Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the Nikana the only weapon to have the "Dragon" Prefix

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)HenCeption said:

There are plenty of Wraith, Prime and Vandal variants, but only one Dragon.

Just like how Mara Detron is the only weapon with 'Mara' in it: DE's probably trying to make a new line of variants, then promptly forgot.

Edit: Ninja'd by @Alcatraz

Edited by Beggining
Gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai Jack

4 minutes ago, RunningTree3 said:

My head-canon was always that, given the MR8 requirement and that it is forged from an existing Nikana, that a Tenno possessing a Dragon Nikana symbolised their transition out of novicehood, awakening the dragon within. *continues imagining*

that is a pretty cool concept

8 minutes ago, RunningTree3 said:

My head-canon was always that, given the MR8 requirement and that it is forged from an existing Nikana, that a Tenno possessing a Dragon Nikana symbolised their transition out of novicehood, awakening the dragon within. *continues imagining*

sounds cool :D

Besides the MR titles, i was hoping these would mean some kind of power level that certain Tenno weapons could achieve. Imagine a Tiger Venka or a Phoenix Ninkondi.....never materialized. 

As for Mara....i have no idea what that was supposed to do but only having one of its kind.....we better meet someone from the Mara tribe or Lyria Mara that will give is a quest or something. Same for the Ice Pirates that use the Quantas. 

1 hour ago, RunningTree3 said:

Since this was the first weapon I actually strived to obtain that felt worth the climb in MR, not to mention the sacred (at that time) argon crystal required, I completely agree.

3 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

There is but one Mara.

I would figure it is Dragon Nikana because it was not Prime, but still an upgrade from Nikana. Nothing special to the name other than that, I would surmise.

It still needs a balance pass...it's CRIT needs a buff to make it slightly better than Nikana Prime to reflect the quality of it's supposed master craftsmanship.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Simple, because it's not a prefix.

It's just a upgrade to the standard Nikana thus it got it's own name but it wasn't a Prime.

It's like modern games, you have the

Standard - Nothing special

Deluxe - A bit better than the Standard

Gold - The best version (Ironic I know with Primes)

because Japan basically.

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

In a dev stream they discussed wanting to go away from releasing weapon variants. That's one of the reasons they slowed down releasing Prisma weapons too

except they won't be able to, for several reasons:

- if they stop making Prisma weapons, lees people will be interested in Baro and spend less time farming for Ducats.

- if there are no more Wraith/Vandal weapons, how do they expect to get people playing any events/Tac Alerts they put out?

- they definitely can't stop making Prime weapons, because then nobody would buy the PA.

they can make less variants of weapons so that we don't have a Cernos situation with 4 different versions, but upgrading your arsenal is a driving factor in this game and is part of Warframe's progression system. it would be suicide for DE to take it out, so they'll keep releasing improved versions of existing weapons no matter what.

Just throwing this out there, not EVERY prefix has to apply to multiple weapons. There's really no need to have a million weapons with a bunch of rotating prefixes that really do nothing to change a whole lot about the weapon. I'm personally fine with Dragon Nikana being the only weapon with Dragon as a prefix. We have plenty of variants as it is.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

because Japan basically.

except they won't be able to, for several reasons:

- if they stop making Prisma weapons, lees people will be interested in Baro and spend less time farming for Ducats.

- if there are no more Wraith/Vandal weapons, how do they expect to get people playing any events/Tac Alerts they put out?

- they definitely can't stop making Prime weapons, because then nobody would buy the PA.

they can make less variants of weapons so that we don't have a Cernos situation with 4 different versions, but upgrading your arsenal is a driving factor in this game and is part of Warframe's progression system. it would be suicide for DE to take it out, so they'll keep releasing improved versions of existing weapons no matter what.

That reasoning is coming from their mouth. I never said they were going to stop completely, but they have definitely slowed down the release of reskinned variants. They gave that as the reason for the lack of Prisma weapons from Baro. It's intentional.

I don't think they lumped primes in with that group either

Edited by Hypernaut1