Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Prime Content for NOTHING?

DovahkiinCat

As a beta player who got cucked out of the actual beta rewards thanks to poor integration with STEAM at the time, I know what real pain is to see items you could have had if only you knew how to get them at the time. Even if the items aren't that good, the allure and prestige that comes with having those out-of-print items  makes me want them all the more. When things get retired, we see huge spikes in the gameplay to try and recover as many parts of those frames or weapons as possible, and as a result we get a fresh boost to the economy due to the supply and demand.

Once those supplies dry up, demand spikes sharply.

As someone who has had Frost Prime (and has also burned way more money that I would like to admit) among other Prime Access rewards, I was a massive farmer and seller back when I played very frequently. Frost Prime was amazing back before the reworks and overhauls and I loved having my king of defense missions. I even have the Arcane Helmet for him.

And now I log in to my Twitch account and see literally everyone in the world gets this iconic frame for clicking a button, making the parts 100% worthless, and flooding the game with what was once a cool and iconic frame of ages since past.

You guys really need to NOT do things like this, because it's a horrendous slap in the face to what long term players you maintain.

Edited by DovahkiinCat

Hey OP

So, first things first: Please do not bring up, Beta issues, even if you missed out on the chance of getting such, its best to keep this to yourself.

2nd: Forst Prime is not an exclusive frame, nor is anyone other primed frame, besides the one we don't talk about around here. Forst Prime is vaulted, yes, but that does not mean, no one will ever get the chance to get him, Upon either un-vaulting (Or when the stupid thing dies). Then you will get your chance to farm or buy him.

Twitch Prime was much as a surprise as it was, to you, then to everyone else, doing things like this, HELPS DE, get noticed and brings in more players and respectfully more money, to keep warframe alive.

Now in all due respect OP: If you are unhappy about a choice DE makes then feel free to take a break away from the game. As players do not want to buy from other players, who rip them off of, Plat or pay for PA. A lot of players have jobs or life and they can not keep buying things in-game. 

This free Forst Prime was a gift and you should be thankful that DE, do this at all.

P.S; I just want to bring up also OP: Not -EVERYONE- got it for free, some players had to pay for Twitch Prime, as they already used a trial in the past or their country does not allow it, with that being said even, some players were not even able to get it in the first place, due to, yet again: Country 

So, let it go OP, Let it go..

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Had to remove something lol

Just now, Letter13 said:

I mean when selling your soul to Amazon gets you great shows like Man in the High Castle... seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Iced to see you, Letter 13.

I rather keep my soul cold as it is. I will never let it go...

(I'm stopping with the puns now) 

Oh the entitlement and resentment is strong with this one.

Poor you for not understanding how the gaming market works with PROMOTIONS and keeping the BUSINESS thriving. Every game that ever existed has changed over time and promotions do also. None of this is EXCLUSIVE and so sad that you can't open your eyes to seeing how this helps the game over how it hurts your feelings.

They will continue to market the game and give things away that have been available for years. They are not here to care about whether or not you might make a grofit in the trade market or not.

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uhh, please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting? 

I feel like there's some sort of meta joke/irony about that and selling one's soul to Amazon (who I believe hosts the web services for photobucket)...

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uhh, please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting? 

Photobucket has let me down again hasn't it?

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I feel like there's some sort of meta joke/irony about that and selling one's soul to Amazon (who I believe hosts the web services for photobucket)...

That's actually better then my original joke, so i'm going to pretend what you suggested is what i was going for all along. 

38 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Is DE not allowed to promote their game?

Apparently. I mean why should a gaming company, or any business rather, want to make money. Surely they can stay afloat with no new players or players who take breaks from time to time.  

Good Grief.

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Not nothing, you have to sell your soul to amazon to get it.

Except the fact remains that Twitch Prime is a fekking free trial for a month, so you can toss it on for this small thing, grab frost and the syandana, then deactivate it once the month is up. 

10 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Except the fact remains that Twitch Prime is a fekking free trial for a month, so you can toss it on for this small thing, grab frost and the syandana, then deactivate it once the month is up. 

So what?

Just now, Neo3602 said:

So what?

