The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

As a vet, whos experienced pretty much all the game has to offer so far, im fine with weak enemies during the day there. I have parts and materials to farm, places to explore. This certainly doesnt sound like the last landscape theyd make either. I can imagine a sedna landscape in the future would be much harder. 

Personally i just hope they add environmental hazards and weather

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

Zephyr will rule the sky!

...until she reached the limit and forced back down because DE doesn't want to put an invisible ceiling but still puts a limit >.>

I bet it's more like ...Lotus pops up and says "you are leaving the mission area tenno, the ozone layer will burn you to a crisp if u go any higher" lol

9 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Sounds like they just changed how the spawn 'room' looks like. But in this case, it's totally different, since the spawn point will have to be in the middle of a mission, as the game sees it. Not to mention that includes loads of other players around that may as well spawn right there. If they haven't taken advances towards this ever since they made their engine, I doubt it will be a cake to implement.

it was just a menu. It wasn't a spawn point. You didn't spawn. You just started the game and you saw the menu. That was it back then. No spawn in, no ship, no separate menus. Everything was under tabs, You wanted to see crafting, you click on the crafting tab, you want to see your weapons, you click on the weapons tab. There was no walking around or anything. Update 14 was a massive update because they added a whole new system basically to the game and to the engine.

9 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Well yeah, this doesn't have a MMORPG engine. I can tell that there will be serious changes needed to change the log in point to anything other than the ship.

The original Guild Wars wasn't technically an MMORPG either. It called itself CO-RPG, because the map was divided into instances that you could only enter with a party of up to 8 players. You don't have to completely go the route of fully fleshed out MMORPGs to create a feeling of being part of a living world. In fact, I prefer the social hub/instanced world method because it allows for more tightly controlled encounters because the dev knows that how many players to take into account instead of watering features down for the worst case scenario.

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Well, I think the high-level-instancing should be spread solar-system-wide, at all.

We don't need to have only one challenging area. I want to do challenging runs on Venus, Saturn, Earth, Lua, EVERYWHERE.

Fixed it. Also, it's called sorties. Hope I'm not too harsh, and I'm not really against high-levels on solar map. But I'm pretty sure just having high levels available everywhere would enable mindless farming spots on each you signed. And, should remind you, draco (Rest in feces)

23 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I find it hard to believe they will let us use our normal archwings with all their powers. It will surely be a simple deployable for the sake of more mobility, nothing more.

Actually we will be able to use Arch-abilities, as the gameplay teaser showed us. We see them using the Odonata's missile barrage. 

52 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

As a vet, whos experienced pretty much all the game has to offer so far, im fine with weak enemies during the day there. I have parts and materials to farm, places to explore. This certainly doesnt sound like the last landscape theyd make either. I can imagine a sedna landscape in the future would be much harder. 

I agree.

Earth is just the beginning, its the first open world. Let it be a bit of a test run... Too easy? Not technical enough?
We have seen it, but when DE implements something 'new' like a weapon, the second implementation is always 'better'.
Earth could have the systems in place that we talk about it in regards to scaling (minus the progressively learning/ smarter AI), but when the we flood them with feedback they will know what needs to be put in and what shouldn't be in some cases.
Weather systems and environmental hazards on some planets can be a strong handicap in some cases. Kuva fortress defence, if you were unprepared can kill you or the operative on sorties very quickly.

Also... this: Its not much, but certain planets and whatever is on them can call for different play-styles.

Honestly? ill probably explore every inch of that city and map until my eyes bleed.  Maybe make a few weapons or find out how to farm parts. Then I guess tick off an Eidolon at night and let it obliterate me, cuz I'm curious. 

Ha sorta click bait title, but seriously I watched the angry joe interview that he had with Steve Sinclair and apparently Eyedrion plains content will be available to new players to the game, now these are just my opinions but do you really want to give new players access to this area, observe and do everything that it has to offer before having them go back to the regular grindfest of warframe missions with their closed in environment?  Thats like having them play Horrizon Zero Dawn and then switching the game out to Devil May Cry....you Can't do that and expect new players to remain interested in the linear missions and map designs,  I feel like it should be locked off until the player completes war within, because again if you expose a new player to these open vast area and then throw them into a box after your going to either alienate them from the other aspects of the game or drive them away completely when they realize the rest of the game is linear mission based content,   This upcoming expansion is great, but shouldn't be accessible until the player has already gotten their feet wet with warframe.

Seems to me there's a market for both types of games, so having them in the same game shouldn't be a turn-off. Big areas for wandering around, and then the normal missions are like "dungeons" that you run off to when you want something there, or need to level. A good example is Diablo 3 - the open world adventure areas and the linear, randomly generated Rifts are both played enthusiastically and offer different gameplay objectives, styles, and sources of fun.

Just want to point out that Steve tweeted that night time is only available for those who completed TWW. While what you say is true, it's only for daytime and you can return for endgame content after completing the appropriate quest.

40 minutes ago, pavlo555 said:

Fixed it. Also, it's called sorties. Hope I'm not too harsh, and I'm not really against high-levels on solar map. But I'm pretty sure just having high levels available everywhere would enable mindless farming spots on each you signed. And, should remind you, draco (Rest in feces)

Honestly having more farming spots would be a HUGE help in culling many of the overused farming spots, because now you can farm wherever you want (powerleveling is not going to go away, ever)

I genuinely want a toggle or something, to face lvl 50+ enemies on every node on the star chart.

Edited by rapt0rman

But you don't think after enjoying the open world environment new players might get annoyed going back to the mission format of warframe, even if its only for a day cycle theres going to be much conflict between experienced players and new players, and they said this map holds 50 people, so this might be other kinds of issues, maybe they should throw new players in a different instance with the map if they haven't completed TWW,  Personally I will be fishing all the time but thats beside the point.

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

That would be a really nice touch.  Also I wonder if they'll add a new stealth mechanic like being able to hide in bushes and stuff.  Idk just seems like a wasted opportunity if they didnt add that yanno?