The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

4 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Just don't hype yourself up for it. the Cetus area is just a 50 player area and the plains are 4 player max squad based. These are confirmed parts of info.

so no fighting the giant sentient alongside dozens of other Tenno then? shame. they might consider expanding this later on though, remember that this is basically a Beta of open world Warframe, if we like it and it works, and if we yell loud enough, we might see improvements like this added later on.

3 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

4 players to cover a map spanning 3x3km ? Really???

The current procedural maps are pretty big, it's just the fact that people tend to group in a single room that makes them feel smaller. 
Recent Uranus Spy had the spawn point 1km away from C vault and that's in a straight line. 3x3km isn't that big for a mission area.

3 minutes ago, Rakiss said:

The current procedural maps are pretty big, it's just the fact that people tend to group in a single room that makes them feel smaller. 
Recent Uranus Spy had the spawn point 1km away from C vault and that's in a straight line. 3x3km isn't that big for a mission area.

You're comparing tunnels, corridors and caves to an open map? Really?

I'm already kind of prepared: plenty credits and resources, and ideas of what new Melees I want to build. probably spend the first day taking on a few Grineer outposts, then visiting the Market to buy things and craft my weapons. I should probably practice my spear throwing ready for fishing as well..

I'll prepare my Ash for PoE.

Huge map, invisible Warframe who can teleport to Enemies and kill them before they even see him (with Overextended + Stretch + Cunning Drift 125m range on Bladestorm and 150m range on Teleport).

Who needs a sniper if you can be invisible and have such range on your damage abilities :P

My Predator will be ready.

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

I'm seeing interviews that day that PoE will be a beginner area during the day. While i get why they don't want to lock the open landscape behind a grind to entice new players, it will feel very anti climactic to veterans to experience that content. Don't take that intro experience of PoE away from us. We should have the option to start that area at a high level.

Don't make it like specters of the rail content where we didn't get the option to experience the new start chart again. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Do you think we can PUG it?

I forgot but I did read something about that :| I believe something about it is in Steve his twitter feed. I believe you can pug it but that is not something I say with certainty. So best to check it on his twitter.

31 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

4 players to cover a map spanning 3x3km ? Really???

For now at least. Steve noted that the plans were that its accessible to at least larger groups. but because they want to release early they will do the systems to make that possible later on and make it standard 4 player squads to start with. (and a nudge that maps may very well be bigger because this is somewhat of a test and at the very least highly experimental)

26 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so no fighting the giant sentient alongside dozens of other Tenno then? shame. they might consider expanding this later on though, remember that this is basically a Beta of open world Warframe, if we like it and it works, and if we yell loud enough, we might see improvements like this added later on.

There will be improvements and there are 2 other settlements in the works at the moment according to steve. So like the previous reaction, If possible they want to go for larger groups, but because they want to release earlier then that addition would allow the squad will be a standard 4 player cell at first.

Edited by Airwolfen

16 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

You're comparing tunnels, corridors and caves to an open map? Really?

What we've seen so far suggests that the area will be based around discrete missions focused on specific areas of the map. This effectively renders the missions linear for the purposes of normal play (like if the procedural maps were infinite - there would be no point, people would take the most direct route).

I'm not saying that it's similar overall, I'm just saying that there's nothing there that prompts having more players. The players aren't needing to cover a 9km2 area, they're covering the objective area and the path to and from it.

The open map is nice, it feels less restricting than corridors and will change up the gameplay in many ways that are incomparable to tiles, however, in regards squad size I don't think it will have any effect.

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

While i get why they don't want to lock the open landscape behind a grind to entice new players, it will feel very anti climactic to veterans to experience that content.

Speak for yourself, my friend. For me, the value of Plains isn't going to be tied to stat-based difficulty.

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Well, I think the high-level-instancing should be spread solar-system-wide, at all.

We don't need to have only one challenging area. I want to do challenging runs on Venus, Saturn, Earth, Lua, EVERYWHERE.

Basically 'mini Sorties' that appear everywhere which reward Lenses (2nd Dream), Reactor/Catalyst, or Rivens (War Within)?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Except that Steve said, during the presentation, that he wants the difficulty of PoE to not be centered around enemy effective health and armor levels.

