Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I sell a warframe if i have it's prime?

yaboiquan

Question

Im building 3 warframes but i have 2 open slots. I have both Valkyr and Valkyr prime, so I want to sell Valkyr to make space for one of my new warframes. I have the plat to buy a new slot but i also want to buy a 1 more potato. What should i do sell Valkyr because i already have the prime or keep it and farm for more plat?

im a collector so i keep everything. but realistically. there is no benifit other then collecting. if you are short on plat, i would say only keep the primes as they have buffs and extra polarties and such. it will save you from buying loads of slots.

Edited by Dark5eiD

An emphatic yes. There is no point to keeping both. I have all frames except the normal versions of frames that have been primed. Whenever a frame gets a prime version the moment I acquire the prime version I delete the normal one. Only downside is losing a frame with a spud on it, and that isn't a good enough reason to keep them.

Edited by Shreiko

Don't get rid of the 'frame until you've mirrored your build over to the new one or printscreened the build.
Then dump it if you've got it's Prime/Umbra* counterpart.

*Whenever the [Frame-name] Shadow/Umbra series begins rolling out, this will become all-the-more relevant.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Don't get rid of the 'frame until you've mirrored your build over to the new one or printscreened the build.
Then dump it if you've got it's Prime/Umbra* counterpart.

*Whenever the [Frame-name] Shadow/Umbra series begins rolling out, this will become all-the-more relevant.

So what you saying is don't sell it untill my new warframes are built?

Every frame (regular/Prime), weapon (regular/Vandal/Prisma/Wraith/Prime), cat/dog, wings, sentinel etc. gives you experience points to Mastery Rank (MR) so... if you got ie. Volt Prime and regular Volt, then max regular and once you hit 30lvl sell him, keeping prime version... You know tho can still use regular skin on prime right?

Edited by THeMooN85

no reason to keep a wf if you have the prime, same for weapons

but i'll never going to sell my loki even if i have the prime, he was my starting warframe (followed by ember that i really hated me for selling her, but i had the prime too), i love him, and it's the only one of my warframe that, when selected, shows the mustaches from 2/3 years ago movember

9 hours ago, Shreiko said:

An emphatic yes. There is no point to keeping both. I have all frames except the normal versions of frames that have been primed. Whenever a frame gets a prime version the moment I acquire the prime version I delete the normal one. Only downside is losing a frame with a spud on it, and that isn't a good enough reason to keep them.

The valkyr that I want to trash dose have a potato on it, but so dose the new one, plus I want to buy a potato with the plat that I will save. should i still trash it?

Edited by yaboiquan

4 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Every frame, weapon, cat/dog, wings, sentinel etc gives experience points to Mastery Rank (MR) so... if you got ie. Volt Prime and regular Volt, then max regular one and sell him, keeping prime version... You know tho can still use regular skin on prime right?

yes you can.

5 minutes ago, yaboiquan said:

The valkyr that I want to trash dose have a potato on in, but so dose the new one, plus I want to buy a potato with the plat that I will save. should i still trash it?

You wont get your potato back if that's what you are asking for. Same goes to exilus.

Edited by THeMooN85

5 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

You wont get your potato back if that's what you are asking for. Same goes to exilus.

I never used an exilus on it. Also the slot will go to a Trinnity prime or nekros prime

Edited by yaboiquan

Valkyr is no big deal but sometimes, having 2 times the same frame can be beneficial.

The best example for that is Nova who I think cannot be fully optimized for both Slow and Speed because of polarities.

You may also want a frame with more than 3 setups (but that's really, really rare).

23 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Honestly, I would suggest keeping all of them if possible. Its ultimately what is best for you though that matters.

Can you provide a valid and useful reason to keep base frames?  There is none that I'm aware of.  The Prime version is flat out better in every way and there is absolutely nothing you can do with the old frame.  You cannot extract the potato, you cannot get the forma you invested into it and it will likely never be used again.

Unless you are a content creator for youtube or twitch and want to make comparison videos, old versus new, this isn't much reason to keep it and its a waste of a slot to hold onto it.

37 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

You know tho can still use regular skin on prime right?

You still can even after the old frame has been sold for credits (deleted, in other words).  

There is one reason to keep both versions (other than simply to "collect" them) and that is if you wanted different builds..

for example.. you could forma up your prime so it is designed for one specific build, and your regular frame could be forma'd up differently for another build.

personally i am keeping all frames themselves but get rid of standard versions of weapons and sentinels.

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Can you provide a valid and useful reason to keep base frames?  There is none that I'm aware of.  The Prime version is flat out better in every way and there is absolutely nothing you can do with the old frame.  You cannot extract the potato, you cannot get the forma you invested into it and it will likely never be used again.

Unless you are a content creator for youtube or twitch and want to make comparison videos, old versus new, this isn't much reason to keep it and its a waste of a slot to hold onto it.

You still can even after the old frame has been sold for credits (deleted, in other words).  

Sure, you use them for different builds. Perhaps you have forma'd the originals or powered it up with reactors, lens, or exilus. In these cases in particular this represents work that is best utilized but now that you have the more powerful alternative, it doesn't need restrict you to one particular build. Of course, you don't have to do this, and as I said its ultimately up to the players as to what they feel they need; but I think keeping them for flexibility is a better solution than trashing them if possible.

1 hour ago, yaboiquan said:

The valkyr that I want to trash dose have a potato on in, but so dose the new one, plus I want to buy a potato with the plat that I will save. should i still trash it?

Yeah even if you didn't have another frame already lined up to take the slot you should still delete the regular valkyr

I've kept mine but I've got plenty of warframe slots....would I have an issue selling a non prime if I have a prime.... not really unless I've heavily forma'd it where I really wish I could transfer the forma (and focus key - give me a distiller device from syndicates or something please DE) over because I don't enjoy needing to re-level frames multiple times, luckily I've only done that to one frame that also has a prime (nekros) while ivara and inaros are a lot further away. 

Weapon slots are my issue because I just can't fine it in me to finish levelling some of the junk weapons I've still got to do....

2 hours ago, yaboiquan said:

I want to sell Valkyr to make space for one of my new warframes. I have the plat to buy a new slot but i also want to buy a 1 more potato.
What should i do sell Valkyr because i already have the prime or keep it and farm for more plat?

If regular Valkyr has reached level 30 ( For Mastery ) then it would be a decent idea to delete her in order for her primed variant to take her place.
As for the Slot/potato : I suggest you go for the slot.
Reactors come by every now and then, however slots aren't an Alert Reward, there's a small priority here.

Nothing prevents you from getting both by farming for more plat though, that's generally what you'll need to do in the near future if you want more frames anyway.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 hour ago, Dark5eiD said:

im a collector so i keep everything. but realistically. there is no benifit other then collecting. if you are short on plat, i would say only keep the primes as they have buffs and extra polarties and such. it will save you from buying loads of slots.

There is.

Different builds as well as different lenses.

What should i do sell Valkyr because i already have the prime or keep it and farm for more plat?

It's literally only 20-40p. Just farm it.