Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

This opens up whole new oportunites.
Imagine Mars, Venus, and/or the Moon with Openworld Maps?
imagine exploring Orokin ruins on the Moon?
Or old human settlements on Mars?

Or More on Earth. Explore forests.
There are ruined cities on Earth we could explore.

Corpus cities with Parkour freedom

We could go back and make that infested settlement from "Glast Gambit" an explorable space with a social area.

I find it funny btw how they FINALLY gave out information about umbra and that the general idea was that there could be a big reveal but most likely umbra related. and now umbra just seems like a near tagged on part of the stream. like exciting but even if there was never any leaking about the subject he would still be overshadowed(hehe) by the plains reveal.

6 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

I am still all tingly inside

Tingly indeed :)  the big reveals are awesome, but all the little QoL changes also add so much to the game, like the end of my dreaded 'Mod Conflicts' in a recent hot-fix :P 

After 6,000+ hours of Warframe, i'm still amazed by the evolution of this great FTP game, DE ! Your vision seems to know no limits, Vive Le Tenno !

I really don't want an open world Warframe forced upon me. As long as I can keep playing the way I'm currently playing then I'm happy. I can mostly avoid arcwing. I can avoid PVP. You have done an acceptable job so far of keeping all of that optional. I really hope I can avoid open world. Please don't make me play Eidolon. I'm happy that it's an option for those who want it, but don't force the rest of us to be unhappy.

Edited by mrecentric

Plains of Eidelon seems to be our next Update, going by the Warframe website writting.

https://www.warframe.com/news/tennocon-announcement-recap

They saw the reveal of Warframe’s groundbreaking new update, Plains of Eidolon, the introduction of Landscapes and the Ostron Civilization, a preview of upcoming Warframes, and more!

Note "The Sacrifice" has no such a thing written anywhere.

Hm.

I dunno. I'm not setting my hopes too high, but I guess it's nice that they're trying something. The vague snippets make it sound like it's going to be open-world game inspired, and I kind of... uh. generally dislike open world games. Though it might honestly turn out better as just a segment of the game overall as opposed to all of the full games of it that have to slam their heads into the genre's innate problems.

Just now, Iccotak said:

They might be connected. or not. 

It could be no doubt, but seeing the massive work Plains is alone I really have a hard time thinking they could put tofgether the quest at the same time. I myself will be expecting this as the update afterwards.

What if we could have a legion of Tenno fighting together, not as a 4-man squad, but as a true MMO style. 

Plus story wise, it wouldn't make sense to send 30+ Tenno into a small corpus ship, plus keeping track of 4 Tenno is easier than 30. We're more than capable of surviving in a large world, but having a large group would help doing things (as a real world example: hunting).

Also, how do you feel that using the archwing is a limited use gear item? We should be able to use it at will.

What about revives? Would the bleedout timer be increased? How many revives do we have? 

6 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

I really don't want an open world Warframe forced upon me. As long as I can keep playing the way I'm currently playing then I'm happy. I can mostly avoid arcwing. I can avoid PVP. You have done an acceptable job so far of keeping all of that optional. I really hope I can avoid open world. Please don't make me play Eidolon. I'm happy that it's an option for those who want it, but don't force the rest of us to be unhappy.

Open world doesn't make sense, for example, on a ship, station or otherwise not surface-oriented locations, so I can't imagine them replacing all of the game world aspects with the open world design. They're probably going to be like relays, possibly even a replacement for relays, but yeah, I don't see us losing the procedural generated tile system.

Although, it might be disruptive if they make them requirements, just like how I don't like going to relays, yet it's required for certain things, like Simaris and the Simulacrum.

Edited by Krion112

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

Hm.

I dunno. I'm not setting my hopes too high, but I guess it's nice that they're trying something. The vague snippets make it sound like it's going to be open-world game inspired, and I kind of... uh. generally dislike open world games. Though it might honestly turn out better as just a segment of the game overall as opposed to all of the full games of it that have to slam their heads into the genre's innate problems.

Anything is better than the endless repetitive missions which we've had to endure since the dawn of it's existence - which was mainly the reason many veterans left the game. This is a step in the right direction for the game as a whole.

I really hope ALL types are able to be made at start, and more customization's come out after that because i really want to make a scythe first.

But question, no actually HOPE that when we make these weapons we can distribute it to friends, or clan mates. what are your opinions and thoughts?

EDIT : OOOH what if...we can give it out as blueprints right, and you select  resources attached to it and you can put polarities in it but it will cost forma (Not the get to 30 then forma version)  and it has limits of course 

Edited by Scyion

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

It could be no doubt, but seeing the massive work Plains is alone I really have a hard time thinking they could put tofgether the quest at the same time. I myself will be expecting this as the update afterwards.

Different skill sets are required for each task, so it's not impossible for work to run concurrently.  You'd need the map artists to run off X number of unique tiles for the quest, but then they could go back to working on PoE's map.

I honestly think you are more shocked than amazed, it happens.  but what I saw tonight was a complete different game.  Going from expecting a new primed frame once in a while, a few new weapons,  riven, relics, endurance, Archwing.  Most of you complained about all this.  Warframe just took the next step, this will be a fact, and will be unavoidable.  its not what you expected but this was game changing.  you wanted change at some point, maybe your type of change,  it still changed.  so yeah, I honestly think you are more shocked than amazed, it happens.

2 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Different skill sets are required for each task, so it's not impossible for work to run concurrently.  You'd need the map artists to run off X number of unique tiles for the quest, but then they could go back to working on PoE's map.

There's been a huge amount of character and sound work too, though. Which is why I believe so.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I've been playing for years. I'm not a newcomer. Senior member of the official Wiki, as a matter of fact.

My point still applies.

However, I'll concede this much: the open world design may act as a solution to many of my issues with the game, it's just the matter of if DE can execute on it correctly or not, but given the direction insinuated by the demo, it seems they might reach such a compromise with me, so I was definitely hasty in my assessment.