Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you run Corrosive Projection?

uAir

I run CP or SD all the time, makes meh tier weapons more viable, sure you can run it with corrosive to strip armor but if it has less armor to start with, you're already doing more damage from the start and doing more damage sooner.

4x CP was more useful in a time where status weapons weren't really that great and when running long endless was actually profitable.

ATM people don't have a reason to keep going on in endless missions.

Only time you really see it now is in coordinated Raids/trials

Edited by Dragazer

I Ran a survey of my 25 frames and while CP did come out on top by 3 its not a given as i interchange ES with CP quite often on some frames depending on what im doing or feel like. Viral is typically my Damage type of choice so those occasions where a 4 CP squad happens is nice but not something i need to have.

Survey Results:

CP 10

ES 7

Steel Charge 5

Rejuvenation 2

Stand United 1

6 hours ago, aligatorno said:

That is one of the most silly, selfish and out right narcissistic statements I`ve heard on this forum since I activate here. Please don't think that your opinion, preferences or needs are the only ones that matter or that they are applicable to the whole population. Reality check, they are not. 

How was it silly or selfish or narcissistic? You're not making any sense. It's like you're just stringing some words together to make it sound like you're saying something but it doesn't make sense under scrutiny.

=========

My opinion is that everyone running CP would benefit the community greatly.

Everyone here saying they don't run CP or that CP is not needed, etc, not one of them has stated that they don't run CP to benefit the other players.

Others saying they don't run CP because they have ways to strip armor. Yet that is justifiably a lie and incorrect because if so many of you had good and efficient ways to strip armor the need for corrosive procs on weapons wouldn't be such a requirement just to try and play the map. Yet Corrosive proc is still the preferred status. Why? Because no matter how many of you try to justify that you don't need CP, the community as a whole still believes they need Corrosive procs.

The people saying fun > effectiveness. That just makes no sense to me because my sense of fun is being efficient and winning with the least amount of effort in the fastest way possible. Effectiveness IS fun. Effectiveness = fun. Fun is finding the most efficient and most effective way to accomplish a task. If you do say it's for fun, what do you think about CP? Do you think it's the aura we should be using? Do you think it's the worst aura we could be using? Why do you not use it? Just throwing in catchphrases like "fun!" or "it's Greeaat!" is not an explanation of your thinking process.

If you stopped thinking about yourself for a moment you might be able to see that beyond crimping your aura slot you could stop gimping the overall damage output the community could output.

Remember Vaykor Hek in sortie with armor at level 100? So many people couldn't complete that mission because of the armor alone.
Remember level 100 Juggernaut with melee? So many people had trouble there because they didn't have CP. They ran into the wave 8 swarm moas and couldn't kill them. So the moas really did begin to swarm. They got to Juggernaut and couldn't figure out how to kill him as they were doing such low damage.
People skip Oxium Ospreys on a regular basis simply because stopping to kill them takes time since there aren't enough CPs going around and yet people complain about a shortage of Oxium.

It's utterly confounding that people have the best and the easiest solution to problems sitting right in front of them but they choose other things simply because they think it's better for themselves. Even a few of you have said that CP is the best but you don't run it. That's so weird.

And yes, I would like it if everyone ran CP most of the time, even for Oxium Ospreys.
I play Mesa with a Tigris Prime and sometimes I find Oxium Ospreys annoying because they take longer to kill than other things.

The thing is, I never really noticed these things and I was never annoyed by them before because almost all of my gametime was with a squad and we went through and tested the auras and settled on CP for everything and Energy Siphon for Spy missions.

A few months ago my squad stopped playing so much due to work and life and I've been soloing and playing in pubs a lot more. I've begun to notice things that were never a problem before. Grineer missions where I'm struggling to kill anything even with my Viral procs. Joining pub endurance runs and we're struggling just 30 minutes into it. Doing excavations and my 3 allies can't hold one excavator alone while when I play with my friends we could each hold an excavator by ourselves. People choosing to play really unoptimally and making missions take longer than they should or making missions more difficult than they need to be. And I'm really not understanding it and it is rather frustrating sometimes.

