The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

27 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Basically 'mini Sorties' that appear everywhere which reward Lenses (2nd Dream), Reactor/Catalyst, or Rivens (War Within)?

Or a permanent option letting you decide on the initial enemy level or rotation count.

For example, you could chose to start Hieracon at the 2k cryotics mark or a Hydron at the 40th wave. Of course you would skip all the "missed" rewards and could only start with the first A rotation, simply at higher level.

For non-endless missions, maybe having the possibility to chose enemy level (capped the same as Simulacrum, based on your MR).

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

[Quotation]

That reminds me of what DE was planning with Clan-unique missions, allowing the Clan leader to choose what and where (maybe by now with a mini Clan event to set the mission in motion, like leaking misinformation to Hunhow to get him to attack the Grineer).

8 minutes ago, Rakiss said:

Except you have to stay still to be invisible. Maybe in interceptions it could potentially be useful, but unless you can hack or revive from archwing I don't see it being that great.

I don't think hacking is doable in AW.

Reviving while invisible using itzal is already a thing.

47 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

PoE does have high level instancing, it's called Merciless difficulty and maps

Hide contents

;)

Ayyyyyyye

I think Warframe could actually use a difficulty system like Path of Exile - just without the backtracking. 

2 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

I don't think hacking is doable in AW.

Reviving while invisible using itzal is already a thing.

But will it be possible to revive warframes while in archwing mode?
The demo we saw shows a very quick transition from archwing to warframe mode and I speculate that it will automatically trigger when you get low enough. If this is the case then there might be a tiny margin where you can revive downed warframes while airbourne, but you're more likely to switch out of archwing mode. 

1 minute ago, Volinus7 said:

As if the term 'veteran' doesn't associate with broken meta spam and gear checks lol

Meta gear or not, I'm not asking for level 200 bullet sponge enemies. At least 50+. I'm asking for level appropriate content for players that have already completed the star chart.

Running around Earth level enemies would basically turn PoE into a walking simulator for anyone with 800hrs+ in this game.

I'm surprised that there is resistance to this idea. You guys actually want PoE to be filled with beginner level enemies during the day???

14 minutes ago, Rakiss said:

Except you have to stay still to be invisible. Maybe in interceptions it could potentially be useful, but unless you can hack or revive from archwing I don't see it being that great.

I don't think you should start topics on subjects you don't have a clue about. Where this topic is heading is a possible rework of archwing, yet you don't know basic stuff about it. So please spend some actual time playing archwing, all of them and then come back because as it seems to me, all you did was level up it and that's it.

1 minute ago, Rakiss said:

But will it be possible to revive warframes while in archwing mode?
The demo we saw shows a very quick transition from archwing to warframe mode and I speculate that it will automatically trigger when you get low enough. If this is the case then there might be a tiny margin where you can revive downed warframes while airbourne, but you're more likely to switch out of archwing mode. 

All on speculation. Maybe you can, or can't really.

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Meta gear or not, I'm not asking for level 200 bullet sponge enemies. At least 50+. I'm asking for level appropriate content for players that have already completed the star chart.

Running around Earth level enemies would basically turn PoE into a walking simulator for anyone with 800hrs+ in this game.

I'm surprised that there is resistance to this idea. You guys actually want PoE to be filled with beginner level enemies during the day???

Bullet sponge with One hit KO is the current definition of "difficulty" in Warframe, isn't it? and "veteran" means you have enough tools to trivialize it.

^^^

This is pretty much the homeostasis of veterans right now unless there's a giant overhaul to move the meta(s) out of this zone.

I wonder if they gonna get rid of infinite scaling and draw solid definitive lines for difficulties.

Edited by Volinus7

1 minute ago, Volinus7 said:

Bullet sponge with One hit KO is the current definition of "difficulty" in Warframe, isn't it? and "veteran" means you have enough tools to trivialize it.

What are you even talking about? You're attaching a bunch of your own personal meanings to these words. Sounds like a personal issue, and not related to the topic.

56 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Yeah, I get that it gets difficult at night, but there's is still a lot of day content to experience. 

It would be far more engaging for vets if it weren't filled with a bunch of Earth level enemies. I'm sure most vets want to raid grineer camps too, in addition to fighting kaiju at night. 

All im asking is for a way to make the day as engaging as the nights for vets. Not make it so that we're practically invincible until the sun goes down 

The map seems big, it's totally possible to find some HL places not made for new players even at day. Or maybe "elites" type mobs, world bosses, etc. Any things you have in your common mmo in the first zone. Things HL but living near low level players, since you can avoid them (after you died trying :clem: )

Edited by Xgomme

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

What are you even talking about? You're attaching a bunch of your own personal meanings to these words. Sounds like a personal issue, and not related to the topic.

