The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

The problem with endgame is that people rush to beat it, and once they do, they turn around and go "where's the end game?"

It a conundrum for developers, and they typically fall into one of two approaches:

1. They're constantly developing a new carrot.

2. They ignore the "end game" players and focus on a game play loop.

In the end, the player looking to get all of the best stuff and beat the very toughest content will eventually win, and then ask when they'll get something more.  It's a lose-lose situation for everyone.  It just isn't worth it to keep developing for players like that, especially considering they're the small minority of players to boot but they scream the loudest because they know what they want and they're the One's that hit a very real wall in terms of "things to do" in their mind.

The guys taking the MK1-Braton (seriously, why is the metal trim tied to color #1?) and formaing the crap out of it though or modding a Lex, Magnus, or Pandero in such a way as to make it feel similar to the Lato?  They'll find ways to keep themselves entertained just fine.

And for what it's worth, you don't have to throw on all the damage onto every weapon and cheese your way through everything.  It isn't that the modding system leaves no room for customization, it's that people obsess over power, when that power is ridiculously over compensating for the standard issue content we regularly see released.

I really found the enemy mechanics in this game very intriguing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotgY4zImvg

Maybe in the normal missions having these enemies would have made it too claustrophobic, but don't you guys think enemies like this would raise the bar of warframe if its in the landscape tiles, we'd have to constantly run and dodge and be proactive!.

Just imagine those infested jumpers with the slam attack, once you hit specific points on its back the jump attack gets disabled and you know similarly maybe for the nullies once you hit the a point the shield is disabled for a precious few seconds to let you take them down.

I sincerely believe warframe requires enemy mechanics like this in Plains of Eidolon.

What are your opinions?

PS: I guess I wont have to wait 3 or 4 years to see this thread coming to life in warframe now!,

/r/Warframe/comments/6j3pdg/this_is_literally_what_i_believe_and_want/

Edited by Devil1d
Title clarity

If they added in robot dinosaurs and other wildlife, it'll just make it feel to samey. I'm sure there's still things they want to reveal, but won't to keep the surprise going, but having dinosaurs just won't be as impactful. I still haven't had a chance to go and pick up Horizon Zero Dawn, but with the videos I've seen, I don't want DE to copy an aspect of what makes the game striking. They need to have their own flair to the game to make it their own, the best way to do that is to come up with something different, but familiar. How to do that, is not something I've thought of.

As for different strategy towards enemies, maybe. We could see possible infested running around using loose metal plates, rocks or pieces of wood as armor to protect their more vulnerable spots should they show up on the landscape. Just an idea.

Edited by SurrealEdge

Ahh, sorry maybe I my intention didn't get through clearly. What I meant was the enemy mechanics. You know shooting certain points causes effects like disabling abilities. Maybe imagine our infested juggernaut, on shooting and destroying its horns maybe it could stop shooting spikes. 

I wouldn't mind seeing some more animals that can attack us, thinking like a big cat or something that prowls the earth during day/night cycles... bit like the sand skate on mars (or is it mercury...) or the ferral kubrow and kavats on earth/derelict.  Actually I wouldn't mind the bird attacking us from above or when we're in archwing....

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

I'm just going by what was said at TennoCon, I don't go near Twitter.

I'm pretty sure they said it's 3m x 3m in the stream?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Exactly how big is the open world?

I really don't want to get excited to jump right into an open world in Warframe only to find out the the open world isn't exactly big as we all want it to be.

Exactly how much a player would spend on Plains of Eidolon vs the nodes we all are used to

How much there is to do in the open world plays a very big part. There should be so much to do that you can stay within the open world in one sitting

Maybe you shouldn't expect too much, it's their first try on it and kind of a testrun to see how their players like it and how well it works.

4 hours ago, ArielTkx said:

1° Daytime is fun, even for new players, night time is end game content, so dont worry

3° According to steve, it is something arround 9km, or 3x3, it is complicated, it is bigger than GTA 3 map i think lol

5° It is impossible to say that now, we may have a lot of things to do when they release PoE, but DE is planning on creating more content and more open world maps for each planet in the future, that said, we will be receiving more updates to PoE anyway, i doubt they will release it, fix some bugs that may (probably will) occur and leave it that way until they decide to release more big maps

Besides... the Day grineer might be "easy" to fight off... But just wait for the night... You'll see how hard it's gonna be. If you'll get to face head-on one of the creatures that lurk there.

The night is dark and full of horrors.

41 minutes ago, lukshu said:

I'm pretty sure they said it's 3m x 3m in the stream?

Maybe you shouldn't expect too much, it's their first try on it and kind of a testrun to see how their players like it and how well it works.

he said 3km x 3km

it equals 9square km. This also includes the Relay tho.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Exactly how much a player would spend on Plains of Eidolon vs the nodes we all are used to

As someone who isn't particularly excited about this: I fear they'll cram it into every single future quest, whether it fits or not. Just like with operator combat. My biggest concern at this point is that they'll overhype and underdeliver again, leaving us with a half-broken feature that won't be fixed for another two years, but still be mandatory if you want to progress.

Ok so I'm aware this has been asked before, just to be honest I didn't seem to find a concrete-ish answer yet. For us low end PC users we are very worried about whether we will still be in the game post content drop.