I've had to respec my mods for corrosive procs instead of viral or heat or blast or gas or even slash. Simply because of the majority of pubbies not running CP. It has slowed down my kill speed greatly. It has made the game slightly less enjoyable. I have had to go into missions and work even harder to carry people because of their wholly inefficient builds.

These problems and issues in clear speed all stem from players not using CP.
If everyone used CP we could all use Viral.
If we all used Viral we cut our kill time by half.
If we cut our kill time by half we gain more loot, finish more relic farming, finish more relic missions, get more Prime parts, have it easier farming arcanes and primes, level up twice as fast, etcetc.

Even if you aren't fully geared yet, running CP allows the other players in the group to more effectively carry you through missions by letting their Viral procs be more effective. By running CP we don't have to spec for Corrosive anymore. We could do Viral. You could mix in Blast or Heat. Radiation. You could generate so much CC with aoe status weapons while allowing your damage allies to clear at twice the speed.

How would you rate calling others

12 minutes ago, uAir said:

If we cut our kill time by half we gain more loot, finish more relic farming, finish more relic missions, get more Prime parts, have it easier farming arcanes and primes, level up twice as fast, etcetc.

Good lord, the last thing I want to do  is to encourage people to rush through missions even faster than they do already.  

You may find efficiency fun - for me, it's a tool to be effective, but is not fun in itself.  I find my fun in the basic mechanics of the combat gameplay:  lining up enemies for a punch-through shot, taking out clumps of enemies in melee, taking big chunks out of a boss with a shotgun... efficiency is a means to these ends, but not an end in itself.  I don't need to be maximally efficient to get what I want, in fact being maximally efficient means I would never do some of those things, I would just take whatever kills the fastest and grind mindlessly for the next pointless virtual carrot without actually enjoying any of the time it takes to get there.

1 minute ago, Tuoweit said:

Good lord, the last thing I want to do  is to encourage people to rush through missions even faster than they do already.  

You may find efficiency fun - for me, it's a tool to be effective, but is not fun in itself.  I find my fun in the basic mechanics of the combat gameplay:  lining up enemies for a punch-through shot, taking out clumps of enemies in melee, taking big chunks out of a boss with a shotgun... efficiency is a means to these ends, but not an end in itself.  I don't need to be maximally efficient to get what I want, in fact being maximally efficient means I would never do some of those things, I would just take whatever kills the fastest and grind mindlessly for the next pointless virtual carrot without actually enjoying any of the time it takes to get there.

That is so clunky.
I'd rather just get the job done and get out of there.
I have primes to farm, primes to sell, relics to farm, parts to collect and sell, etc.
Frames to level up. Weapons to level up. Equipment to reforma and level up again.

Once I have all of that done then I can worry about having fun by not caring about completing the mission.

21 minutes ago, uAir said:

That is so clunky.
I'd rather just get the job done and get out of there.
I have primes to farm, primes to sell, relics to farm, parts to collect and sell, etc.
Frames to level up. Weapons to level up. Equipment to reforma and level up again.

Once I have all of that done then I can worry about having fun by not caring about completing the mission.

This post sums up this whole topic.  You really want everyone to use Corrosive Projection to make it easier for you to get the stuff you want.  Once you get that stuff, then you will finally be on our level and not need Corrosive Projection.  This statement just showed you to be a hypocrite.  Why I say hypocrite?  Because you just said that once people using CP helps you get everything you want, then you won't be using it yourself.  That is selfish.  Which in turn makes you a double hypocrite because you called all of us selfish for not using CP to help the group.  

With this one post, you just rendered any further arguments you could make void.  

1 hour ago, uAir said:

My opinion is that everyone running CP would benefit the community greatly.

What benefit? Letting them blitz through every single content and get bored much faster?

