Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Wasn't umbra supposed to have altered abilities when compared to the "original" frame?
I'm a bit disappointed it's just a carbon copy (and no, howling instead of raising your sword to stun enemies doesn't count).

It wasn’t said anywhere that he’d have altered or different abilities. All we knew was that he was destined to be different in some way. I guess what we got is DE’s answer. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

a project art im workings on, with so many milestones broken i decided to try and do a good art piece to commemorate them 

sketch1529847957700.png

This is being 'worked on'? Looks good already. If the sketch already exudes this much awesome, I can't wait to see it coloured.
And I need Operator Katana in my life yesterday. Perhaps Umbra will teach us how to do it with our squishy real bodies, like he seems to be in this picture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This is being 'worked on'? Looks good already. If the sketch already exudes this much awesome, I can't wait to see it coloured.
And I need Operator Katana in my life yesterday. Perhaps Umbra will teach us how to do it with our squishy real bodies, like he seems to be in this picture.

i tend to do a lot of lineart so im getting better at developing it , ive often drawn my operator with umbra excal and using a katana , im hoping one day we get operator melee and it becomes a thing 

after the lineart is cleaned ill start grey scale shading then color then lighting render 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i tend to do a lot of lineart so im getting better at developing it , ive often drawn my operator with umbra excal and using a katana , im hoping one day we get operator melee and it becomes a thing 

after the lineart is cleaned ill start grey scale shading then color then lighting render 

I'm telling you, second I get the option to give my Operator a sword, I'm taking it. Katana, Exalted Blade lite or Longsword, I'm doing it. It feels more appropriate to give the more human Operators a more 'old ways' weapon like that. Even if it is amped up with void magic. Especially, come to think of it. It'd serve well for the themes of duality that the Tenno embody. Gun and Blade, Mind and Body, Machine and Magic.

Looking forward to the end result!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I'm telling you, second I get the option to give my Operator a sword, I'm taking it. Katana, Exalted Blade lite or Longsword, I'm doing it. It feels more appropriate to give the more human Operators a more 'old ways' weapon like that. Even if it is amped up with void magic. Especially, come to think of it. It'd serve well for the themes of duality that the Tenno embody. Gun and Blade, Mind and Body, Machine and Magic.

Looking forward to the end result!

I am still heavily crossing fingers for some kind of melee Void Blast Amp to go along with our Void Laser amp to come with Plains of Venus. Wishful thinking perhaps, but having amps for each of the Tenno abilities just makes a bunch of sense to me!

17 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Have we had any word about when The Sacrifice will be re-playable?

It was supposed to be re-playable last week.

On 2018-06-24 at 2:21 PM, Urlan said:

I am still heavily crossing fingers for some kind of melee Void Blast Amp to go along with our Void Laser amp to come with Plains of Venus. Wishful thinking perhaps, but having amps for each of the Tenno abilities just makes a bunch of sense to me!

Eh. That just sounds like more grind to me.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

so some reflection on skijiat in terms of its design

Spoiler

lol 1st pc captura ive done .... sorry it was on my laptop 

the design of the skijiat has a thick niku in its geometry as apposed to how the nikanas typically areImage result for niku blade

it also sports a bo-hi along the top half of the blade .(which some may confuse with a blood groove) which is a lightening method to reduce weight on blade and re balance it

Image result for bo hi

the tip of the blade is also a diamond style geometry tip which + thicker niku makes it capable of stabbing into solid objects without deforming the tip (most katanas are a slashing weapon  by design)

the grip seems to match the codex as being made from umbras flesh, while the pommel has a decorative crown piece 

the sheath also seems to match the grip in material , which in appearance when sheathed reminds one of a shirasaya katana setup [storage blade] as it does not have a tsuba/guard

so i have to wonder at the original 2017 trailer showing him grab a nikana , and that maybe he took that base weapon and reforged it into this himself ? being a dax and a very high ranking one i assume he could have also known methods of forging such

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

my umbra excal on pc is white to counter match my xbox ones black theme , yin yang ect...

34 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Well, even the dialogue seems to have been repurposed from the trailer, so they likely just had a rough outline then and redid it in the last few months. Evidenced by the redirecting of the plot and the change in design of the weapon.

would have been much cooler if we had to sacrifice something instead of the plot we got

18 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

would have been much cooler if we had to sacrifice something instead of the plot we got

It was never certain if we were the ones that would have to sacrifice anything.

Idk. The more time goes by, the softer my stance on The Sacrifice becomes. 

Still wish there had been more with Ballas, but I'm sure we'll see him again.

10 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

It was never certain if we were the ones that would have to sacrifice anything.

Idk. The more time goes by, the softer my stance on The Sacrifice becomes. 

Still wish there had been more with Ballas, but I'm sure we'll see him again.

per de this quest marks the end of the trilogy story tsd/tww/ts and moves onto the next cinematic plot wich has been in dev along side the sacrifice 

26 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

per de this quest marks the end of the trilogy story tsd/tww/ts and moves onto the next cinematic plot wich has been in dev along side the sacrifice 

What has said that any of the next quest has been worked on? Particularly concurrently with Sacrifice? DE Steve said after most of last year how he had been working on Sacrifice that the meat of it was only started a month to two before release on his twitter Q and A. Personally, I would figure since Sacrifice needed a Prologue, it should likely have an Epilogue to fill it out and at least answer some questions we have been wondering for a while. If not that, at least introduce the Sentient Outpost zone.