Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is going on with Sortie 3 today?

(PSN)HarryMuff

Had to give up on this one due to unbelievably stupid AI. With four waves to go he just walks into a gas cloud and stays there, dying within ten seconds of being revived as the whole team gradually burns up their revives. 

I tried Limbo so that the gas wouldn't touch me. Gave up on that plan when I realized that the fire and electricity were destroying despite me being in the rift plane. WHY?!! I'm in a different plane FFS.

He literally just stands there and dies continuously. The year is 2017 and this is the best AI you could come up with?

You can take a Loki and relocate him when needed, or take Atlas and block him between two walls.  Unfortunately you have to work around the AI to succeed in these types of missions. 

The Hazards from that mission are random I think, in my run we only got Lightning Arcs, no gas so it was a little more enjoyable thatn usual. 

Edited by aligatorno

"The year is 2017 and this is the best AI you could come up with?"

This made me twitch a little bit... if designing AI was so easy then it wouldn't be one of the top problems in video games. We will sooner see advancements in real life AI before we will see AI in games that people won't be able to complain about.

As for the mission - it really wasn't such a big deal. Frost with bubble (+ Icy avalanche as a bonus in my case which protects from gas and slash everyone except the defense target - helps with revives). Just chill in bubble, revive silly AI from time to time and get on with the killing as usual. And as guys above already stated there are also ways to cheese it out - loki, nyx, might as well pick duration trinity or even oberon to provide healing and damage reduction. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin
Edit reason: Broken english

1 minute ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

"The year is 2017 and this is the best AI you could come up with?"

This made me twitch a little bit... if designing AI was so easy then it wouldn't be one of the top problems in video games. We will sooner see advancements in real life AI before we will see AI in games that people won't be able to complain about.

Being hard to design an AI is no excuse to have one that just wonders aimlessly in front of enemy fire or in traps. This AI is incredibly bad, incredibly so, they could have easily made him run away from enemies, or make him follow the tenno, but he just wonders by himself. 

Kuva Fortress defense, huh? tough break. you know you could just skip the Sorties if they're tedious, it's what I do: only do the ones that are easy, since you're only gonna get Endo out of it anyway most likely. Shadow Warrior 2's been keeping me occupied though..

who wants some Wang?

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
Wang isn't censored, yus! now I can reference this game in peace!

yeah it wouldn't be so bad if the gas wasn't so appealing to the ai operative....

Ended up using inaros (negation swarm for the win :)) and just went about things like normal except for the odd recast of scarab swarm... the others in my group didn't seem to enjoy the gas and the ai.   I doubt I did but it felt like I spent as much time on reviving as I did killing lol.

The worst thing about it for me was the reward... got 4k endo... which feels a bit rubbish for the effort needed on this sortie especially when I don't need any endo, I've got more than I actually need.

Edited by LSG501

3 hours ago, aligatorno said:

You can take a Loki and relocate him when needed, or take Atlas and block him between two walls.  Unfortunately you have to work around the AI to succeed in these types of missions. 

The Hazards from that mission are random I think, in my run we only got Lightning Arcs, no gas so it was a little more enjoyable thatn usual. 

3 hours ago, Ryme said:

1) Loki.

2) Teleport NPC to hallway lockeroom.

3) Profit.

I read this thread before I got home.  Sure enough, random Loki in the party.  Once I told him this advice the mission was cake.  Thanks!

It's a known issue to players since the first time Kuva Fortress Defense showed up on sorties for the first time last year, but DE still hasn't said a word about it.

For now your best bet should be any of these: Trin heal spam, Loki/Nova teleport spam, tank frame revive spam

My people have an ancient saying, it's been used by many a generation. I feel it might come in handy to you, I just hope I don't mess up the pronunciation. Ahem. Git gud. 

Nah I'm just messing with ya, the AI can indeed be a pain sometimes. That's why on that sortie I use nidus to tank all hazards should I have to heal him, also nidis' 4 helps keep him safe. 

They should make it a little harder, but then make him go hide in specific set areas, that's not difficult AI coding, or make him follow the host around. Hell we can tell spectors to stay or follow... apply that option to the operative, he's useless with secondary weapons anyway...

Edited by Carnage2K4

sortie def AI is indeed annoying. even grineer know how to take cover and run away when needed, while tenno def operative just charging to enemy with his/her lato. why cant DE make the AI like rescue or syndicate operative or spectre, (maybe because it could make sortie def easier than normal def). most of the time i solo def with wukong for immortality and ress when needed.

I can cut the AI some slack cos the Natural Intelligence I was playing with wasn't much better.

Some dude in my squad just stood in the electricity when given the chance. And the classic he goes down in the gas cloud so another squad member runs to revive him. Guess what? They couldn't survive the gas cloud either.

All you can do is laugh.