1 hour ago, uAir said:

Others saying they don't run CP because they have ways to strip armor. Yet that is justifiably a lie and incorrect because if so many of you had good and efficient ways to strip armor the need for corrosive procs on weapons wouldn't be such a requirement just to try and play the map. Yet Corrosive proc is still the preferred status. Why? Because no matter how many of you try to justify that you don't need CP, the community as a whole still believes they need Corrosive procs.

Please stop saying "the community as a whole" since I don't believe we need Corrosive Proc. That's already one person, and it negates saying "everyone". Why do I say I don't need it? Because my weapons can already one or two shot lvl100 enemies with ease. How would armor reduction tools help making one-shot kill faster? Especially if it's against Infested or Corpus who barely have any armor.

1 hour ago, uAir said:

The people saying fun > effectiveness. That just makes no sense to me because my sense of fun is being efficient and winning with the least amount of effort in the fastest way possible. Effectiveness IS fun. Effectiveness = fun. Fun is finding the most efficient and most effective way to accomplish a task. If you do say it's for fun, what do you think about CP? Do you think it's the aura we should be using? Do you think it's the worst aura we could be using? Why do you not use it? Just throwing in catchphrases like "fun!" or "it's Greeaat!" is not an explanation of your thinking process.

You're one of those people who think "Fun is efficiency". I find my fun seeing random and funny stuff happening on screen, like the Sonicor Space Program, random bar brawl thanks to Rad Proc or Nyx Chaos, seeing the enemies unable to hit me in Razorwing mode.

When I want to engage in a brutal massacre of the Grineer or Corpus, any random mission or Fissure in the Star Chart would do. My weapons can already tackle Sortie content, so the Star Chart level enemies are just getting one-shotted. Again, how does armor reduction speed up one-shotting?

1 hour ago, uAir said:

If you stopped thinking about yourself for a moment you might be able to see that beyond crimping your aura slot you could stop gimping the overall damage output the community could output.

I usually do my stuff in solo, or in random groups. I usually go alone anyway since I know my taste of fun is not the majority would have. Since I'm expecting to go alone anyway, why should I expecting someone else to help?

1 hour ago, uAir said:

Remember Vaykor Hek in sortie with armor at level 100? So many people couldn't complete that mission because of the armor alone.
Remember level 100 Juggernaut with melee? So many people had trouble there because they didn't have CP. They ran into the wave 8 swarm moas and couldn't kill them. So the moas really did begin to swarm. They got to Juggernaut and couldn't figure out how to kill him as they were doing such low damage.
People skip Oxium Ospreys on a regular basis simply because stopping to kill them takes time since there aren't enough CPs going around and yet people complain about a shortage of Oxium.

Augmented Armor Sortie is meant to be crazy, and you expect a random PuG to do exactly what you want them to do. I can't comprehend the level of megalomania in this intention.

Juggernaut biggest damage reduction is not it's armor. It has a innate damage reduction on most of it's body other than it's weak-spot. Removing it's armor won't help much. Furthermore, melee usually have a hard time hitting those weakspots without getting hit by it's death-spray.

If you're having trouble killing Oxium Osprey without CP, then you're most likely overstep your level range. Oxium Osprey is one of the toughest common unit of the Corpus, but it still doesn't justify bringing CP ONLY for ONE enemy.

1 hour ago, uAir said:

And yes, I would like it if everyone ran CP most of the time, even for Oxium Ospreys.
I play Mesa with a Tigris Prime and sometimes I find Oxium Ospreys annoying because they take longer to kill than other things.

The thing is, I never really noticed these things and I was never annoyed by them before because almost all of my gametime was with a squad and we went through and tested the auras and settled on CP for everything and Energy Siphon for Spy missions.