You didn't even define what you want.

You can revive in archwing mode? Who knew...

Archwings will be used very well in PoE, aerial assault, mobility, the transitions to and from are quite quick.
Also, the ability range on Archwings work differently than warframes. Its greater. So the smoke from Elytron may look small in space, but it will be pretty big on the planes.

Also, the demo... while I could be wrong, it showed the warframe using warframe based weapons than arch-weapons/ melee. So Itzal invisible staying still in the sky, with a Sniper sounds like it would pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Except that Steve said, during the presentation, that he wants the difficulty of PoE to not be centered around enemy effective health and armor levels.

The challenge, at night at least, will probably have to do more with squad cooperation rather than enemy levels.

So how will there be any challenges whatsoever with level 10 enemies that even Mag can face tank? Puzzles?

Enemies don't need to be lvl.150 to feel a challenge. 

All I'm asking is for a way to start the instance with enemies at a decent enough level to actually gives us a reason to use stealth, snipers, tactics, etc.

At beginner levels, enemies will be completely ignorable.

Just now, INight00 said:

Archwing+Sniper.

Not just that. Archwing + Zarr/Tonkor/Penta/Kulstar/Amsturng/Talons or Supra/Soma/large-clip-rifle.
Imagine the potential of these 'hit-run' fighter/bomber builds, especially when fighting the Sentient "Bursa-Raptor with a tree stuck to it". 

They are likely going to add their weak point idea to like leader units. where pure dps/element/powers are void and you just have to interact with them a certain way like kuva guards. While all the grunts within 100m can be #4'ed as usual. Their level is inconsequential as they will be cheesed anyway.

Edited by Firetempest

2 minutes ago, INight00 said:

Also, the ability range on Archwings work differently than warframes. Its greater. So the smoke from Elytron may look small in space, but it will be pretty big on the planes.

According to the wiki, that's specific to archwing missions, whether this will translate over to regular missions is up for debate. I believe the ranges are a lot shorter in sharkwing, but the tight confines, limited enemy numbers and the fact that sharkwing is generally awful make me unwilling to put in the effort to confirm or deny this.

5 minutes ago, INight00 said:

So Itzal invisible staying still in the sky, with a Sniper sounds like it would pretty damn good.

In general staying in the sky with a sniper or launcher sounds great. Enemy accuracy is terrible at range and everything that isn't an Elytron has a way to deal with attacks from distant enemies (Odonata shield, Itzal invis and Amesha everything).

2 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

The map seems big, it's totally possible to find some HL places not made for new players even at day. Or maybe "elites" type mobs, world bosses, etc. Any things you have in your common mmo in the first zone. Things HL but living near low level players, since you can avoid them (after you died trying :clem: )

I'm hoping this at least, but that would either leave a very small area for new players, or a very small area for vets (during day).

I have seen so many threads wanting challenge in the game... but it is not about enemy being harder to kill, so what is it that you guys want?

Recently saw a thread complaining that nox is difficult to kill because a lot of armor etc, since it is hard to kill doesn't it mean that it is challenging?

Or the 'challenge' that everyone meant is... 'high level enemies but easy to kill'? lol

11 minutes ago, INight00 said:

Archwings will be used very well in PoE, aerial assault, mobility, the transitions to and from are quite quick.
Also, the ability range on Archwings work differently than warframes. Its greater. So the smoke from Elytron may look small in space, but it will be pretty big on the plains

The range of archwing abilities on the plain is bound to be taken down massively.
Itzal has 400meters worth of teleportation without any Range mod equipped.
It's cloak is 70+meters in general
Cosmic crush has 140 meters or so, that's a gigantic pull even if you are in the air. Using this just above the Auto-Switch limit would scrap an entire base.

I could do the example for every archwing, but you get the point.

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

I have seen so many threads wanting challenge in the game... but it is not about enemy being harder to kill, so what is it that you guys want?

Recently saw a thread complaining that nox is difficult to kill because a lot of armor etc, since it is hard to kill doesn't it mean that it is challenging?

Or the 'challenge' that everyone meant is... 'high level enemies but easy to kill'? lol

That's what DE wonders about every year.

giphy.gif

Bosses/units are pushovers > adds scaling > They turn into bullet-sponges > adds weakpoints > Too much invulnerable time > Adds nullify abilities > Powers aren't side boosts anymore, I fight purely with powers! >  Adds more mobility > They don't stay in place long enough to shoot so they take forever. And so on.