Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

yeah but guys again no deadline or date the last time they said we'd get him  was 2 years ago, and it's getting a massive expansion coming so we are looking at another 6+ months before we might even get another hint 

5 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

I hate you for even putting that in my head.

You know something though, I don't think they ever said we'd actually get umbra with this quest. they just stated umbra would be in the next quest. That'd be a giant tease xD

Edited by LordOfScrugging

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

More than likely it is hinting that we will have to give up a vanilla excal, like they hinted as a possibility on a stream long ago. 

I think so too. I have another vanilla Excalibur sitting in my Foundry as a replacement, just in case i have to sacrifice the forma'd one.

q7hPVdQ.png

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

In terms of the quest, my guess is that the sacrifice will be that an operator becomes umbra by being forced to give up their operator body to save themselves, and permanently fusing with their frame -- this makes them "darker" as they no longer have as much control over their transference energy or their connection to the void. It looked like there was an operator pod in the cinematic, and that stuff was crashing down and probably damaging it. So did the operator fuse into a frame to survive? 

Of course I could be 100% wrong, but its fun to speculate. 

It's possible i think, but i'm not sure they will offer the choice to eliminate the Operator. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Edited by -YoRHa-

Just now, Calikhan said:

yeah but guys again no deadline or date the last time they said we'd get him  was 2 years ago, and it's getting a massive expansion coming so we are looking at another 6+ months before we might even get another hint 

They didn't give a release date for the Sacrifice quest, but they did say that Plains of Zidolon was coming in 2017. So they are trying to get the open world map out this year, they don't seem to have promised a this year release date for Umbra, but like the other major cinematic quests, it will probably end up releasing near the end of Fall. 

i've put time money and support to help expand this games fans and they've spit back at them so many times many of the people i use to play with have quit cause they got tired of it i'm not entitled i want what was promised

So, what we see was already in the Chinese build as Excalibur Umbra Prime. I have heard many times that the international build wasn't getting Excalibur Umbra Prime, but instead just Excalibur Umbra. Since this was the Chinese founder item, are we getting Excalibur Umbra Prime and they get regular Excalibur Prime? I'm glad we're getting Umbra Prime (hopefully), but doesn't this seem kind of... shady? (bdum-tsss)

I mean, you are releasing something equivalent to Excalibur Prime free.

Can we get some clarification from DE please?

1 minute ago, -Mr.Meeseeks- said:

My point being is that people are excited for something that they've been asking years for. Stop being a joykill.

Something that was already confirmed a while ago. We still don't have a deadline. They didn't even put whether it will be this year like the open world update or next year. The teaser also didn't show much. Getting hyped is no excuse to lose common courtesy

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I was actually implying that you're just entitled.

maybe if you spent less time blogging in the forums and more time playing you'd see the issues too, this isn't just about Umbra Mag's Deluxe skin was shelved too they shelve so many things they promise players 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

They didn't give a release date for the Sacrifice quest, but they did say that Plains of Zidolon was coming in 2017. So they are trying to get the open world map out this year, they don't seem to have promised a this year release date for Umbra, but like the other major cinematic quests, it will probably end up releasing near the end of Fall. 

That's still, in the end, just a guess. We only have two cinematic quests to go off of so far, and only one of them was given a teaser, but horribly delayed. It's completely unpredictable when Sacrifice will release.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

yeah they've also said we'd get umbra 2 years ago and have never met a deadline yet so... Yeah i'm not holding my breath

Just now, LazerSkink said:

That's still, in the end, just a guess. We only have two cinematic quests to go off of so far, and only one of them was given a teaser, but horribly delayed. It's completely unpredictable when Sacrifice will release.

Yeah but remember TWW was delayed partly because they had to do a huge script rewrite (or chose to, however you want to look at it), they have no such issue with this quest. There is no guarantee, but I think they are trying to do one major quest a year, so I at least expect them to try to push it out this year if possible. 

I understand not wanting people to get their hopes up without confirmation though. We don't really know anything right now, except the name, and that we will finally be able to get Umbra and learn more about warframes. 

6 minutes ago, BadgerBoy297 said:

So, what we see was already in the Chinese build as Excalibur Umbra Prime. I have heard many times that the international build wasn't getting Excalibur Umbra Prime, but instead just Excalibur Umbra. Since this was the Chinese founder item, are we getting Excalibur Umbra Prime and they get regular Excalibur Prime? I'm glad we're getting Umbra Prime (hopefully), but doesn't this seem kind of... shady? (bdum-tsss)

IIrc thing has been clear during 2 years, Chinese build doesn't get our founders' gear, but they agreed on their originators stuff to be time limited as long as it's not purchasable for money, in game, nor drops for free. A quest reward seems to stay in the agreement between DE and LeYou anyways.

Also, Our Umbra isn't Umbra Prime as theirs so it's basically not the same thing

On the main topic:

EDIT: Umbra teaser in timestamp for OP.

Spoiler

Edited by Stormdragon

4 minutes ago, BadgerBoy297 said:

What you misunderstood (and a lot of people appear to try their damnedest to propagate said misunderstanding) is that the only difference between "Excalibur Umbra" and "Excalibur Umbra Prime" is the name.

5 minutes ago, BadgerBoy297 said:

According to Steve's twitter post Umbra and Umbra Prime would look virtually identical. Its in the OP.