A few months ago my squad stopped playing so much due to work and life and I've been soloing and playing in pubs a lot more. I've begun to notice things that were never a problem before. Grineer missions where I'm struggling to kill anything even with my Viral procs. Joining pub endurance runs and we're struggling just 30 minutes into it. Doing excavations and my 3 allies can't hold one excavator alone while when I play with my friends we could each hold an excavator by ourselves. People choosing to play really unoptimally and making missions take longer than they should or making missions more difficult than they need to be. And I'm really not understanding it and it is rather frustrating sometimes.

I've had to respec my mods for corrosive procs instead of viral or heat or blast or gas or even slash. Simply because of the majority of pubbies not running CP. It has slowed down my kill speed greatly. It has made the game slightly less enjoyable. I have had to go into missions and work even harder to carry people because of their wholly inefficient builds.

Even if you aren't fully geared yet, running CP allows the other players in the group to more effectively carry you through missions by letting their Viral procs be more effective. By running CP we don't have to spec for Corrosive anymore. We could do Viral. You could mix in Blast or Heat. Radiation. You could generate so much CC with aoe status weapons while allowing your damage allies to clear at twice the speed.

There are other ways to complete a mission. Complete area denial with Nyx, Vauban, Loki, Banshee. Especially on missions where killing might be seen as a hindrance. On missions such as Mobile defense, Interception, where it would be beneficial to let the enemy just neutralized and not killed. Killing a CC-ed enemy is just spawning a new one more ready to kill you.

Edited by Gamma745

This whole mentality of "if you don't use CP than your just selfish" is pretty ridiculous. Let people play whatever makes them comfortable, let's not forget that a lot of people play warframe for fun and not just for grinding. If Running a 4xCP group in any mission is your fantasy, then please make some friends in recuiting and run CP everywhere you go, instead of jumping on the forums and shoving your playstyle/opinions in everybody's face. 

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This post sums up this whole topic.  You really want everyone to use Corrosive Projection to make it easier for you to get the stuff you want.  Once you get that stuff, then you will finally be on our level and not need Corrosive Projection.  This statement just showed you to be a hypocrite.  Why I say hypocrite?  Because you just said that once people using CP helps you get everything you want, then you won't be using it yourself.  That is selfish.  Which in turn makes you a double hypocrite because you called all of us selfish for not using CP to help the group.  

With this one post, you just rendered any further arguments you could make void.  

We've pretty quickly unraveled the mystery of this thread. Truly tc is the most selfish of all to actually try to convince the community to do this for his benefit.

@uAir I really think you're wasting your time here. These are people that will never learn. That's why I rather do solo sorties than in public, the ammount of high MR players that don't have a clue how to play the game is immense. That's why you keep getting chroma's and wukong's in interceptions and defenses instead of team orientated frames. That is why you keep getting steel charges instead of CP in armor enhancement sorties, that is why you keep running into embers in radiation hazards, etc. This is the majority of WF community sadly, where MR means nothing. People only think of themselves and they are not even capable of realyzing that whenever they press that public matchmaking without a team aura they are not only hindering themselves but everyone that gets dragged in. Most of high MR players don't have a clue about game mechanics, armor scalling, etc. They have no idea how to set up an efficient team for specific missions, etc. And then when things go sour they blame it on the others without never looking to themselves. That is why they keep being bad while others progress. Keep that knowledge to yourself or anyone that is willing to listen and think about it, share it and convince the players you play with regularity that CP or Shield Disrupt are indeed the top game auras. As for these plebs on the forums let them sink in their own ignorance/selfishness

Why would I ever want to use Corrosive Projection?  It's wholly unnecessary at this point.

It's borderline useless on the Corpus, the most dangerous things that use Armor are Bursas, and those are rare and have a massive weak point on their back.  Oxium Ospreys are a non-issue even in high levels unless you're in high levels and desperately need to kill them for Oxium.

I'm... honestly still not clear on if Infested have an armor type that CP affects.  I've heard conflicting reports.  Either way, Infested are probably the weakest faction once a player's fully decked out.