So it means that essentially DE is inconsiderate when giving out their promotions. If it was something less valuable like a Volt or Nova Prime, it wouldn't be so bad, but because Frost Prime was so long ago before relics (same as loki, ember, rhino, etc), it does quite a lot of hurt to those that put in so many hours to get their prime frames and the like when you can get it now for...about 30s of work (depending on if you have a potato comp or not). OP has a point with how DE handles HR and their system for increasing interest in the game, but might have put it out in a way that just gets hate instead of insightful conversation (aka why all you other plebs have been thrashing his opinion already).

2 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

So it means that essentially DE is inconsiderate when giving out their promotions. If it was something less valuable like a Volt or Nova Prime, it wouldn't be so bad, but because Frost Prime was so long ago before relics (same as loki, ember, rhino, etc), it does quite a lot of hurt to those that put in so many hours to get their prime frames and the like when you can get it now for...about 30s of work (depending on if you have a potato comp or not). OP has a point with how DE handles HR and their system for increasing interest in the game, but might have put it out in a way that just gets hate instead of insightful conversation (aka why all you other plebs have been thrashing his opinion already).

I fail to see how DE making a frame easier to get devalues it for people who already have it.

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I fail to see how DE making a frame easier to get devalues it for people who already have it.

Coming from a founder it's quite sad that you don't get it already. Frost is gone now, unvaulting happened and he's back to the void forever (until next xmas or some dumb promotion again kek). The entire point you're missing is that giving players two initial options to buy or farm said items already is a good enough strategy, especially with the sadness that is relics (keys were better, always will be) causing more than thousands to buy PA. Then you have a limited time sellout with Twitch Prime/Amazon Prime that essentially says "look at that 130$ or 20hrs you spent on the game to get this item, oh wait, here it is for free because of the monthly free trial". It's poor taste overall as it discourages players who have spent a lot of time in this game farming without any money invested. Hell, we might as well have Ember Prime come back through...idk...becoming a follower of Warframe's Twitch channel next. You should get the point by now. Even if it takes forever to get free stuff, it will always hurt and ruin motivation to bother wasting time in relic missions when someday DE will give everything slowly, gradually out, for free.

4 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Coming from a founder it's quite sad that you don't get it already. Frost is gone now, unvaulting happened and he's back to the void forever (until next xmas or some dumb promotion again kek). The entire point you're missing is that giving players two initial options to buy or farm said items already is a good enough strategy, especially with the sadness that is relics (keys were better, always will be) causing more than thousands to buy PA. Then you have a limited time sellout with Twitch Prime/Amazon Prime that essentially says "look at that 130$ or 20hrs you spent on the game to get this item, oh wait, here it is for free because of the monthly free trial". It's poor taste overall as it discourages players who have spent a lot of time in this game farming without any money invested. Hell, we might as well have Ember Prime come back through...idk...becoming a follower of Warframe's Twitch channel next. You should get the point by now. Even if it takes forever to get free stuff, it will always hurt and ruin motivation to bother wasting time in relic missions when someday DE will give everything slowly, gradually out, for free.

If DE decided to send everyone in Warframe Excal, Lato and Skana Prime I wouldn't care. Sure I paid quite a bit for them back in the day, but that was then and this it now. The fact that someday I might be able to get something in Warframe far more easily than can now does NOTHING to my kill my motivation to work for it now. If you want to let something inconsequential as that kill you motivation the play the game that's on you.

38 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

It devalues signficantly the price people are willing to pay in trade for the BP parts

Not the first time and wont be the last DE effs the value of horded items - They frequently change the rarity of parts when introducing new relics - which is actually a double screw job since it devalues both the plat value AND dukat value of items in inventory.

As pointed out "FREE" twitch is only free to some, and is a limited time offer with only a few days remaining.  at which point anyone who didnt get will be back to buying.

I agree however they should have (and could have easily) used a non vaulted frame, free plat, a twitch prime exclusive syndana or other item etc...

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

Maybe I should post my Iahgames Braton skin on Braton Vandal here...

Seriously though, I don't see a reason how giving away Frost Prime is a "slap in the face", I'd agree with you if DE promised that it will never come back or something (like CBT and Founder items), I've been playing this game before Excalibur Prime came out as far as I remember, so obviously I was there when Frost Prime came out for the first time, and I've still got that Frost, the one I've farmed years ago, am I mad? No. Stats are the same, so why would I?

Same with Snipetron Vandal and every other event weapon, I don't see a reason why we should keep content away from new players

1 hour ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Except the fact that not everyone will get it. There are countries there weren't eligible for this promotion. So those players will either need to buy ingame or wait for an unvaulting.