The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not all relics are equal.

Carnage2K4

Well I'm utterly convinced there is an underlying mechanic governing relics now, I suspect that new relics like the ones with Oberon P. S&A P. etc possess a different algorithm for rolling, Either that or them being Radiant does not work.

I've been rolling for 2 days now trying to get the new parts, always Rads, I've not seen a gold drop yet, almost exclusively Bronze with the occasional Silver.

But then I enter a Lith survival just for tracers...

Gold...

Gold...

Gold.. repeat until fissure time was up.

In 3 Lith survivals (the same level), each going to about wave 30, we amassed 15 gold items, all of it stuff I have, Saryn BP, Nekros BP etc... but WTF... I can grind for 2 days not get a single gold on the new stuff with Radients!...but enter a random Lith to collect crap with Intact (three was probably a few higher relics in there but not 15 golds worth)  and just get 15 golds almost in a row... and that's just counting the ones I could collect, many times we got 2 or 3 gold drops in a round...

I'm 100% convinced the new relics and the old relics are not equal, either Radiant stats are not being applied (but then why all the gold on intact) or there is purposefully code to make sure new relics do not have a high chance to roll gold... Which I could understand them doing, but it should be disclosed, and I was to understand all relics have an equal chance with Radiant.

At this point, after today, no amount of denial or argument would be able to persuade me otherwise, to me now, it's not even a debate topic, relics are not equal.

Just 1 of the runs:

20170602142225_1_by_carnage2k4-dbbao5x.j

Edited by Carnage2K4

Not gonna read alll that but I get the gist of where your getting at.

Better late than never,

Welcome to probability math and Pure f'ing RNG, where logic is out and randomness and none consistencies are common place and where life seems to troll the ever living day light out of you.

Enjoy your stay,

Love RNGesus

I've had strings of good luck like you've noted. Survival fissure missions with all intact relics giving the rare reward 4+ times in a row. I also had good luck on my radshares for Oberon Prime, getting all the parts in the first run. Rares too. Sometimes RNG just doesn't like you.

EDIT: You know radshares have an AVERAGE of three tries to get the rare part, right? That doesn't mean three tries guaranteed. From what I've observed, the standard deviation on that is somewhat high. It's not uncommon for me to have to run 10 radshares to get the rare part.

Edited by GrayArchon

12 minutes ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

Not gonna read alll that but I get the gist of where your getting at.

Better late than never,

Welcome to probability math and Pure f'ing RNG, where logic is out and randomness and none consistencies are common place and where life seems to troll the ever living day light out of you.

Enjoy your stay,

Love RNGesus

11 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

I've had strings of good luck like you've noted. Survival fissure missions with all intact relics giving the rare reward 4+ times in a row. I also had good luck on my radshares for Oberon Prime, getting all the parts in the first run. Rares too. Sometimes RNG just doesn't like you.

It's not just RNG, There is absolutely an extra underlying mechanic going on, the "pure RNG" response is pure delusion. It's statistically very clear... I don't mean to sound rude, but given the results I just witnessed, "pure RNG" is not possible.

If I took those results in to my statistics lecturer and said it was pure randomness, I would be laughed at...

Edited by Carnage2K4

I've had lith relics give me nothing but 1 common part out of the 3 a dozen times in a row. Even switched to meso and neo relics and come back to the lith only to continue getting the exact same common part. I get the whole 'RNG!' cop out, but it makes you question the algorithm.

It is rng. Because if it was some underlying system it would be happening all the time to everyone, and yet it doesn't. The most rares I've ever had in one mission was 3, and that was a 60 wave defense. Quite a few people get even less. 

It's random. Some Tenno get that rare drop on their first try. Some get it incidentally when squading up with others (that's how I finished Nekros Prime). Some never get it no matter how much they grind.

It's all luck. It looks like fortune just isn't favoring OP today.

I have had similar experiences with relics. Perhaps the relics are weighted rolls and that weighted variable is modifying the random roll? To be fair, the drop chances for the relics even while upgrading them are very low in my experience, but again that could be a weighted system making the relics less than useful; would be lovely to now if that was the issue.

best thing to do is just assume that what you want is the hardest thing to get, because 9 times out of 10, it is.

luckiest drop so far was Oberon Prime Systems, but haven't had much luck since then. fortunately a Clanmate came forward with the Sybaris Barrel I needed and a bunch of other stuff. now I just need two very rare parts : Oberon Prime Helmet and S&A Prime Guard.. must make sure I give unto the void tomorrow!

5 hours ago, LordMazulia said:

Just the other day I was trying to get Nekros Prime Neuroptics and I only had 2 relics for it. Used both of them. Ended up getting two Fragor Prime BPs, which was a rare drop. Not sure if I was lucky or unlucky.

meanwhile i lost count of how many radiants i've done for the fragor bp and got none, but have multiple nekros neuroptics ; - ; it's just rng...

Throwing your arms in the air and shouting "RNG" can only go so far. When you consistently get more rare drops from intact Liths than you do radiant Axis you have to start wondering.

Yes, you can handwave it all as statistical anomalies, but if there IS something wrong under the hood it'd be nice for it to be found and fixed.

I notice this and I do long runs for a long time, if is about the party and relic combination, to a point it is RNG, but it is not per run but rather per session. this happens way too often: get nothing for rads and rares for intacts, rares for intacts usualy come in a 3-5 streak. Also if you start doing radshares and it drops like 2 gold in a row, STICK TO THE PARTY, you will get rares every round. Last day I had always 2 rares per radshare staying in the same party (always 2) and sometimes I have 5 radshare runs with the same rewards in the same order with the same people, I will start to screenshot to expose it is not as RNG as people think

Edited by LycanPT

11 hours ago, Jeoxz said:

Well somebody missed statistics class.

Say you do 20 rounds of a mission and get 15 gold.

Then do 20 rounds of another mission and get all bronze.

Compleatly ignoring the fact that you've altered the latter to have statistically higher chance to get gold...

What would be the statistical conclusion you would have to come to?

Because that's what I'm looking at.

After the new prime items became available this week (on ps4) my first 2 runs yielded the new prime parts from the relics. I have done 8 runs since and haven't seen any of the new prime parts. I have been using both radiant and nonradiant relics. I am taking a certified quality technicians course and currently we are at a point where we are discussing using rng for sampling. There probably isn't any underlying conspiracy here, it is just a random chance.