Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sicarus Prime still strong disposition!?

TheShadow129

ahm ok with u21 the sicarus prime got another buff and still has an strong disposition is that a joke or something i mean with the previous buff the sicarus was already sortie viable now another little buff and still a strong disposition? im calling the riven nerf for sicarus

Riven disposition is based upon USAGE of the weapon, not the weapon stats. Sure the sicarus was buffed, but people still aren't really using it over the Euphona prime or ect, thus it's riven disposition is going to remain strong.

The Sicarus Prime still sort of struggles against higher level enemies. I've been playing around with mine a lot more since the most recent buff. While my builds are far from optimal for the meta and/or conventional, I've tried maxed out damage builds(minus rivens, as I've yet to complete The War Within) and others(like crit, etc.) and it still isn't near as powerful vs. high level enemies like Lex Prime can be.

Of course, this is just my experience with Sicarus Prime.

29 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Disposition is based on both and is determined manually by the devs.

It's only based on both in specific cases.
Like Tonkor etc, weapons that are indefinitely spammed by the community and used for cheese.

The Sicarus will never be used for cheese, and no matter how many buffs you give it, only very few of us will ever touch it.
I love the weapon, I've been using it since Ember Prime Access, but that's me.

EDIT: When the Disposition is fully based on Popularity of a weapon, the disposition is controlled automatically by an algorithm.
It's only manually controlled when the Devs have to interfere like with Tonkor etc.

Edited by Klavinmour

6 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

it still isn't near as powerful vs. high level enemies like Lex Prime can be

I have good rivens for both and my Sicarus P laughs at my Lex P... and any other secondary.

1 minute ago, O.O_ said:

I have good rivens for both and my Sicarus P laughs at my Lex P... and any other secondary.

It does deserve to be laughing though.

For years the Sicarus Prime has been the laughing stock of secondaries.

12 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

and it still isn't near as powerful vs. high level enemies like Lex Prime can be.

I would have to say that this is your opinion and not a fact.  I'm of the same mind as the Tenno O.O_ above.  Sicarus Prime is much better than my Lex Prime.   So far my AkMagnus are better than the AKLex Prime.  So, I'm gonna have to say that the Lex P is much overrated IMO.  

Just now, Klavinmour said:

For years the Sicarus Prime has been the laughing stock of secondaries.

And now it is(/can be) the best. It's a shame no one uses Sicarus... I need plat.

Spoiler alert : it was already in top 3 even before this buff.

Sometimes I wonder how they are determining buffs and nerfs, sicarus case feels like a guy was throwing darts at a board with pictures of weapons glued to it. 

- Oh I hit Sicarus, lets buff it again.

Meanwhile Braton Prime still have reduced max ammo for no apparent reason and Sobek still got straight up ridiculous 4 sec reload. :thumbup:

I played around with Harrow and Sicarus a bit, but it doesn't even need all that CC to be extremely good.

https://streamable.com/sr0ux

100% done with this total BS, the Sicarus Prime spent over 3 years in the damn trash ignored, and when FINALLY the devs give it a well deserved buff we already have ppl like you hounding for it to be nerfed like its the new Tonkor or Synoid simulor, 

I can't believe this garbage I'm seeing

The selfish side of me says, "Please no, not my beautiful OP Sicarus Riven, it didn't hurt anyone". 

The practical side of me says, "This is not okay, probably should be nerfed". 

Sicarus Rivens have been OP since its last buff, now they are just stupid. It is an end game gun that competes with the best sidearm in the game as it is now a monster of both status and crit without Rivens. 

But please don't hurt my Sicarus Riven, it never hurt anyone....

Edited by DrBorris

52 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

100% done with this total BS, the Sicarus Prime spent over 3 years in the damn trash ignored, and when FINALLY the devs give it a well deserved buff we already have ppl like you hounding for it to be nerfed like its the new Tonkor or Synoid simulor, 

I can't believe this garbage I'm seeing

They're not asking for the weapon to be nerfed, though. They're asking for the completely optional Rivens associated with it to be nerfed because the Sicarus Prime is an absolute monster, right now and anyone saying that it isn't is blatantly lying.

You need to separate your feelings from the facts in front of you. Something not being strong for a while doesn't justify it being so grossly powerful when equipped with a mod that still thinks the weapon is garbage and in obscurity.

3 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

The selfish side of me says, "Please no, not my beautiful OP Sicarus Riven, it didn't hurt anyone". 

The practical side of me says, "This is not okay, probably should be nerfed". 

Sicarus Rivens have been OP since its last buff, now they are just stupid. It is an end game gun that competes with the best sidearm in the game as it is now a monster of both status and crit without Rivens. 

But please don't hurt my Sicarus Riven, it never hurt anyone....

This is exactly how I feel about this topic.  I got the gun during the Ember Prime unvauling, and liked it before even getting riven for it.  

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

They're not asking for the weapon to be nerfed, though. They're asking for the completely optional Rivens associated with it to be nerfed because the Sicarus Prime is an absolute monster, right now and anyone saying that it isn't is blatantly lying.

You need to separate your feelings from the facts in front of you. Something not being strong for a while doesn't justify it being so grossly powerful when equipped with a mod that still thinks the weapon is garbage and in obscurity.

It's still not grossly overpowered.
It's a pistol with bad ammo conservation and small ammo pool.
In fact being a 3 shot burst weapon that ends up with the final shot in the clip being 1 instead of a full three shot burst is ridiculous.
You say it's a monster but it still doesn't know what it wants to be, you can't hit 100% status with the four split mods, it's only %70ish crit chance with Primed crit chance mod.
It's good, but not great, it's the Sybaris Prime of secondaries, okay but easily out performed by others that are it's direct competition.

As has been said in this thread, it's not a CHEESE weapon, it CAN'T be a cheese weapon.
Sure it /can/ hit hard now, but still doesn't compare to either META or CHEESE weapons.
Very few people use this weapon, and popularity is what is the major factor in Riven Disposition UNTIL a weapon becomes cheese such as Simulor/Tonkor/etc in which case the disposition needs to be artificially modified.

Rivens are as you said OPTIONAL, and most people either ignored or trashed their Sicarus Rivens until now because of how bad of a meme the Sicarus Prime is.
Same with the Lato, who's gonna keep a LATO RIVEN!?
Not even people with the Lato Prime would keep a Lato Riven. (until now)

If the Sicarus Prime with Riven Mods is as overpowered as you believe it is, the situation will naturally sort itself out as the gun becomes more popular and the algorithm nerfs Sicarus Disposition as it's supposed to.

No need to nerf Riven IMO. It will only create unnecessary backlash from the community. To be honest, I  totally didn't expect U21 buffs to Sicarus Prime. It was already pretty solid on its own, and a decent Riven pushes it to the top tier. Anyway, DE buffed Sicarus Prime again, so it is even better, nerf worthy though? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Klavinmour said:

that ends up with the final shot in the clip being 1 instead of a full three shot burst is ridiculous.

Just jumping in here, that got changed quite a while ago, before the two recent buffs. Was definitely ridiculous though.