Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

14 minutes ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

From what I can see from the trailer we can surmise a few things: 

1. The quest or Umbra will involve the Orokin Moon for sure. 

2. We don't know what vehicle-looking thing is in the opening shot. Perhaps it's some old chamber to hold somebody? Maybe this has something to do with the ghosts on the Orokin Moon. 

3. That brand new Nikana...I'm thinking that actually might be the first official Umbra weapon - Nikana Umbra. 

4. The key is the word "miracle". What is the miracle? Wasn't that word used by Palantine during the Harrow quest? I think, as many of previously speculated, that the Umbra is an example of a Warframe where the operator has been fused into the frame itself to save the life of the operator, or to preserve its consciousness. If I understand correctly, this was the case of Rell wasn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thoughts? 

That's not a new Nikana. It's just the regular vanilla one.

It was just revealed, as well as it was only a little over a week ago where U.21 was released. IF THEY DO CONTINUE TO WORK ON THIS CONTENT AND NOT HAVE ANY DISRUPTIONS, SETBACKS, ETC, I assume 3-5 months. I guarantee the quest isn't even fully formulated yet, but give it time. I'd rather wait for a good release than a rushed and buggy/horrible release.

1 hour ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

From what I can see from the trailer we can surmise a few things: 

1. The quest or Umbra will involve the Orokin Moon for sure. 

2. We don't know what vehicle-looking thing is in the opening shot. Perhaps it's some old chamber to hold somebody? Maybe this has something to do with the ghosts on the Orokin Moon. 

3. That brand new Nikana...I'm thinking that actually might be the first official Umbra weapon - Nikana Umbra. 

4. The key is the word "miracle". What is the miracle? Wasn't that word used by Palantine during the Harrow quest? I think, as many of previously speculated, that the Umbra is an example of a Warframe where the operator has been fused into the frame itself to save the life of the operator, or to preserve its consciousness. If I understand correctly, this was the case of Rell wasn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thoughts? 

55 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

That's not a new Nikana. It's just the regular vanilla one.

ill do it by order 

1. we only know umbra excal is seen on moon , in his original trailer it shows an eclipsed moon for china release , he could run around the system like acolytes , or met there and lead us to a new place like the plains 
  2. looks to be an orokin wall peice , ive been on that tileset plenty and seen it in that spot before, remember moon is crumbling 
  3. just a standard nikana, EXAMPLE:Image result for warframe nikana
  4. ive seen some of it..console still dont have harrow ... but from what i gathered thats actually the manifested negative emotions? 

57 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Oh well I didn't need to sleep tonight anyway.

Image result for fear gif

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Plot twist theory: Umbra has Margulis' mind in it.

Thought about your post after listening to Ballas in the Umbra quest teaser again. We know from The Second Dream that the Orokin intended to destroy the Tenno, but Margulis is the reason they didn't get destroyed. Maybe while the rest of the Orokin thought she was destroyed, Margulis was somewhat saved/preserved by Ballas with a sneaky ploy?

"If you could trade, would you? Surely, but all miracles require sacrifice. For their life, yours." - Ballas

It's an interesting thought to entertain.

1 hour ago, Airwolfen said:

Well eidolon is scheduled for 2017 and umbra is the next cinematic quest. So both should not be that far off in main update terms.

Tombs of the Sentient was scheduled for 2015 IIRC, which then had to be gutted and released as Echoes of the Sentient. Not very promising.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

it all looks great, and I certainly can't wait for free roam and umbra and all that, and I don't wan't to be that guy, but...

if they throw open world into warframe, how big is that update gonna be?  cause second dream was, what? 3ish gigs, maybe more, the open world update is gonna be @(*()$ huge

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Tombs of the Sentient was scheduled for 2015 IIRC, which then had to be gutted and released as Echoes of the Sentient. Not very promising.

Well stuff can happen with updates that are not planned. However they did show a product here that was far enough along to show quite a bit of footage. so its release is a lot more secure and less volatile to radical changes.

20 minutes ago, -YoRHa- said:

Thought about your post after listening to Ballas in the Umbra quest teaser again. We know from The Second Dream that the Orokin intended to destroy the Tenno, but Margulis is the reason they didn't get destroyed. Maybe while the rest of the Orokin thought she was destroyed, Margulis was somewhat saved/preserved by Ballas with a sneaky ploy?

"If you could trade, would you? Surely, but all miracles require sacrifice. For their life, yours." - Ballas

It's an interesting thought to entertain.

Is Ballas trying to revive Margulis? He could be giving a rhetorical argument against the Tenno as an antagonist. Hmm?

1 minute ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Is Ballas trying to revive Margulis? He could be giving a rhetorical argument against the Tenno as an antagonist. Hmm?

My post is suggesting that it could be possible that Ballas was speaking to Margulis before her 'execution' took place, based on the person i was replying to and their post.

For their(Tenno's) life, yours(Margulis).

1 minute ago, -YoRHa- said:

My post is suggesting that it could be possible that Ballas was speaking to Margulis before her 'execution' took place, based on the person i was replying to and their post.

For their(Tenno's) life, yours(Margulis).

very good point! Wait... what if Margulis got executed because she refused to weaponise not normal Warframes but Umbra WF's? 

Am I the only one who's not a fan of the Ballas concept art? He doesn't look perfect at all. I was expecting someone with his voice and attitude to have a bit of a, say, "martial" quality to him, not a blue-skinned wannabe Greek guy. I mean, he reminds me of this:

e9c7df3e0e5c48be267f67d28d85a022.jpg