Fighting against Grineer would benefit most from it, but considering the opportunity cost of using CP over something else, it's not even close to worth it, especially with the numerous methods we have to get around armor.

1 hour ago, LycanPT said:

@uAir I really think you're wasting your time here. These are people that will never learn. That's why I rather do solo sorties than in public, the ammount of high MR players that don't have a clue how to play the game is immense. That's why you keep getting chroma's and wukong's in interceptions and defenses instead of team orientated frames. That is why you keep getting steel charges instead of CP in armor enhancement sorties, that is why you keep running into embers in radiation hazards, etc. This is the majority of WF community sadly, where MR means nothing. People only think of themselves and they are not even capable of realyzing that whenever they press that public matchmaking without a team aura they are not only hindering themselves but everyone that gets dragged in. Most of high MR players don't have a clue about game mechanics, armor scalling, etc. They have no idea how to set up an efficient team for specific missions, etc. And then when things go sour they blame it on the others without never looking to themselves. That is why they keep being bad while others progress. Keep that knowledge to yourself or anyone that is willing to listen and think about it, share it and convince the players you play with regularity that CP or Shield Disrupt are indeed the top game auras. As for these plebs on the forums let them sink in their own ignorance/selfishness

Be careful, your silly ego is starting to pour out from how big it is. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 hours ago, LycanPT said:

It's disgusting how huge your ego is, however I agree that you and uAir should keep your "ideas" too yourself, because honestly you guys are just so closed minded about other players playstyles that I pray to RNGesus that no new players get unlucky enough to cross paths with the both of you.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Angry

The only time I used corrosive projection was when players in recruiting chat were precise about it when squadding for golem assassination, that was 2 years ago.  All my builds now either have growing power, stand united, energy syphon or rejuvenation.  When Condition overload got into the game, melees with corrosive/viral/slash proc's became my thing on another side.  Since I'm on console and update isn't live yet and hearing that enemies get harder the closer you get to completing it now, i'd say if you don't have access to all the fancy mods CP is a good way to start.  Just keep in mind that enemy scaling at a certain extent results in considerable falloffs on DPS/KPS (damage per second/kill per second).

3 hours ago, LycanPT said:

That is why you keep getting steel charges instead of CP in armor enhancement sorties

Steel Charge would be the better Aura to use if you focus more on melee or doing a melee only sortie. 

they are not even capable of realyzing that whenever they press that public matchmaking without a team aura they are not only hindering themselves but everyone that gets dragged in.

but yet I always find myself rezing a downed player who uses CP to compensate for bad tactics.  In these cases, that CP player is hindering everyone else because they are dead from depending on a crutch.   See how that argument can be reversed.  :D

As for these plebs on the forums let them sink in their own ignorance/selfishness

Most of these "plebs" as you call them are the same ones who experiment with different builds and things to find new meta.  It is ignorance to just blinding copy another without testing it yourself to see how it works or if it even works for you. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
added statement

Pretty much run it on most of my 'attack' frames because of the simple fact that I can bypass shields on corpus with gas/toxin but when you get an eximus corpus or simply grineer they have armor to contend with which can then be negated or lowered via CP. 

Should the game basically make it so that we rely on one aura... probably not but until the game has it's enemy scaling sorted the obvious approach is to just grab a cp aura and run with it. 

Edited by LSG501

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Should the game basically make it so that we rely on one aura... probably not but until the game has it's enemy scaling sorted the obvious approach is to just grab a cp aura and run with it. 

Catch 22, it'll never be reworked because we can just use CP to remove it. 

4 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Catch 22, it'll never be reworked because we can just use CP to remove it. 

True, but if the dev's did actually do something about the way armor scales we might actually consider alternative aura's... like maybe empowered blades on inaros for example,  pistol amp on mesa (actually that might be what I have on mine already....) , or one of the weapon damage amp auras instead. 

Because of the way it is now we're just not going to look at potentially better options for our frames. 

Edited by LSG501