Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

9 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

what about the first picture. the only other thing we couldn't explain was the body on my brothers screen? note that we weren't doing a capture mission.

You get that if your operator falls far enough. They just fall flat on their back.

I feel like the sacrifice meantioned in the trailer has to do with the operator giving up his/her mortal human form to fully transfer his/her conscience to the warframe. If we go back to the second dream quest we hear margulus say dream very often. And telling us to dream of what we want to be. That's said just before the operator crawls towards the warframe equiped during the quest. Could this be a more in depth desire to "upgrade."

A trade? If you could would you trade, their life for yours? Let's think about which perspective is more appropriate. Is this question being asked to the operator or the warframe? If it was asked towards the warframe then it would make the situation seem that the warframe is gaining a conscience, and that's warframes would no longer just be a vessel. In the second dream when the stalker impales the warframe with the hunhow war heavy blade it breaks free. Is that a sign of a warframe gaining its own will or was that just a small peek of what power is to be gained after the war within quest? Now if the question is asked towards the operator, since the operator dreams of what he/she wants to be, wouldn't that mean that operator is trying to fully combine with the warframe? As a consequence the operator's life is lost? Then what does that mean for schools and focus trees? If that's the situation, could this mean a whole new implementation of focus skills like how warframe abilities are used (x,y,b,a) in the battlefield, since the operator would be one with the warframe?

I feel like the sacrifice meantioned in the trailer has to do with the operator giving up his/her mortal human form to fully transfer his/her conscience to the warframe. If we go back to the second dream quest we hear margulus say dream very often. And telling us to dream of what we want to be. That's said just before the operator crawls towards the warframe equiped during the quest. Could this be a more in depth desire to "upgrade."

A trade? If you could would you trade, their life for yours? Let's think about which perspective is more appropriate. Is this question being asked to the operator or the warframe? If it was asked towards the warframe then it would make the situation seem that the warframe is gaining a conscience, and that's warframes would no longer just be a vessel. In the second dream when the stalker impales the warframe with the hunhow war heavy blade it breaks free. Is that a sign of a warframe gaining its own will or was that just a small peek of what power is to be gained after the war within quest? Now if the question is asked towards the operator, since the operator dreams of what he/she wants to be, wouldn't that mean that operator is trying to fully combine with the warframe? As a consequence the operator's life is lost? Then what does that mean for schools and focus trees? If that's the situation, could this mean a whole new implementation of focus skills like how warframe abilities are used (x,y,b,a) in the battlefield, since the operator would be one with the warframe?

1 hour ago, Vargras said:

There's literally nothing there. It's an empty room with a couple of crates, but nothing else.

Theres destroyed room way up on this tile. You have to bullet jump few ledges and break another wall. I found it only because of loot detector when I was farming octavia parts.

57 minutes ago, Vargras said:

You get that if your operator falls far enough. They just fall flat on their back.

No really i didnt know that sarcasm.Yeah that didn't happen at all. We were just in the room and it apea red for my brother. I'm just curious  if it's a glitch/bug or is it actually  somthing. 

1 minute ago, puppycorpse said:

The only question  I have is the body from the first picture. No one fell through or glitched. It just was there on my brothers screen.

Well Lua was crumbling after the jump back from the Void, do you think all of the Tenno made it out?

I think that for Umbra Warframes, usage of the Operator will be lost; but in turn, because the Umbra Warfarmes might have different abilities than their Prime/Normal variants, those Operator skills that we lost will be integrated into the Warframe. 

Basically, I think Umbra will not be an Operator using a Warframe, but one entity with abilities similar to both.

Edited by ZenshadowOfZramx

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Well Lua was crumbling after the jump back from the Void, do you think all of the Tenno made it out?

See now that's somthing to think about and an answer I like to see. Makes you think right? Who know you could be right.  I just find it so intresting  how that appears  after the trailers release  you know. Just some random body.

3 minutes ago, ZenshadowOfZramx said:

I think that for Umbra Warframes, usage of the Operator will be lost; but in turn, because the Umbra Warfarmes have different abilities than their Prime/Normal variants, those Operator skills that we lost will be integrated into the Warframe. 

Basically, I think Umbra will not be an Operator using a Warframe, but one entity with abilities similar to both.

Where was it stated by DE that Umbra warframes will have different abilities?

Just now, Ksaero said:

Where was it stated by DE that Umbra warframes will have different abilities?

In Devstream 72, the Devs said that Umbra Warframe won't be just a re-skin, but another variant of the regular Warframes, with presumably different stats and polarities. They may also have different abilities, but it isn't confirmed (I changed the will have different abilities in my post to may have different abilities; thank you for that :3)

13 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

See now that's somthing to think about and an answer I like to see. Makes you think right? Who know you could be right.  I just find it so intresting  how that appears  after the trailers release  you know. Just some random body.

Actually it has been there =p

5 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Exalted blade in general needs a second pass. It's a sword, not a fluctus. Don't get me wrong, the waves come in handy, but it feels cheap at the end of the day.

There are plenty of swords in games that create energy waves when you swing them. Destiny has apparently introduced it as well.

The waves are the only thing people use Exalted Blade for. Why on earth would anyone want to take them away? They've been nerfed already. Taking the waves away would only result in people just using their normal melee weapons which are already much more powerful with the Blood Rush and Body Count combo, thereby making Exalted Blade obsolete.

People need to stop asking for nerfs to perfectly adequate abilities. 

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

I've said it before and I will mention it again. I think the Warframe itself will be the protagonist of the next big quest. Something happens to the Operator and our Warframe somehow is moving on it's own, it wants to save the Operator, even if it means sacrifice and possibly disobey the Lotus.

10 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I've said it before and I will mention it again. I think the Warframe itself will be the protagonist of the next big quest. Something happens to the Operator and our Warframe somehow is moving on it's own, it wants to save the Operator, even if it means sacrifice and possibly disobey the Lotus.

So basically, it's going to be The War Within all over again, but except this time we'll be running from giant Orokin maws in our disarmed Warframe. Nice. 

Just kidding. 

1 hour ago, ZenshadowOfZramx said:

In Devstream 72, the Devs said that Umbra Warframe won't be just a re-skin, but another variant of the regular Warframes, with presumably different stats and polarities. They may also have different abilities, but it isn't confirmed (I changed the will have different abilities in my post to may have different abilities; thank you for that :3)

Just re-listened to the Umbra part of devstream 72, nothing was said about different abilities. It was about a pleasant surprise and connection to TSD, I guess back then they were hinting at War Within quest (Umbra was supposed to appear there before the script was re-written).

Edited by Ksaero