same amout of money for something that people were not willing to buy the first time around.

Switching old prime cosmetics to platinum would make them desiderable by the average player or the casual spender - note i'm not speaking of 50-100 platinum! I'm talking 300+ at least, so not spare change but not wallet gouging either.

remeber: who was willing to spend full price for the merchandise, by the time of unvaulting would already have it and not being interested, on the other hand those that didn't buy it at premium price might be more willing if they don't feel ripped of for what is in fact "n years ago "last fashion"" - this is simple market mechanics even if in this case we are ina monopoly.

Damn... wall of text, hope i made myself comprehensible...

6 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

stop being elitist

giving a population to enjoy to the "whales" willing to do charity to DE.

I understand you perfectly, however I disagree with discounting prime accessories or offering them for outright platinum period, since they are cosmetic only and originally could not be obtained through gameplay alone. It's not like a mod or weapon that could cause a mechanical change in how the game is played. That would be like offering the Tennocon Syandana to people who didn't actually go there. 

I do respect your viewpoint, though, with the exception of what's quoted above. I'd like you to explain what was elitist about my statement for my curiosity.

The other quote, I don't respect. Free players are not here simply to entertain people willing to support the game. 

Not addressed specifically at you, usually when this argument is brought about there's an unpleasant behaviour endorsed by many of those that purchased end enjoyed their cosmetic at full price of snobbing and criticizing anyone who offers a different opinion.

The second line is about the fact that 90% of warframe players aren't the ones who spend big sums (like a prime access - that is the same price as a AAA game by a big brand for reference), but keep the game afloat and "populated", a game with only the 10% of heavy spenders as their total population would quickly lose popularity due to low population - a free to play game needs to have as big as a population in order to attract more customers that may or might not became spenders or big spenders - "whales" on the other hands can be considered more likevery dedicated and invested fans

49 minutes ago, Chamaeleo said:

Pity that most of those cosmetics have 0 value after the prime access, their development is paid off, so reselling them again for the equivalent price of a AAA game becomes obscene.

"Pity that most single player AAA games have 0 value after their initial release, their development is paid off, so selling an AAA game at an AAA price becomes obscene" /s

2 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Put this into perspective: it's not that cosmetics are expensive per se, but that are obscenely expensive if compared to other products

Same goes for most luxury items, but people still buy them. Are you going to demand Apple or Lamborghini to lower their prices or something?

48 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

No disservice if you have had that accessory and showed it off for 2 full years mate stop being elitist, reused assets cost nothing to De so they shouldn't be a free ticket to a full course meal a second and third time.

It's intellectual property, so yes, they should be able to.