The challenge, at night at least, will probably have to do more with squad cooperation rather than enemy levels.

Yeah, I get that it gets difficult at night, but there's is still a lot of day content to experience. 

It would be far more engaging for vets if it weren't filled with a bunch of Earth level enemies. I'm sure most vets want to raid grineer camps too, in addition to fighting kaiju at night. 

All im asking is for a way to make the day as engaging as the nights for vets. Not make it so that we're practically invincible until the sun goes down 

I'm curious as to what archwings people will be using in PoE. 
As I see it:

Odonata:
-The shield will be alright, good for tanking bases. 
-Flares will be entirely useless.
-Missiles will be pretty good for nuking enemies on the ground, but the 4th ability probably won't see much use due to it being radial rather than targeted.

Elytron:
-Lots of missiles, should be the best at nuking groups of enemies.
-Another useless anti-missile ability.
-Not as fast as other archwings if I remember correctly.

Itzal:
-Teleport will make it the fastest way of crossing the map.
-Invisibility is inferior to all non-archwing invisibility, probably not worth it.
-3rd ability may see some use as a weak avalanche stand-in if augmented.
-I don't see the drones being especially useful unless you stay low.

Amesha:
-Able to block 15 instances of damage on self or ally - this will be OP if it affects ground targets.
-Defensive form of bullet attractor that heals and has an invincible snowglobe in the middle - again, probably pretty OP if it affects ground targets.
-Radial, channelled slow and status immunity - I'm noticing a bit of a theme here.
-Long-duration buff that boosts allies' power range and strength plus converts all damage taken into energy - do I even need to say it?

So yeah, amesha seems like it could be better than pre-nerf trinity. Itzal and Elytron seem fun. Odonata... is there too I guess.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:04 PM, -Wholas- said:

I dont recall you saying the host, you said a server like the relays and that would be a problem since near every player is going to dive right in.
You also fail to realize that a singlar host for that much rendering is going to kill connections and have incredible lag.
A lot of players already deal with lag in small defense mission areas, So how are people going to keep up with supporting a total of 4 players outside of solo?

Um...that was my first post in this thread, so....I'm pretty sure you have me confused with someone else.

They already stated that the explorable map section is limited to 4 players at a time and that they've been working on "seamless" transitions.

If you put those two things together, and look at the footage, it appears that you and your "team" of up to 4 enter the outpost which is hosted on a relay like server but when you exit into the open world map you are moved to a host service based on party composition.

22 minutes ago, Rakiss said:

What we've seen so far suggests that the area will be based around discrete missions focused on specific areas of the map. This effectively renders the missions linear for the purposes of normal play (like if the procedural maps were infinite - there would be no point, people would take the most direct route).

I'm not saying that it's similar overall, I'm just saying that there's nothing there that prompts having more players. The players aren't needing to cover a 9km2 area, they're covering the objective area and the path to and from it.

The open map is nice, it feels less restricting than corridors and will change up the gameplay in many ways that are incomparable to tiles, however, in regards squad size I don't think it will have any effect.

I hope they will fill the map with stuff to explore and scan and stuff, sort of like ME Andromeda.

7 minutes ago, Rakiss said:

Invisibility is inferior to all non-archwing invisibility, probably not worth it.

I brought a frame with no stealth skills, then I bring Itzal.

Sounds useful to me

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I hope they will fill the map with stuff to explore and scan and stuff, sort of like ME Andromeda.

I believe it's been mentioned that they are. There's definitely fishing (for some reason, not sure who wanted that...). 
The stuff to explore would need to be randomly generated to an extent, else there's no incentive to visit it more than once. That or it becomes a chore to visit it every time and go through an identical process to grind a specific resource.

24 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

I brought a frame with no stealth skills, then I bring Itzal.

Sounds useful to me

Except you have to stay still to be invisible. Maybe in interceptions it could potentially be useful, but unless you can hack or revive non-archwings from archwing I don't see it being that great.

Edited by Rakiss
added specificity