The official System Requirements at the moment are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2 dual core CPU)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

DirectX: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 20 GB available space

So I guess what im asking is can we can an official word whether this is going to be staying as is or not? Trust me i'd love nothing more than an amazingly graphically pleasing game with shine and glare and even real water but I'm also a realist and that PC is beyond my capacity to acquire anytime soon. 

8 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

It's not that it will be blocked, it will be more about the fact that you won't be able to survive the night without endgame powers. 

I kinda see it like this ^.

New player goes Dakka-Boltor Crazy for 5 minutes on the KAIJU for zero damage, and it instagibs his frame in one hit.

Organically, he will want to know what the deal is...

18 minutes ago, itribe said:

Ok so I'm aware this has been asked before, just to be honest I didn't seem to find a concrete-ish answer yet. For us low end PC users we are very worried about whether we will still be in the game post content drop.

The official System Requirements at the moment are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2 dual core CPU)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

DirectX: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 20 GB available space

So I guess what im asking is can we can an official word whether this is going to be staying as is or not? Trust me i'd love nothing more than an amazingly graphically pleasing game with shine and glare and even real water but I'm also a realist and that PC is beyond my capacity to acquire anytime soon. 

The Devs may compensate for this like they did somewhat with Earth Remaster. 

The 2 options you really have are:
1) Lower your setting in order to run the game faster
2) Upgrade your PC gradually, Buying 1 or 2 bits at a time rather than a full rig at once.

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

a valid concern, though another way to look at it is that Eidolon is something to work for, it serves as motivation: if you tell newer players "do enough Tilesets and THIS could be yours", they'll be much more likely to do whatever it takes to get them to Eidolon. yes, new players can always be Taxied there, but trust me they won't be happy about being kicked around at night; they'll want to join the fray as we take on the Sentient, so they'll take on the necessary milestones they need to become stronger and more experienced. newer players only get half the Eidolon experience essentially, which will tempt them to strive for more.

it's pretty much carved in stone already. the War Within completion requirement, the fact it's a Sentient (weak to Void Energy), the added "maturity" mechanics to Operators... surely you must have figured it out from those, right?

question is; in what way will we be using our Operators: will the Sentient be resistant to all damage unless we zap it a few times, or will we need to laser weak points? and will DE improve the somewhat clunky mode with the Eidolon Update?

tune in in about 3 months to find out!

Well I know they're adding more operator gameplay, to my entire dismay, since the last quest needed it to do those tedious as hell manifestations missions three damn times. I can't stand most of the lore in this game. I liked it better when it was simple with just Warframes.

:poop: 

4 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I'll tell you what... change your PC, by people like you everyone suffers, because Devs have to consider people like you... people with antique PCs.

The game can't looks better because people like you want to play on their typewriters.  

i tell you what you either by me a new PC or pay my bills for me if not dont complain how I hurt you...

1 minute ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

The Devs may compensate for this like they did somewhat with Earth Remaster. 

The 2 options you really have are:
1) Lower your setting in order to run the game faster
2) Upgrade your PC gradually, Buying 1 or 2 bits at a time rather than a full rig at once.

im aware how to resolve the issue the question still remained however
to be honest in games like WoW they have sliding scales for multiple optimization levels and yes i know its not skyrim however i believe they referenced 3000m draw so thats quite substantial of an increase from the ~500m.
so basically no they havent said anything concrete, even remotely that your aware of

1 minute ago, itribe said:

i tell you what you either by me a new PC or pay my bills for me if not dont complain how I hurt you...

im aware how to resolve the issue the question still remained however
to be honest in games like WoW they have sliding scales for multiple optimization levels and yes i know its not skyrim however i believe they referenced 3000m draw so thats quite substantial of an increase from the ~500m.
so basically no they havent said anything concrete, even remotely that your aware of

I'd say they would put a slider or something in for render distance, mainly so that players can maintain fast frame rates.

5 minutes ago, kuchn said:

well
wouldnt call a 2000€ ultrabook a typewriter... but not everyone wants a nerd-end huge gamingstation at home....

2000 euros is alot to not be able to play something like this. Ive got a £400 laptop, and it can play WF at medium graphics. My desktop is £900, and can play on max graphics.

23 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so no fighting the giant sentient alongside dozens of other Tenno then? shame. they might consider expanding this later on though, remember that this is basically a Beta of open world Warframe, if we like it and it works, and if we yell loud enough, we might see improvements like this added later on.

With a proper constructive feedback they could make it like "trials". 8 man squads. WE just need to apply the proper amount of pressure when this gets released. And tbh with the awesome Devs we have, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be released with 1-8 man squads.

1 minute ago, chaotea said:

2000 euros is alot to not be able to play something like this. Ive got a £400 laptop, and it can play WF at medium graphics. My desktop is £900, and can play on max graphics.

oh, i can run WF on full details at the moment...
and i don't expect this to stay like that..but i'd be happy to keep playing on my 2,5 pound laptop =)

steve and kickbottomus maximus had some tweets going about 32 bit exciting news so hopefully itll be good! they do see the concern atleast
and for perspective - i use:
W10 64
q6660 Quad core
4gb DDR2 Ram
gt 6700

so not like i came into this with his hopes i do get this PC needs to die but I cant even remotely replace it atm so...

Edited by itribe

1 minute ago, Lokime said:

So you'd rather let Devs left their games unoptimized? It's not  even because "people like you" that this game needs optimization, but because it runs in three different platforms, so they can't just make ram eater monsters for your hardcore PC anyways.

to be fair current console tech is considerably higher than the min specs needed for this game....